SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Wilson Combat P320 grip frames
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Wilson Combat P320 grip frames Login/Join 
Picture of JBird679
posted
Wilson Combat has released a P320 grip frame! It has their signature look along with a higher beavertail and flared magwell. It says it will take grip weights but I don't know if that means the factory Sig options or if they're going to release something custom.

Right now they have only have Full Size in Black, and Carry options in black or tan and with or without safety.
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Modules/products/1269/

The only issue I see is they did all of their comparisons with the traditional grip frame instead of the newer X-modules which are much better (IMO). I still may have to order one to give it a try. I'm glad other companies are finally taking advantage of the P320's modularity!

There are more photos on their site, including side-by-sides with a traditional grip frame, but the images are huge so I didn't want to include them here.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Their video looks like their frame is more narrow than factory.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Their grip contour is very respectable compared to the factory frame. I wonder why Sig couldn't bring a frame like this in the beginning. Me likes the tan color too.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And...the non-safety versions are sold out. That was quick. Smile

P220C .45ACP, P226 TACOPS TB 9MM, P226 .357Sig, P226 .40S&W, P229 9mm, P229 .357Sig, P938 9mm, P238 .380ACP, P245 .45ACP, P290RS 9mm, P365 9mm, SigPro 2340 .357Sig, Sig551A1 5.56mm, M400 5.56mm, M400 .300BLK
MCX Virtus .300BLK

Posts: 6 | Location: New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 13, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Please explain to me the advantage of this frame vs. the factory Sig frame?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Soon you'll be able to make a P320 without anything from SIG! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cool. I'll give their Carry version a shot, once they're in stock. I like the X-Carry grip a lot more than the standard Carry, but wish it was shaped a bit more like the X-Compact. This one might be closer to what I'm wanting.

quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
Please explain to me the advantage of this frame vs. the factory Sig frame?

Similar advantages to what the X-series grip modules offer, namely:

-Higher beavertail, for a higher grip
-Undercut trigger guard, for a higher grip
-More aggressive texture, for a more positive grip
-Reshaped grip area, for a more ergonomic grip
-A more sharply flared magwell, for slightly easier/quicker mag insertions

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Soon you'll be able to make a P320 without anything from SIG! Big Grin

I might end up finally getting one then! Big Grin

Oh, I didn't just say that did I? Eek

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
COMPACT. COMPACT. COMPACT. That is all.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I didn't see anywhere if the specify that they are available for the .45, but I didn't watch the video though.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
These have me shopping for a cheap 320 in .40

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for one without the rail...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
In Wilson's description of this frame, it mentions Tungsten weights in the grip module.

Why would you want weights?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the WILSON grips. The WILSON stippling wakes up the drab looking P320. I like the undercut and rounded trigger guard. Still hard to spend that much on a piece of plastic though.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
In Wilson's description of this frame, it mentions Tungsten weights in the grip module.

Added grip/frame weight = less felt recoil/muzzle climb = faster follow-up shots.

Generally used in competition, not so much for carry guns.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Im a fan of Wilson 1911’s and would definitely try one if they make a version for the X-Compact.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I've always liked the WILSON grips. The WILSON stippling wakes up the drab looking P320.

To each their own. I think they're fugly

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Added grip/frame weight = less felt recoil/muzzle climb = faster follow-up shots.

Generally used in competition, not so much for carry guns.

I wish they had shown a completed pistol with their frame.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish they had shown a completed pistol with their frame.

They do, on the webpages linked in the OP.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I have a carry grip ordered for my M18. Fortunately the grip frames for the safety were still in stock. It should arrive mid-week so I’ll get to play with it next weekend.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post