SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Wilson Combat P320 grip frames
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Wilson Combat P320 grip frames Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Viking:
Too bad they did not turn out one with a safety. I would have bought it.

They did...

Available in black: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/G...productinfo/320-CMB/

Or FDE: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/G...productinfo/320-CMT/

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson:
When they make one for the manual safety M17 I will try them out.

See above.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
hopefully the compact is released sooner than later and the cost is not increased.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by The Viking:
Too bad they did not turn out one with a safety. I would have bought it.

They did...

Available in black: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/G...productinfo/320-CMB/

Or FDE: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/G...productinfo/320-CMT/

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson:
When they make one for the manual safety M17 I will try them out.

See above.

WOW, Thanks appreciate the information.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I ordered one the other day. Will post some pics and thoughts after it arrives.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today i received mine; it is a Carry black with a manual safety slot and my M17 is now wearing it. When I figure-out how to post a picture I will. It feels good in the hand, better than the original grip!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
Today i received mine; it is a Carry black with a manual safety slot and my M17 is now wearing it. When I figure-out how to post a picture I will. It feels good in the hand, better than the original grip!

Better than the X-Frame, though?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
The black module in the 2nd pic is factory Sig. The FDE Wilson shows no seam. The Wilson modules in the OPs link do show a seam line.

Oh, that, I like it I like the way the line runs up the back of the stockings............ Razz

Good looking frame like to see it next to the X-Frame as well, with lines..

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:

Better than the X-Frame, though?

In between the Original and the X. I like it.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting in the comparison page from WC you don't see the seam in this image... or others...

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Got mine today. Haven't had a chance to shoot it, but had a chance to fondle it. For comparison, I currently use an X-Compact grip module, but used the X-Carry module before that, and the standard Compact/Carry modules before that.

First impression is a little underwhelming.

First, the good:
-Texture is definitely an improvement over the standard grip module.
-Flared magwell is a marginal improvement over the standard module.
-Fits and works normally.

Now, the bad:
-The plastic feels noticeably lighter/"chintzier" than the standard or X-series modules.
-Grip profile is extremely similar to the standard modules. It's a noticeably oval/football-shaped grip, just with an even more prominent rounded ridge that runs down the back than the standard module. Doesn't feel nearly as good in my hand as the more squared-off X-series grips.
-While the texture is an improvement over the standard module, I'm not convinced that the larger and more aggressive texture is that much of an improvement over the X-series texture.

Honestly, this seems basically like a standard grip module that has had the grip retextured and the trigger guard undercut.

Just from fondling it, I like it a bit more than the standard modules, but don't like it as much as the more squared-off X-series modules. Especially the X-Compact. However, we'll see how it performs during shooting.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Interesting in the comparison page from WC you don't see the seam in this image... or others...

I see the seam it’s just less pronounced.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, this seems basically like a standard grip module that has had the grip retextured and the trigger guard undercut.

Is it being touted as something more? That is all I really expected or thought from the description and pictures.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Is it being touted as something more? That is all I really expected or thought from the description and pictures.

Well, yes. It's not just a stippled standard module.

It's a redesigned, newly manufactured grip module, touted as having "significant improvements in shape, texture and overall ergonomics".

I'm only seeing 1 of the 3 at this point.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
It’s clearly slimmer than the standard 320 module and it appears to have a bit of a bobbed/rounded butt. Those are certainly differences. I think Wilson stippling is perfect, so I’m guessing the grip will be better on that front for sure.

It won’t feel like a standard 320 grip. If that’s a good thing or a bad thing is up to your hand. It’s another option.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
It’s clearly slimmer than the standard 320 module and it appears to have a bit of a bobbed/rounded butt. Those are certainly differences. I think Wilson stippling is perfect, so I’m guessing the grip will be better on that front for sure.

It won’t feel like a standard 320 grip. If that’s a good thing or a bad thing is up to your hand. It’s another option.

Got mine today. It is slimmer than a standard grip, a bit more flat on the sides, a sharper radius on the backstrap, and deep relief cuts under the trigger finger on both sides. Front and back straps are really grippy too.

It's Wilson, so you know they were going to make it more 1911-ish, which it is. The backstrap is a little too tapered to the smaller radius, feeling a bit like a CZ P-07.

In addition to the Wilson, I have a few other grip modules - all cut for the manual safety:

Medium Regular Carry (M17)
Small Regular Carry
Small X-Carry
Small Regular Full
Medium Regular Compact (P320 compact MS)
Small Regular Compact
Medium X-Compact

If someone would just mold an HK P30 grip (small inserts all around) into a P320 module, that would be fine with me...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It won’t feel like a standard 320 grip.

I think you missed the part where my comparison to it feeling similar to a standard P320 grip is from actually holding the one I bought. Not just looking at photos.

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
a sharper radius on the backstrap
The backstrap is a little too tapered to the smaller radius

Yeah, I think that's the biggest thing that's potentially turning me off to this grip. I haven't even shot it yet, and the high tapered ridge down the backstrap is already bugging my wide hand.

But we know that the feel of the pistol in your hand doesn't necessarily correlate to how well it works for you while shooting, so I'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Rogue, I think you missed the part where I said it will depend on each person’s hand. Unless of course you think your opinion will be correct for everyone.

Besides, you even said it didn’t feel like the standard or the X frame, so what’s up? I didn’t say anything different than you did I?

Wrong side of the bed today?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday for my M18, I like the texture and size better than either the standard or X-carry. The X is too slick IMO, I like the more aggressive texture, it locks into my hand quite well. I'll need to shoot it today and see how that goes and I'll see about getting a picture up.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wrong side of the bed today?

Yep.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Received my carry size grip module today and I'm impressed. Has the feel of a traditional P320 grip in size small, yet the a great stipiling that's not too aggressive. The magwell is beveled to aid in reloads.

X-Carry with Wilson grip and 17rd mag.

X-Carry with Wilson grip and 21rd mag (new style base pad for X Guns).

Probably won't get range tiime with it till late next week.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post