SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 Reviews are out
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Reviews are out Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Played around with one today at the academy and it's sweat. Fits perfectly in my Comptac 320 holster unlike the Bladetech where it doesn't lock in. Downside is that I had to wait a week or so for the next batch.

A few others who own the 226 X5 in various editions all have dumped them for the 320 version.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Played around with one today at the academy and it's sweat. Fits perfectly in my Comptac 320 holster unlike the Bladetech where it doesn't lock in. Downside is that I had to wait a week or so for the next batch.

A few others who own the 226 X5 in various editions all have dumped them for the 320 version.

Do you know if there is the ability to put on optics other than the SIG Romeo? Their website suggests the cut is only for the Romeo...but maybe they just don't want to promote someone else's product.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now the bolt pattern is for the romeo1. Maybe other base plates will eventually be produced by someone but right now, no.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Smith and Wesson has Performance Center items. Originally, they were really high end revolvers. As the public changed moods, they offered some badass 5906s, Shorty 40s, and other really regal guns.

Now, they offer M&Ps to the line up. I don't think personally that the M&P tarnishes what was once offered. I wish the Performance Center would still offer 59xx guns. They had a 5906 that was to die for.

I don't think there has ever been a semi-custom pistol made that has been as good as the Performance Center 3rd gen guns with the exception of maybe the SIG X5.

The PC 5906 ruled IDPA and the PPC9 ruled PPC. The Mastershop X5's aren't popular in PPC maybe because of a rule change that made shooting a custom 1911 make more sense.

Let the pictures of everyone's PC 3rd gens commence

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The PC 5906 ruled IDPA and the PPC9 ruled PPC.

Really?
I know the PPC9 is a fine PPC Auto gun, a friend picked one in side by side comparison with M952.
But I don't think I have ever seen a PC 5906 in IDPA and I have shot since 1997.
I had a regular 5906 which I could not hit squat with and saw another in use. But no PC 5906 around here.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Smith and Wesson has Performance Center items. Originally, they were really high end revolvers. As the public changed moods, they offered some badass 5906s, Shorty 40s, and other really regal guns.

Now, they offer M&Ps to the line up. I don't think personally that the M&P tarnishes what was once offered. I wish the Performance Center would still offer 59xx guns. They had a 5906 that was to die for.

I don't think there has ever been a semi-custom pistol made that has been as good as the Performance Center 3rd gen guns with the exception of maybe the SIG X5.

The PC 5906 ruled IDPA and the PPC9 ruled PPC. The Mastershop X5's aren't popular in PPC maybe because of a rule change that made shooting a custom 1911 make more sense.

Let the pictures of everyone's PC 3rd gens commence

I'm not a competitive shooter but I'd wager that the CZ Shadow camp might take issue with this.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Did not read article. Is the X-5 grip module compatible with standard 320 uppers and FCU's?

I asked a similar question at SHOT. My rep disassembled the X5 model on the wall and another nearby 320. They reassembled it with standard p320 grip. So the likelihood is high.

They said there were some early meetings that some people wanted the X5 to be it's own monster, but the general consensus was that the P320 platform should interchange.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The PC 5906 ruled IDPA

I've only seen one in the last five years. While it was shoot very well, ruled is a bit strong.

Hated carrying the 5906 and earlier on duty. While vastly different, this era long past.

Here's a article with the top IDPA back in 2009. None seen.

https://idpashooting.wordpress...t-popular-idpa-guns/

Back then it was Glock and the S&W M&P. Those days are gone. New models have now taken over.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Did not read article. Is the X-5 grip module compatible with standard 320 uppers and FCU's?

I asked a similar question at SHOT. My rep disassembled the X5 model on the wall and another nearby 320. They reassembled it with standard p320 grip. So the likelihood is high.

They said there were some early meetings that some people wanted the X5 to be it's own monster, but the general consensus was that the P320 platform should interchange.

All correct.

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the objectivity question, he states pretty openly in the first sentence he worked with Sig to create what he wanted and was happy about the result so he is being honest in saying he isn't objective but an invested party who is proud of his product.

That being said, it looks like it will be a sweet shooter.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know squat about the P320 X-Five. But I do worry, from handling the regular P320, that my 1911-accustomed thumbs-forward grip rides right on the slide stop/release.

And I do know that G&A is little more than a glossy multi-manufacturer brochure with extra words....no thanks.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USPSA question; I assume that once the P320 X5's are on the approved Production list, the Gray Guns flat faced PELT triggers should be allowed on any P320. I am looking at the Carry Optic Division for my P320, milled for a Shield RMS, but I have the flat trigger from Bruce. Hoping the X5 release will mean I don't have to change back to a curved trigger in order to compete. Does this seem like a safe assumption?

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-dave:
USPSA question; I assume that once the P320 X5's are on the approved Production list, the Gray Guns flat faced PELT triggers should be allowed on any P320. I am looking at the Carry Optic Division for my P320, milled for a Shield RMS, but I have the flat trigger from Bruce. Hoping the X5 release will mean I don't have to change back to a curved trigger in order to compete. Does this seem like a safe assumption?

It's a separate model so I don't think the approval of the X5 means X5 parts are approved for use on all 320s. I may be wrong but I think you need a trigger that appears cosmetically identical to a stock 320 trigger.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to change back to the curved trigger if you want to shoot CO.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
It's a separate model so I don't think the approval of the X5 means X5 parts are approved for use on all 320s. I may be wrong but I think you need a trigger that appears cosmetically identical to a stock 320 trigger.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to change back to the curved trigger if you want to shoot CO.

Appendix D4 section 21.6:
"Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below."

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:

Appendix D4 section 21.6:
"Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below."

I had read that and my interpretation is that since the flat trigger will be offered on the P320 X5, that it could qualify under either of those provisions. As in, a). Same model P320 (interchangeable FCU, etc.) and b). Another approved gun (if they don't consider the X5 variant the same model as the P320). Is that how you are reading it?

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had read that and my interpretation is that since the flat trigger will be offered on the P320 X5, that it could qualify under either of those provisions. As in, a). Same model P320 (interchangeable FCU, etc.) and b). Another approved gun (if they don't consider the X5 variant the same model as the P320). Is that how you are reading it?

I read it as you can take any part from a SIG pistol on the NROI production approved list and put it on any other SIG pistol. The only exceptions are barrels.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I read it as you can take any part from a SIG pistol on the NROI production approved list and put it on any other SIG pistol. The only exceptions are barrels.

This is correct. The flat trigger would then be legal for use on other P320s for Production and Carry Optics.

Posts: 254 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alma:
quote:
quote:

This is correct. The flat trigger would then be legal for use on other P320s for Production and Carry Optics.

That is great news and I apologize for the misinformation.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hiya! For clarification, once the X5 P320 is on roster, the Grayguns PELT-F will be acceptable for USPSA Production, being a cosmetic analogue to the factory flat trigger. The same situation already obtains for our PELT-C, which is legal now.

I literally can't wait for mine. I finally ordered one and I'm dying to shoot it, but the public comes first.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the definitive answers.

I am trying to convince SWMBO that I "need" the X5 now. Until that happens I will enjoy playing with the two I have now, especially after the PELT upgrades. Still hoping to see a flat faced trigger for the P229 Legion from Bruce. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: md-dave,