SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **Update pg 2**Ever by something for your gun that’s impractical and pointless just cause it looks cool?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Update pg 2**Ever by something for your gun that’s impractical and pointless just cause it looks cool? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I put a laser on a Gen 2 Glock back in 1990. Thing was as big as a toaster!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Um...not that cool, Dusty. No bayonet lug; disappointing. Although the meat tenderizer front face scores a few gold stars. Smile

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a drop in quad rail on a AR9 once....

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm almost ashamed to say: I kind if like that thing.

Weird.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umm, a Micro Roni. It’s embarrassing how fun it is. I feel like I should ninja up every time I pull it out of the safe.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this thread is haunting me , this is the 4th time that I have read it.

for a couple of years now I have thought that the correct weapons mounted light would serve the exact same purpose AND! provide a source of light.

Since this thread appeared I have been in a very low light situation ,only twice.

I just don't go out much at all after dark.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Army W3, functional and pretty. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added a Vented Rib made by Poly Choke to a Ruger 6" Security Six. It's been on there for decades and looks like the day I put it on. If I ever take it off I don't know what it will entail getting that black stuff they included with the rib to mount it off. It must be some powerful stuff to still be holding it after all these years. I like it and it gave me a better sight picture so I guess it wasn't impractical or pointless by any means.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
this thread is haunting me , this is the 4th time that I have read it.

for a couple of years now I have thought that the correct weapons mounted light would serve the exact same purpose AND! provide a source of light.

Since this thread appeared I have been in a very low light situation ,only twice.

I just don't go out much at all after dark.

In all honesty is they were really marketing these for LEO they should have added a rail to also add a light.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sigfruend, what is that?

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
sigfruend, what is that?

My Army rank insignia when I retired: chief warrant officer 3. It’s cryptic enough that only a few people would recognize it, and therefore I didn’t feel embarrassed by putting it on a rifle. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Army W3, functional and pretty. Wink

Custom Gun Rails

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun Stand off device; years ago while undergoing some training with a trainer that specialized in training Special Forces (well known at the time), We went through one and a half days of techniques that this device is intended for.

We wore heavy helmets with thick face shields and practiced using the pistol as a striking tool. I remember this well as I came away having my bell rung multiple times. It was a very effective technique for times when less than lethal force was needed.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No..........that is if my wife ever sees this.....

Posts: 274 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Ok, I confess. I did once-
(But in defense it always makes anyone who sees it think of Milla Jovovich)...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
now I am wondering if I might be more likely to be within arms length of a bad guy if caught totally unaware and off guard.

in which case this gizmo would be very handy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So I finally shot the gun when the stand off device installed and it shot great. No failures and it really reduces muzzle rise since it’s basically acts like a barrel weight.

Rapid fire at 10 yards

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice sigfruend. Good shooting dusty.

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
That was money that could have gone to ammo or range time.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
That was money that could have gone to ammo or range time.

So is the $100 wagyu tomahawk steak just had. I don’t regret either Wink