SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sent my P220 DAK back to SIG for a DA/SA conversion....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sent my P220 DAK back to SIG for a DA/SA conversion.... Login/Join 
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted
it is finished, but my fedex guy is special needs. So I get an email yesterday that my P220 came back to SIG after a failed attempt to deliver to me. Well, that is weird because there was never a FedEx door tag and SIG never sent me a tracking number. So that is what I informed Sig customer service. I also asked for the failed tracking number so that i could discuss the issue with fedex. I get a reply from SIG customer service today, telling me again that I need to take the issue up with fedex (but they still did not provide me a tracking number) or they can ship it to my FFL and retransfer it to me. Which is fine. But I pointed out to them if my FFL is not available for delivery, and since fedex doesnt leave door tags it may get sent back again. And without tracking when they ship it there is no way either my FFL, or myself can sit at home day after day hoping to get a package that we dont know is coming or not. Maybe I am too annoyed by this, but SIG customer service seemed to not want to take any responsibility for their error of not letting me know a package was on the way. I did talk to fedex, but without tracking there isnt much they can do, so I am sure I will have to wait at least another day before I can talk to them about this specific issue. Because fedex policy is to leave a door tag. I am frustrated with both parties right now, and irritated that I have to problem solve for them despite me already paying for the service. I ended up telling the SIG customer service person that since it is not possible for them to send me a tracking number when they ship it to me, and since fedex wont leave a door tag, to wait to ship it until i go on vacation. and then i will just wait until i get a knock on the door. i should have just ordered parts from top gun and had the conversion done locally i guess.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
SIG always sends email with tracking #, when shipping stuff back. Even if they somehow screwed up and forgot to send you the email, they have the record in the system. You should ask to speak to their CS supervisor.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
If they did send it, I dont know why I didnt get it. As far as I know I havent had a problem receiving any of their other emails. I would love to know when they tried to deliver it. Looking through some of my old emails it appears they put them in all caps instead of case sensitive. So I wonder if that may be why I didnt get a tracking email.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clem Eastwood:
I should have just ordered parts from top gun and had the conversion done locally I guess.

You should have ordered the parts from TGS and done it yourself.
I've done several conversions, DA/SA to DAK, DAK to DA/SA, DAO to DA/SA.
With all the youtube video instructions, there isn't much to it.
As well as getting to know the internals of your pistol.
The hardest part of a TOTAL Sig disassembly, is the slide IMHO, and you wouldn't have had to do that.

Sig needs to give you a tracking #.
Not sure if you've called or emailed them, but a stern phone call to CS seems to be in order..

I hope it all works out for you, good luck...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
I should have just ordered parts from top gun and had the conversion done locally I guess.

You should have ordered the parts from TGS and done it yourself.
I've done several conversions, DA/SA to DAK, DAK to DA/SA, DAO to DA/SA.
With all the youtube video instructions, there isn't much to it.
As well as getting to know the internals of your pistol.
The hardest part of a TOTAL Sig disassembly, is the slide IMHO, and you wouldn't have had to do that.

Sig needs to give you a tracking #.
Not sure if you've called or emailed them, but a stern phone call to CS seems to be in order..

I hope it all works out for you, good luck...

I agree with 1lowlife. Sig CS should be able to give you a tracking number. I think you should call them back and escalate the matter. I would want to know why FedEx didn't leave a tag that they attempted delivery.

They don't just make one attempt. They make at least three. Are you saying that the FedEx delivery driver made three attempts but never left a tag?

I also don't understand why Sig CS didn't send you an e-mail notifying you that your pistol was being shipped back to you. I get all sorts of e-mails when something is shipped to me. Hell I got an e-mail from FedEX saying someone shipped me a package, another saying the package was due the next day, then another saying that the package was due that day and then another notifying me that the package was delivered. And this package didn't require a signature.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they did send it, I dont know why I didnt get it.

Are you using one of the "freemail" providers, such as Gmail? Have you checked your "spam" or "junk" folder(s)?

I do contract work for a buddy that operates his own business. He recently asked me what was happening to "such-and-such email?" I checked the mail logs on the server I maintain for him. The emails in question were being delivered to his Gmail account. "Hmmm..." "Have you checked your spam/junk folder?" I asked him. Sure enough: That's where they were.

Didn't used to happen. Now it does.

(This is but one of the many reasons I use my own mailserver.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to have one of my 229s converted as well.

Hope you get your gun back. I hate Fed Ex with a passion. They are all like local owners, unlike UPS.

