SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Request for pictures of completed "voluntary upgrade" slides (P320)
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Request for pictures of completed "voluntary upgrade" slides (P320) Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
There are at least three versions of P320 slide. The original, which I believe is represented by the above photo, had longitudinal routs or "lightening cuts" milled into the slide bottom on both sides, a long one on the right, and a shorter, slightly wider one on the left.

Here's mine, but it doesn't look like the "above picture". Mine is an early 9mm full sized. A bit of grease in there, as it is between matches. Not upgraded yet.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have now seen seven different variations of lightening cuts on P320 slides of which that is one.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
There are at least three versions of P320 slide. The original, which I believe is represented by the above photo, had longitudinal routs or "lightening cuts" milled into the slide bottom on both sides, a long one on the right, and a shorter, slightly wider one on the left.

Here's mine, but it doesn't look like the "above picture". Mine is an early 9mm full sized. A bit of grease in there, as it is between matches. Not upgraded yet.

It might be that not sending it in for the "upgrade" would be the best in the long run. Of course, it is yours, and if you want to send it in then do so. I wish I had not sent mine in, but it is what it is.

TBK

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude you are off your rocker. You are now suggesting that guys don’t send in their guns for a safety upgrade because you think yours doesn’t function properly. Even though you have yet to actually answer anyone’s questions about what actually isn’t working AND you haven’t shot it because you have convinced yourself that it doesn’t work properly. Sig told you to shoot it, you refused and now you suggest others disregard this upgrade. And this all started because you couldn’t take it apart to begin with. WTF are you thinking?

That is horrible advice.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Dude you are off your rocker. You are now suggesting that guys don’t send in their guns for a safety upgrade because you think yours doesn’t function properly. Even though you have yet to actually answer anyone’s questions about what actually isn’t working AND you haven’t shot it because you have convinced yourself that it doesn’t work properly. Sig told you to shoot it, you refused and now you suggest others disregard this upgrade. And this all started because you couldn’t take it apart to begin with. WTF are you thinking?

That is horrible advice.

Thanks for expressing your opinion.

TBK

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem.

In all seriousness, you have started multiple threads about your returned gun. The first one was solved easily. Can we assume that you don’t have any more issues with disassembly?

This thread you have stated many times it doesn’t function properly. Many people have asked you in what way. You have yet to substantiate any actual issue other than your perception that it is busted.

You owe me nothing, no explanation, no further details. But I’m not the one who started a thread asking for help and then providing no responses to reasonable questions.

Pete

Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by turtlebaykid:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
By the way, you keep saying it doesn’t function properly. You haven’t fired it so are you saying that when you rack the slide while dry firing that the sear doesn’t reset? What exactly isn’t working? I am trying not to be snarky, failing perhaps, but the non stop parade of founded and un founded complaining is getting old.

Rave on. Sig Sauer and Grayguns both seem to agree with me. The gun is on it's way back to Sig Sauer as I write this. I fully expect a slide that will reset the sear "properly".

TBK

Where did SIG and Grayguns say that it's a problem? It's not in this thread.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And just to add to that, Sig sending a label doesn’t mean they agree with your assessment. It just means they sent you a label. The first thing they said was shoot the gun. But....

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The bickering in this thread has ceased, gentlemen. If you want to argue, take it to email.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
At least , there has been some good information presented here on the different slides that SIG has produced for the P320, and that was the purpose of starting this thread. Thanks to all who participated.

TBK

Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I'm still interested in where GrayGuns and SIG said that there was a problem with your gun? Confirmation of that would be helpful to others with the same style slide as yours.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by turtlebaykid:
At least , there has been some good information presented here on the different slides that SIG has produced for the P320, and that was the purpose of starting this thread. Thanks to all who participated.

TBK

Don’t end the thread. My P320 is just like yours but I haven’t had time to drop it off at Fedex yet. I’d be very interested to hear what Sig has to say once they take a look at it. I’ve got a feeling that those of us with the long lightening cuts are getting the short end of the stick and Sig isn’t going to publicly admit there is an issue with those guns. I must admit that’s pure speculation on my part though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P6shooter:
I'm still interested in where GrayGuns and SIG said that there was a problem with your gun? Confirmation of that would be helpful to others with the same style slide as yours.

