SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I took the plunge and decided to buy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I took the plunge and decided to buy Login/Join 
posted
an MPX with the collapsible brace and the 4 1/2" barrel. I equipped it with the Sig Romeo4s sight. So far, I have shot Winchester 115 gr., I.M.I. 158 gr., Federal 115 gr. hollow point, and Remmington 115 gr. hollow point. It has run 100% with all of the different loads. The gun has very soft recoil impulse and a pleasure to shoot. My only advice to Sig would be to put in a nicer trigger. It is gritty and way to heavy. My trigger pull gage wouldn't register high enough to let me know what the pull weight was from the factory. Luckily, I had an extra hammer spring which I installed and now my trigger pull is a nice consistant 5 ish pounds. The gritty uptake is still there but not as noticeable with the better spring. Overall, I am very happy. The gun feels substantial without being heavy. I am very glad I bought it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tackelbarry,

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That’s good to hear. I have seen one in person and thought about picking it up though I have a Scorpion already. Got a pic to show?

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will try to take a few tomorrow and post them. So far, it appears to be a quality firearm.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Love mine. Probably gonna make a trigger change at some point to mine also, but it is a crazy fun shooter as is. Added a SilencerCo tri--lug and shoot it supressed. Fun stuff.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Love mine. Probably gonna make a trigger change at some point to mine also, but it is a crazy fun shooter as is. Added a SilencerCo tri--lug and shoot it supressed. Fun stuff.

I bought mine because I have the Sig SRD9 suppressor in the works. I am really looking forward to putting the two together.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

posted Hide Post
I shot another 100 rounds today and the gun is still flawless. I also shot at both 50 and 100 yards. No issues and I was able to hit the target with ease. This appears to be a great gun.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tackelbarry:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:

Brownell's has the JP Enterprise reduced hammer spring for about $10.00. It is yellow in color so you can tell it apart from the original. Push the hammer pin out, switch the spring and reinstall the hammer pin. It reduces the trigger pull to approximately 5 pounds.

I bought mine because I have the Sig SRD9 suppressor in the works. I am really looking forward to putting the two together.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com