SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G19x arrived. My fave
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G19x arrived. My fave Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I kinda want one too. It balances so well in hand. But I think a black one would also be my preferred finish...with a MOS slide.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg:
Looks ok, but I'm still resisting.

Sure you are meanwhile keep posting in Glock threads. Resistance is futile.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$595 at PSA with free shipping, expires Apr 5 at 12PM.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...content=5%3a00+Email

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a Glock guy. The one I still own hasn't been fired in years. But after playing with and firing the 19X last week I might have to get one. If it comes out in black, I'm sure to pick one up.

Posts: 216 | Registered: January 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased one myself. Very nice pistol, feels great. I really like the finish they used on the slide. I just placed an order for 19x mags at GT Distributers.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one for 609.00 out the door yesterday afternoon. Havnt shot it yet but I’ll hopefully get on that within the week.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Held a 19X today in the store...it felt really nice....

When is the black version coming out???

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
This fall I think for the black 19X

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
This fall I think for the black 19X

Very cool. Thanks.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Regarding the G19X: There are others who are saying that the black version may not happen anytime soon. So I'm thinking that dyeing one of the dirty brown ones may be good enough for me instead of waiting on Glock to Do The Right Thing (black). I don't mind the color of the 'desert sand' or whatever it's called slide all that much. Playing Frankenglock with the regular Gen5 G19 at work, the two-tone on a black frame looks pretty good to me. The dye work seems like an easy enough job to have it looking pretty good, as long as one doesn't get impatient and not allow the dye to penetrate deep enough.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
What about a standard 19 with a plus 2 magazine? Same thing?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7938 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Ive heard rumors that the black G19X wont use the same frame, and will just use the regular gen 5 17 frame, which sucks, as the baby shit brown G19X has an awesome grip with no finger cutout in the bottom.

Here is mine with the brand new to market 24 rd magazine.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
What about a standard 19 with a plus 2 magazine? Same thing?

Nope.

The G19x has a longer, G17-sized grip.

It's not just a G19 with extended floorplates.

Posts: 32476 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Ive heard rumors that the black G19X wont use the same frame, and will just use the regular gen 5 17 frame, which sucks, as the baby shit brown G19X has an awesome grip with no finger cutout in the bottom.

Hmm...yes, I prefer the feel of the 19X grip over the 17 Gen 5.

I wonder if anyone has a definitive answer, or if I'll just have to wait and see what Glock does?

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
From what I have been told, the black version will not carry the 19X roll marks. It will be called something else.

It essentially will be a 5th Gen 17 frame with a 19 slide.

Glock initially had no intentions of building a black 19X, until some large police agencies started inquiring about a black version.

IMO the 19X perfect for a duty weapon. It does everything a 17 will and some things a 17 won't, IE shorter barrel and slide, which uses a shorter holster. Folks who carry and sit will understand the advantages of a shorter holster not digging into seats.

I like the 19X so much I own three now, and two are black, cause I didn't want to wait. I remove the front tab to allow it to use any generation G17 magazines. Dyed the frames black, and had one slide Nitride, and the other in DLC. One will remain Coyote, as that is my range gun. It did have a little work done to it. Smile

Coyote before the work and first black version.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
That’s it....I’m getting one of these. I’ve been making excuses why I don’t need one, but I want one and today I sampled one with a really nice trigger, I think I’ll go back for that one.

Posts: 4520 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
so the difference is 17 frame on a 19 slide ? I'm assuming more capacity ?

someone educate me. I think maybe I need one, I have a rtf2 now and its fine but maybe I want something better.

Posts: 5577 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not exactly a 17 frame.
It's like a 17 frame with the lip at the bottom of the magazine well and the front of the frame (dustcover) cut down to 19 slide size.
It takes all Glock 17 type magazines except gen5, which will fit once you swap out the gen5 baseplate.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
First range trip with mine today. 400 rounds and no disappointments. I was honestly not very enthused when this gun came out and like others wished for a 17 slide on a 19 more than a 17 with a 19 slide. Well, I’m now a believer as it shoots and handles very, very well. I may just RMR this one over the winter.

Posts: 4520 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I must say, I own no Glocks at the moment, but if I were in the market, the FDE G19x would do it.

Posts: 3141 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post