The only thing I can tell you is that I have a private Email from GrayGuns, that says that the slide is the problem, that it should be replaced, and that SIG will hopefully install a new one.

As far as SIG goes, I asked for a new slide and they said the custom shop would inspect it. To me, that is acknowledgement that they realize there is a problem and will probably replace it.

SIG will have the gun in their hands tomorrow, so I should hear back from them soon.

TBK

posted Hide Post
One more of mine came home this week for a total of 3 upgraded slides so far. It looks like that fullsize above. Mine was also an earlier fullsize with the lightening cut. Side by side with the non lightening cut version the only difference is that the disconnector clearly engages and disengages later and earlier, if that makes sense, in the slide cycle. During firing you note no change whatsoever. During dry fire you can tell because it takes that additional inch and a half of slide retraction to reset. In real life I can't imagine this means anything, in dry fire it is a bit more of a pain compared to the non lightened version.

Functions fine though. The disconnector has more of an abrupt step comparatively speaking but only time will tell if that is a real issue or a made up issue for part longevity.

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Shipped 3 out on 11/6, received the first back today(.40 compact) and #2 shows delivery for Friday. Over all feels good and despite the dainty appearance the new trigger seems plenty sturdy. No live fire but break measures 4.5-5lbs on the Lyman and reset is as good as I remember. This one didn’t have the lightening cut in the disconnector path but hey did remove the Nitron presumably to avoid undue wear on the disconnector.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Got my .45 full size back today. Can take a pic later but i just have a small divot milled. Looks like a clean job. The trigger feels a lot different, i think i like it but need to fire live rounds to be sure. The creep is gone, minimal overtravel, and a less mushy break than stock. The clicking noise is gone dryfiring and i noticed the slide fought me a bit when re-assembling but that was easily remedied with brute force. Hoping to shoot tomorrow

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
Got my .45 full size back today. Can take a pic later but i just have a small divot milled. Looks like a clean job. The trigger feels a lot different, i think i like it but need to fire live rounds to be sure. The creep is gone, minimal overtravel, and a less mushy break than stock. The clicking noise is gone dryfiring and i noticed the slide fought me a bit when re-assembling but that was easily remedied with brute force. Hoping to shoot tomorrow

Ditto here, got my full size 45 back today as well, just in time to head to the range and put about 50 rounds thru it. Same internal machining as noted above, only noticed slight resistance when installing slide back onto grip module, but no issue.

Trigger pull was perceived to be lighter and more crisp. It shot very well, an improvement over the original feel. Crisp and minimal travel to reset. Double-click is gone.

I had sent my 9mm RX FS in at the same time, but no word on when that one will be returned.

My 3rd P320 is the first one I got, it is an early version in FS, same long cut on the slide as shown in a previous post. I have a GG curved trigger upgrade in this one.

Based on reports of longer travel to reset after the upgrade, due to the OEM cut in the slide, I will likely not send that one in. This is the pistol I have used for two Ops Spec training sessions this summer, and I use it for dry-fire practice with Snap Caps. I like that it takes minimal slide travel to reset when doing dry-fire, long before the Snap Cap is ejected. Good arrangement for dry-fire drills. I don't want to lose that feature, so don't plan to send it in, unless I later decide to sell, then I will upgrade before selling.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Report This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
My 45C arrived as scheduled yesterday. Same disconnector pocket and travel path with the nitron removed, there was no lightening cut in this slide either. The nitron removal does look a bit sloppy on this one though.

Now if Sig would start crapping out these mysterious 45C medium frames I’d be in 320 45 bliss!

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a FS 9mm with the lighting cuts. I did have a few failure to extract early on but it seemed to work itself out (break in?) I am concerned about the upgrade. I saw another post where a similar slide was replaced when it was sent in for the upgrade, but apparently they aren't doing that anymore. I'm debating if I should put my original sights back on before I send it in, in case the slide is replaced.

DPR