SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Boberg XR9??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boberg XR9?? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Tell that to John Browning and Hiram Maxim. Wink

I always want to learn new things. So tell me which handguns they designed, that were successful , that used backwards magazine feeding?

Oh, I didn't know you only meant handguns as that wasn't in your original post and you only added it here. But then you missed the pretty obvious reason for the Boberg design too, so how am I to know what you get and don't.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
I’m seriously considering the Bond Bullpup. Love unique weapons and by all accounts it is a very very nice weapon. Colt - have followed Boberg since beginning and glad to hear the tail end worked out so well.
Gordon Bond did two things when he took over the firearm.

First he optimized machining operations to be able to reduce the price with out the quality suffering. It is still an expensive firearm to prodcue

Second he had the barrel and locking piece coated in Titanium Nitride. This is the spot where Boberg owners are supposed to put the little dab of Never-Seize.

With the Bond Arms version there is no reason to get all dirty using the Never-Seize.

More interesting information. Thank you again.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Have my FFL seeing if he can find one or if we need to order. Curious - did not realize I'd signed up on the Boberg site/list over Six years ago. Just found the invite from Sept. 5th 2012 to purchase an XR9-S. Getting older fast.

These are apparently still very scarce despite the price.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have my FFL seeing if he can find one or if we need to order. Curious - did not realize I'd signed up on the Boberg site/list over Six years ago. Just found the invite from Sept. 5th 2012 to purchase an XR9-S. Getting older fast.

If you pick one up, I would appreciate a range report.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two of the gun magazines I get in the mail (magazines for reading, not for loading) have full page ads every month for the Bond bullpup pistol .

The ads have a phone number. Call that number and a nice young man will tell you that you cannot buy a Bond bullpup anywhere at the moment.

Perhaps they cost so much because Bond management is pizzing away too much pointless advertisement money...

We Don't Rent Pigs

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
I have one of Arne’s first before his patents issued. I do not carry it, but cleaned and lubed it is reliable with selected ammunition. Ammunition should be crimped.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just got the call from my dealer, will have one in tomorrow for me to go pickup. Range report will follow shortly thereafter.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just got the call from my dealer, will have one in tomorrow for me to go pickup. Range report will follow shortly thereafter.

Very cool! Looking forward to the report.