SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **Update pg 2**Ever by something for your gun that’s impractical and pointless just cause it looks cool?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Update pg 2**Ever by something for your gun that’s impractical and pointless just cause it looks cool? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
this thread is haunting me , this is the 4th time that I have read it.

Smile
My second time back. Not quite the quivers yet, but as confession I'm certain there have been a couple of muzzle devices that have passed through my hands that would probably give a reasonable individual pause. Even I ended not using them after sensible thought returned.

My setup on my MSAR was tacticool to a painful extreme, but I've since gone through therapy over than one. However I haven't been cured enough to stop wanting a Super Mario Bullet Bill engraved on a future AR build. Wink

Sorry about the size; not my pic. But its scale about sums up my obsession. Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
That was money that could have gone to ammo or range time.

So is the $100 wagyu tomahawk steak just had. I don’t regret either Wink

I think I will go buy a pistol bayonet now. Smile

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
That was money that could have gone to ammo or range time.

So is the $100 wagyu tomahawk steak just had. I don’t regret either Wink

I think I will go buy a pistol bayonet now. Smile

Now you’re talkin! You never know when it will just be you and your pistol storming a WWIesque trench!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
shootee shootee
stabby stabby

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
OK. I spent $12.99 on some 9mm ammo yesterday and I shoot on public land for free. I think I can justify spending $25.59 on this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Firef...p2060353.m1438.l2649

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
At the local gun show last week, I saw a gizmo similar to the one the OP showed. This one was designed to mount an RMR type sight on. It seemed impractical but practical at the same time.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
If its cool, and makes you lovingly stroke your firearm late at night, then its worth it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
thats actually a pretty cool add on and practical in the sense you can beat meat or chest press a perp...

Soggy, that's a big fuggin boolit, do you carry the USS Missouri to fire it? LOL

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Actually, no. One of my biggest pet peaves major psychotic hatreds is people putting pointless aftermarket junk on a perfectly good gun. Especially the guys who have more than $200 invested in aftermarket parts for Glocks which seems to be all the fashion these days.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
...the guys who have more than $200 invested in aftermarket parts for Glocks which seems to be all the fashion these days.

Yup, Thats me! Cost just over $200 to convert them to .38 Super, The first one with the Burris topped out at just over $350. I have two of 'em now. Big Grin

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Actually, no. One of my biggest pet peaves major psychotic hatreds is people putting pointless aftermarket junk on a perfectly good gun. Especially the guys who have more than $200 invested in aftermarket parts for Glocks which seems to be all the fashion these days.

What do you care?

What's it to you?

Make me wanna zev up my Glawk, boy...

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post