SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210A Target Problems Resolved
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210A Target Problems Resolved Login/Join 
posted
I discussed my issues with my new P210A on this forum so wanted to share the happy ending. I was having about a 15-20% failure rate of several kinds. Got the gun back from Sig after several weeks, their explanation was the slide catch lever spring was missing. Went to the range today and put 100 rounds of 115 gr. and 147 gr. through it with no problems. It also shoots much more accurately now.

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul7:
I discussed my issues with my new P210A on this forum so wanted to share the happy ending. I was having about a 15-20% failure rate of several kinds. Got the gun back from Sig after several weeks, their explanation was the slide catch lever spring was missing. Went to the range today and put 100 rounds of 115 gr. and 147 gr. through it with no problems. It also shoots much more accurately now.
glad they resolved the issue. You must’ve had one that got assembled late on a Friday.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nice. You should have been able to diagnose this as the release lever would seem collapsed. No return to the locking knotch. Some times you have to watch the parts function together. See what might be out of sinc. Glad you got it resolved.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Somebody here, or on another forum, reported the same issue with his new 210 Legend. His new gun was also delivered without the slide stop spring. I bought a Legend 210 a few years ago, and almost immediately had the spring drop out when I field stripped the gun. I can see how it could happen at the factory during final assembly. I'm real careful about it now. It's easy to lose that spring since it's not secured in the frame of the German and American guns as it was in the Swiss 210s. Glad to hear the issue was easily resolved.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I remember that thread. You were pretty hard on the P210. I'm glad you finally got it fixed.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I remember that thread. You were pretty hard on the P210. I'm glad you finally got it fixed.

It was pretty bad, the worst new pistol I've ever had, but turned out to be an easy fix. Definitely a keeper, I've read of some who have both who say it shoots as good better than the European P210s.

posted Hide Post
If anyone wants some more info on the 210 this magazine has a nice article on it. The guy loved it.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad u got it resolved. I also noticed that spring is in a very precarious position, very careful when taking down...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great information, thanks! I have a new P210 on order from my dealer and am really looking forward to it.

Posts: 216 | Registered: January 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
It also shoots much more accurately now

What do you think makes it much more accurate now. Surely it has nothing to do with the missing slide catch lever spring.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It shoots more accurately because your confidence has been restored, correct?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Or, because the frustration is gone. Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Nothing to do with it, the first 15 or so rounds when I first got it were fine with no problems, so there was no confidence problem. Before it went back to Sig I'd have two one-hole shots and then a flyer several inches off. That didn't happen yesterday.

posted Hide Post
Just wondering if you took it apart and cleaned it before going to the range. It's possible you misplaced the spring or if it wasn't there from the beginning you would have caught it then.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Just wondering if you took it apart and cleaned it before going to the range. It's possible you misplaced the spring or if it wasn't there from the beginning you would have caught it then.

No, i didn't take it apart beforehand, it came with quite a bit of oil and I added some to the rails.

posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post