SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Stainless Elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Stainless Elite Login/Join 
posted
I have always wanted a Sig P226 Stainless Elite. Just recently found an excellent price on a new one and after trading in a Glock 17 and MP9 Pro with some to boot will have it on the way in a few days. Looking forward to range time with it.

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Congrats, one of my absolute favorite Sigs. The rosewood grips can be a bit wide, so I changed mine out for the thinner aluminum ones. You're going to love it, happy shooting!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are great guns. Had one in 220, 226 and 229. Still have the 220, it's my favorite pistol.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they made these without the rail? Been looking to replace the 229 in 357 Sig but haven't come up with anything.

Enjoy your new all stainless pistol.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
You will really enjoy it! I have close to 3K rounds through mine and it has never missed a beat. Probably my favorite P226.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your buy. I have two SSEs, both P220s (full size and Carry); great pistols both.

A German-frame short extractor P226 SSE in 40S&W has been on my wantlist for some time. I've come across them a few times over the past recent years but sellers seem to think that they're somehow the second coming of the Mastershop X-Fives...or the next P228 in the collector's marketplace. Prices are ludicrous considering that they're used and chambered in Fo-tay, a caliber not exactly on most persons' hot list these days. There's a lightly used one on GB right now that's a bit more reasonable on asking price than what I had been seeing, but this seller is still asking for more than what I paid on my NIB P210A.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should be receiving my new stainless elite next week and want to install bumper pads on magazines - any recommendations on where to locate them?

Thanks

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cladd:
I should be receiving my new stainless elite next week and want to install bumper pads on magazines - any recommendations on where to locate them?

Thanks

Are you looking for these? http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...9njf6fjf5ggtrsosu723

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a P226 SSE .357 from a member here shortly after I joined the Forum. It has been a great gun. I have done a little bit of everything with this pistol: competition, carry, hunting, teaching, & general range time. I really want a RMR slid to go with the factory slide.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked my P226 stainless elite up tonight - it's a beautiful piece of equipment. I checked the trigger pull weight on it and found the double action to be right around 11 pounds 10 ounces. The single action averages 5 pounds 10 ounces. I'm wondering after shooting a few hundred rounds will the pull weight lighten up much? I would like to end up a little under 10 pounds double action and 4 1/2 pounds single action. Will I need to take it to a smith to achieve these pull weights?

Thanks.