SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 17L price
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 17L price Login/Join 
posted
What's the current value on the 17L, my local dealer has one in stock and it's marked $599 which I thought was kinda low compared to what I've seen them sell for used by individuals on different forum's, the gun in the shop is a Gen 3 Glock which is fine with me but I didn't know if they were even making the 17L with the Gen 4 frame.

Also those of you who have them how do you like it compared to a 34.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 2055 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
looks like glock doesn't make a gen 4 17L, the big difference is the 34 has a 7.55" OAL and the 17L is over 8"

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
My 17L was $585 the 34 was $600 The 34 is a gen 4 and I don't think the 17L comes in gen 4 yet as FenderBender said.

I prefer the 34 also. It just moves and points easier IMO. (and I like the Gen 4 frame much more)

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
If it's in good shape, buy it. Glock fanboys worship those things. I've always wanted one myself just because they look so weird.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fair price.

I shopped these a few weeks ago. The 17L was closer to what I was looking for because the slide doesn't have the port hole machined into slide leaving the barrel exposed. After thinking about the difference between the 17L and the 34, I decided to get a 40 MOS instead.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
Every Glock 17L I've ever seen has the slide cuts, just like the 34.

Did Glock ever make them without it?

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WesleyDelArma
posted Hide Post
I have two 17Ls. I bought one several years ago and it became my "do everything" gun. I bought a 2nd in case anything ever happened to it.

To me it balances and moves perfectly. When I see the "If you could only have 1 pistol....." threads it's the pistol I think of.

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
^^^
Every Glock 17L I've ever seen has the slide cuts, just like the 34.

Did Glock ever make them without it?

I think the very early ones didn't have this or I was looking at a custom 17L slide (it was on a Gen2 frame) at the time. The Lone Wolf slides have this opening and the web search reveals all of the featured 17L Glocks do also. Perhaps the 10mm has enough recoil to cycle a solid slide and the others don't? I could be wrong.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post