Wonder if I could do the switch myself?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they will resolve it for you soon. Nothing like getting your hopes up only to have the shipper delay things. I have been contemplating getting a DAK model myself and doing the conversion, as I have found a couple good deals for a DAK pistol. Good luck and keep us posted.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
FWIW, Sig did the same thing to me when I sent my P320 in for the " voluntary upgrade." I was told I would get an e-mailed with tracking # when it shipped back, but I never did, and I even checked my spam folder religiously during the time that they had the gun. I know they had my correct email address, because I coresponded with them via e-mailed for some other followup information.

Thankfully, I work nights and happened to be home when the FedEx truck showed up. Otherwise it would have been a huge PITA, as our "local" FedEx shipping hub is an hour and a half away.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
Well, I still dont have the first tracking number, but I did get a second. It was going to be here today. But for some reason the shipment is being sent back to SIG. Fedex is saying Sig called it back. So i do not know what the hell is going on. I have been tracking it here at home all day and just got off the phone with fedex after i noticed it said at first the address was incorrect, which it was not true. I have been here all day and no one that works here as even seen fedex. The driver just didnt want to deliver appearantly so he sent it back as a bad address. Maybe I should inform ATF what fedex is doing....hmmm. Now they are saying sig wants it sent back. So I am on hold with SIG. What a gigantic mess.

So I just got off the phone with SIG CS. They are bringing it back to NH, it is in TX right now. This is the second time it has been shipped to me. They are going to ship it back a 3rd time. This shit is amazing. I wonder how long until it gets lost in all the mess. So I took the day off for nothing. Amazing.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
...hmmm. Now they are saying sig wants it sent back. So I am on hold with SIG. What a gigantic mess.

So I just got off the phone with SIG CS. They are bringing it back to NH, ...

Did Sig CS say why they were pulling it back?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
Because we thought the fed ex driver was just not trying to deliver. But I just talked to Fedex again. SIG keeps sending it to my old address (which they told me they changed when I sent the gun in) despite them repeating my current address to me. OMG. This is a stupid problem. I will never send anything to these guys again.

Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
Just talked to a guy at fedex who is down at the hub. He has my SIG at his desk. Since I have my license they will let me sign for it and pick it up now. Im headed out.

Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
I had some proof of my old address, so I was able to get it back. The guy at the FedEx hub is a gun guy and said SIG is notorious for doing stuff like this. At least it is a happy ending. The decocker feels a little different than my older stuff, but it looks great. I am going to shoot it this weekend.

posted Hide Post
Wow, you or they just scared me right out of sending mine in to get that done.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Wow, you or they just scared me right out of sending mine in to get that done.

TBH: I still like the DAK trigger for an SD pistol. I would never dream of having my 1st Gen. P239 SAS converted--even if they could/would.

In fact it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility I'd acquire another DAK Sig. When one of my best friends wanted an intro into SD pistols I educated him on the various actions and trigger types available. He really liked the sound of the DAK trigger, too. I didn't think my snappy "small" .40 S&W would be the best of introductions. The only thing the local rental place had in DAK was a P220 DAK, so we rented that. Boy, was that ever a sweet shooter. I was way out of practice and I still shot decently.

He liked it, too. So much that, when it came time to buy, he went with a 1st Gen. P229 SAS - the big brother to my P239 SAS. (I think, later on, he transitioned to a P250?)

But this is concerning. I've been trying to talk myself into sending my P320 in for the recommended "enhancement." Sig apparently struggling with getting a shipping address right ain't encouragin' me in that direction Frown

Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
I just never warmed to the DAK, or the HK LEM. The only reason I like the Glock trigger is because the you can feel when you are on the 'sear', and the short reset. I bought the p220 for my wife many years ago. She found a pistol she liked better so i got the p220 back. Good news is, I shot the p220 yesterday and it shoots great. I am much more accurate with DA/SA. So other than having them put my correct current address in 3 times, and ship it to an address i havent lived at for 12 years...twice, it has been great. Love this one as much as the German P220 I had many years ago that I should have never gotten rid of.

Picture of Frogwalking
posted Hide Post
I have a P220 DAK .45 I bought used. It has a very long, but light trigger. I can virtually shoot it single action by feeling a slight catch just before the hammer falls. For true double action I have to intentionally pull it through quickly. This gun has been 100% reliable in the several hundred times fired so far. I replaced the old night sights with new, as the old ones were very dim. Bought a no.8 front so it now shoots to POI instead of low. Mine is the carry model. I like the DAK as there is nothing to do but pull the trigger. Dropping the slide is also simple. ….nothing to decock. ….simple quick and safe.

Posts: 9 | Location: Smoky Mountains | Registered: December 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post