SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New (to me) P220 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (to me) P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of Twist
posted
Today was a good day. Well mostly, we'll get to that in a minute.

I'd been watching out for a 220 10mm and found one a couple weeks back. I wasn't really actively searching but was definitely watching. I've been keeping an eye out in particular for about 6 months without much luck but then, this popped up:

An Elite 220 that I'd swear is unfired even though it was listed as Used. Hey whatever. Not only is it clean and without a blemish, it's tighter than a drum. Thing is, the day just got better from there:

Happened to find this beauty right after the 220 and got to snag them both today. Yes, I was drooling at the Shop but the guys spent more time with them there than I did until I got home, which brings me to the "mostly good part".

The EoTech I snagged for the Banshee is jacked. No harm really as I'm booked this weekend and can't get to the range so it's being sent back and changed out for an AimPoint Micro T2 which should be here in a few days so next weekend should be fun.

Good thing I already had a higher end dinner planned with the wife tomorrow evening or I'd likely be sleeping in the garage. For a while!

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

If the dinner doesn't work out, you can reload your brass in the garage too. Wink

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I've also picked up 2 P220 10mm and an MK10 in the past few months.

Enjoy it, been looking for 10mm ammo lately with no luck.

God a couple thousand in reserve and wont be shooting for another year so no worries there.

Mags, mags, mags.

22 P220 and 15 Banshee mags so far

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Nice!

If the dinner doesn't work out, you can reload your brass in the garage too. Wink

I’m definitely banking on the crab cakes and steaks being on point tomorrow. They usually are. If not, I might be sleeping in the garage too.

Otto, keep an eye on the independent sites that show current listings and refresh throughout the day. I’ve found some 10 at decent prices as of late, comparatively speaking of course, and that’s why I pulled the trigger on the Banshee as well as the 220.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, both great pistols, in a great caliber.

Check the setscrew on the rear sight on the P220 to make sure it stays tight, they have been known to come loose on this pistol. A little blue loctite will help.

I am on the same path as you regarding both of these. About 1-1/2 years ago my small and local FFL, who knows that I am into Sigs, had a guy come in who had a P220 10mm SA and wanted to trade-out for a Glock. He offered it to me for a great price, I didn't look back.

In late Dec. I ordered the Banshee 10mmm, hope it shows up in 4 months or so, really looking forward to this one.

My order for 1000 180 gr .40 FMJs projectiles arrived yesterday from RMR. In December I picked up some AA #9 powder, so will be reloading for these.

Enjoy, let us know how the range trip goes.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the heads up on the set screw, Merc. I’ll definitely keep an eye on it. And will do on that range review for the Banshee. The AimPoint should be here tomorrow so she’ll be set up and ready to go.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Congrats on your find. I've had my P220 Elite SAO 10mm Nitron model for some time now, a couple (maybe 3) years. It is a great shooter with full power Underwood loads, as well as some lighter powered handloads for when I used it in competition. I never expected to "win big" with it in competition, but it provided valuable experience in handling the gun and drawing from my Andrews Leather holster with a thumb break. The leather holster is my carry holster, and I also have a Blade-Tech kydex holster for it. It is freakingly accurate. In one IDPA competition, a target at 20 yards required 6 head shots. 5 of my 6 were in the -0 circle in the IDPA target's head. The sixth was in the -1 area.

I've made two mods to make it more comfortable for me to shoot. I replaced the front sight with the front from a set of SIG X-Ray3 sights. And I found the stock grips too aggressive, so they were replaced by Hogue's G10 checkered grips.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
 And I found the stock grips too aggressive, so they were replaced by Hogue's G10 checkered grips.

After a quick range trip, I definitely agree with this. The factory grips aren’t terrible by any means but I can see where they wouldn’t be comfortable for extended use. Good call Henry and I very much appreciate the suggestion.

Merc, with regards to the Banshee, Ho Li chit. This thing is so much fun to shoot, it’s almost scary. I have a decent amount of 10mm ammo but I’m definitely going to need more as my 17 year old daughter and 12 year old son both put a few through it and they’re hooked. I personally love it but think they both like it even more. I may possibly need to keep my eye out for a 2nd one to make sure I don’t end up without one w it hen going for hogs on the family property.

Semi related, the AimPoint Micro T2. Yes, hell yes. I returned the EoTech XPS 3 I bought and dropped a little on top for the AimPoint, best decision ever. I did nothing to the AimPoint except mount it onto the Banshee and it was pretty much dead on at 25 yards. It was an inch or so high at 50 but most shots with that one will be 25 yards or in so I can compensate at a slightly farther distance.

I’m absolutely in love with both and they will definitely get usage soon. I’ll likely still carry my Glock 20 as a side when out at the property as I care far less if something happens to it, plus the Banshee takes Glock mags so it lightens what I have to carry around. The way that 220 shoots though. Wow.