SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Accuracy question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Accuracy question Login/Join 
posted
Full disclaimer : I am not familiar with Sig firearms

I am looking for an "out of the box" accurate semi auto, and was advised to look into a Sig 210.

I noticed there were a couple of different P210s, and more to the point, they were selling at vastly different prices on gunbroker.

I'm not a collector, and I am not interested in a tactical type gun, high mag capacity or anything like that. It's going to be used at the range and them cleaned and packed away till next time.

I'll be shooting off hand (always two handed) at 15 to 25 yards and out to 50 or so from bags. I don't want to spend $4,000 if a $1,500 pistol will do the same.

thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 210 would be a great choice based on what you described. A new production American made model is what I'd suggest. In addition to being cheaper than many of the German and Swiss made guns they tend to shoot as well or better. I know somebody with various German and Swiss models hes collected over the years that got one of the American made ones when they first came out, it will consistently shoot as well or better than his 3 German and 2 Swiss made ones. The 210 is one of the few things (in my opinion) Sig has done a great job on in the past 10 years, I'd highly recommend one.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apuesto:
I'll be shooting off hand (always two handed) at 15 to 25 yards and out to 50 or so from bags. I don't want to spend $4,000 if a $1,500 pistol will do the same.

thanks

Then, the American P210 will fit the bill just fine, and then some. It will go toe to toe against the Swiss and the German guns and come home smelling like the winner.

Q

Posts: 26341 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P210 American Standard would be a perfect gun fitting your needs: highly accurate, well made and at least 3X cheaper than a Swiss original. You can have one for $1100 out the door.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of getting the target model.

If I like the gun, are there some options to tune it? Barrel, trigger, grips etc?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Apuesto,

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apuesto:
I am thinking of getting the target model.

If I like the gun, are there some options to tune it? Barrel, trigger, grips etc?

For target shooting, P210 target is ideal. Customization options are limited, but SigArmorer can tune sights and trigger:
https://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Dawson sells sights and Hogue makes grips.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The standing world record is 30 consecutive rounds inside a 2" cirlce and 30 consecutive rounds rapid fire in 5 shot strings inside a 4" circle, shot at 25m off hand (one hand) shot with a .32 cal Pardini. When you are shooting in this class you might experience variances in accuracy between old and new type P210´s. If not, you are well served with any P210 of your liking.

Shooting reality is about skills. You can go with the best tuned P210 to a 25m competition and will experience that the dude to the left hand side is going to outperform you with his service grade P220. It happens a lot of time.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post