SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 Reviews are out
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Reviews are out Login/Join 
posted
I only glanced at the 25 yard 5 shot sand bagged accuracy test results and with the exception of one sub inch result, none were what you'd expect for an X gun.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'll wait for real end users, like many of us, with real reviews.
Those of us who actually have to pay for the guns. Wink

Kyle Lamb reviewing the V-TAC? Hardly objective.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been a subscribe to G&A since I was in high school. I picked up that issue because I wanted a review of the X guns. What a friggin joke G&A has become. You can subscribe and get the magazine delivered for 87 cents an issue. After reading through this issue I wouldn't take that mag for a nickel.

12131 makes the obvious and best point. Kyle Lamb reviewing the gun that he "designed". It was an embarrassing review even then, he fawned over his own inputs and if he used adjectives that would have been more appropriate in my 16 year old daughters twitter feed.

If I was him I would have refused to put my name to that article, it was that hokey and silly.

Not a review and I don't even believe their numbers anymore. If you told me that they took an old shell casing and punched out the targets in the office and made up the "accuracy" numbers out of thin air I wouldn't be shocked.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Wow, tough crowd.

Kyle is an honorable guy. Sorry to see that so many are so cynical. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kyle is an honorable guy.

I have no issue with Kyle but seriously how about getting a 3rd party objective view?

That being said I'm very curious about the 320 X Carry.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:
Kyle is an honorable guy.

I have no issue with Kyle but seriously how about getting a 3rd party objective view?

Yup, no one is questioning him being "honorable". But, to have any credibility at all at being objective, let someone else do the review.

It's like reading the Ford guy's review of the latest Mustang. Might as well be a commercial. Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't appear Lamb is reviewing the V-TAC, but describing how it came about. In fact G&A even describes the articles as 'First Look'! Whether or not you care for G&A, it shouldn't be critiqued based on criteria that, at least in this case, it doesn't claim to try to meet.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, first look vs review. Pretty thin distinction there fellas. Not to mention he might be the best guy ever but if you read the article you will probably walk away thinking this guy has a sixth grade education, tops. The editors of G&A didn't do him any favors. It is that fawning and super cool, yay, wowza kind of review. It is an embarrassing published work. It doesn't read like it came from a respected firearms training instructor.

Read it and then come back and say we are being overly harsh. lol

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Ok, first look vs review. Pretty thin distinction there fellas. Not to mention he might be the best guy ever but if you read the article you will probably walk away thinking this guy has a sixth grade education, tops. The editors of G&A didn't do him any favors. It is that fawning and super cool, yay, wowza kind of review. It is an embarrassing published work. It doesn't read like it came from a respected firearms training instructor.

Read it and then come back and say we are being overly harsh. lol

I would certainly agree with you, if it were a 'review', but it isn't, nor is it advertised as such. It is what it is, but it isn't a 'review'. It is an article by a guy interested in putting into the best light a product he had a huge part in designing, an enthusiast. Take it for what it is worth, and nothing more.

BTW.... I have read it. Bought the mag, but not a subscriber. I found it interesting from the perspective of finding out why it is configured as it is. Will probably buy one, but my first choice would be the X-FIVE.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having shot with Kyle on numerous occasions, he'll tell you what he really thinks about something. He likes the P320 VTAC, largely because they made it the way he wanted it. There's no indication that he was trying to be objective, and anyone expecting an objective review out of G&A should contact me for business opportunities with Nigerian princes.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

I can't argue with that. G&A only exists at this point to print advertisements.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Did you ever read anything negative from Zora Duntov about the Corvette? Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Did you ever read anything negative from Zora Duntov about the Corvette? Razz

I think he said the engine should have been in the back of the car.

Not as big of a failure as Henry Ford II. Now that was a specimen dumbass!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Today I weirdly want that VTAC bad. Anyone ever use those sights?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:
Having shot with Kyle on numerous occasions, he'll tell you what he really thinks about something. He likes the P320 VTAC, largely because they made it the way he wanted it. There's no indication that he was trying to be objective, and anyone expecting an objective review out of G&A should contact me for business opportunities with Nigerian princes.

Yep.

The last time I spoke to him about this project, he was genuinely excited about it. And the excitement had zero to do with money.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Still very, very interested in that X5. Eager, even.

So far, my one qualm is that the plate for the optic mount contains the sights, so doesn't look like you have have both irons and optics.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
G and A has good pics, reviews are always sketch.
Besides, do you really read the articles in Playboy?
Smile

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I'm still excited for the vtac. Still wondering what street prices will be. IIRC it was around $900 msrp, seems a bit much....

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
The trigger is the same on all of them correct???

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
The trigger is the same on all of them correct???

Yes