SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320RX First Impressions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320RX First Impressions Login/Join 
posted
Ok, I'll admit that I'm late to the party when it comes to this pistol. I procrastinated for a long time before I decided to commit to the purchase. But when I saw the price I could buy it for through the NRA Instructor program, I couldn't help myself.

First of all, a big thank you to Tom and the crew at the Sig Pro Shop for all the help getting this gun through the system and out to me so quickly.

I received the gun on Tuesday and had a few days to go over it before I could make it to the range for real trigger time. At first take the 320 is nicely made and fits my hand very well as it is. Fit and finish are superb as I would have expected. Balance is a noticeably front heavy with an empty mag but who judges with an empty mag right? Fully loaded it balances quite well.

The Romeo 1 sight is what really attracted me to the platform and I love it but wish the dot was larger. Old eyes and all that. But the way the sight sits low in the slide is a great piece of engineering and sighting is very instinctive for me. By the way, grip angle on the 320 fits me very well and that, combined with the sighting system, had me putting the dot on point of aim extremely fast.

Saturday I took the new addition to the range and both my son and I shot it along with several other handguns. Something in the neighborhood of 300 rounds through the 320 with zero failures of any type. This was using Winchester white box, Sig, UMC and Federal commercial ammo along with the 147 grain bulk loads that I purchase from a local mass loader for competition use. The gun shoots very soft with very controllable recoil and follow up. The two supplied 17 round mags are well made and gave us no trouble at all. A slight adjustment to the red dot sight was needed but that was minimal.

My only complaint about the gun would have to be the trigger. I have read countless articles and posts about the 320 triggers and the GGI replacements. Personally, I think most people make too much of pull weight. Having shot DA revolvers for decades and owning quite a few DA/SA auto pistols I'm used to all types of triggers including my all time favorite 1911's and highly modified striker fired types. Practice and learn to use it. That being said, this trigger felt and sounded like one of those dollar store plastic dart guns when I dry fired it. With actual rounds being fired you obviously loose the cheap sound but that feel it definitely odd. Much more pronounced than even my Glock 19 which I believe had the worst trigger from the factory I have ever pulled. That is until Saturday. I'll shoot the 320 much more before I make a change but I have a feeling that a new trigger and some hand working will be needed along with a lot of firing.

All in all I really like the gun and don't regret buying it. I plan on using the gun exclusively for steel challenge so my wants and complaints may not be equal to those of others with different plans for their gun. Time for a good cleaning, inspection and get her ready for another range visit midweek. Thanks for reading.

"If you meet an asshole early in the day, you've just met an asshole. If you keep meeting them all day long, chances are that you're the asshole."

Posts: 15 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the new SIG! Always a good day when you buy a new SIG. I love my P320RX and shoot it very well. I would recommend a GG PELT trigger. Have them on both my P320's. Well worth the $$ IMHO.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post