SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    GLOCK 19 gen 5. Mag cut out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GLOCK 19 gen 5. Mag cut out Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
Yes. Think Glock decided to get rid of the Gen5 cut out. Just saw a bunch here in Smyrna they all had no cut out and front of slide was beveled like a G26 for carry.

I thought the Gen5 19 and 26 were already identically beveled.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
Yes. Think Glock decided to get rid of the Gen5 cut out. Just saw a bunch here in Smyrna they all had no cut out

Wait. You just saw a bunch of standard (non MOS) gen 5 G19 and/or G17 models in Smyrna WITHOUT the half moon cutout? Pictures and info please. This news hasn't hit anywhere on the net, to include the big Glock forum. Are you sure?

There should be pictures or news SOMEWHERE if true, as thousands of folks have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the improved gen 5, if they ever come.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wasn't the Gen 5 basically the civilian version of the M models, built for the FBI competition (which they won)? I think they spec'ed a cutout to allow a jammed mag to be striped. The Gen 5 carried that along.

Correct. The 'Gen5' Glocks were the retail versions of the 'M' series Glocks that were built for the FBI. They required the front cutout. When Glock changed the rollmark from 'M' to 'Gen5' they kept the cutout. Consumers decided they didn't like the cutout and Glock changed it. Personally it doesn't bother me. I owned a gen2 19 with it and I own a gen5 17 with it. It's nice to see Glock respond so quickly to the market though.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Consumers decided they didn't like the cutout and Glock changed it. Personally it doesn't bother me. I owned a gen2 19 with it and I own a gen5 17 with it. It's nice to see Glock respond so quickly to the market though.

Glock changed the cutout? Where/when? Just unsubstantiated speculation and wishing so far, from what I have seen. We may never see regular gen 5 guns (non MOS) without the cutout.

If Glock changed the cutout, where are the pics? Were are the reviews? And articles and post on the internet showing such???

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Yes Glock changed the cutout. It’s on the MOS model but it was changed. Did they change the regular gen 5 yet? I don’t know because I could care less.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I guess I am also one of the few who find no issues at all with the cut out on my G19 Gen 5, I just do not notice it.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I guess I am also one of the few who find no issues at all with the cut out on my G19 Gen 5, I just do not notice it.

Same here.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post