SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help talk me into or out of a Springfield LBO.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help talk me into or out of a Springfield LBO. Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted
My lgs has a Springfield LBO that I have been eyeing. I know that it's not the same as the Long Beach contract gun. I looked it over and it has a nice slide to frame fit. The slide is numbered to the frame. It would be a range toy. There is limited info out there on these, anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks in advance.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Did you run across this little gem on Saturday at CGC? Wink

Looks like a loaded and a TRP had a baby. I imagine it's a great shooter.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they have had it for a few weeks and I keep eyeballing it.

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
Yeah, they have had it for a few weeks and I keep eyeballing it.

That means you should buy it....!!!!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this one of the over run guns from a couple years ago or the new catalog gun they were calling the Loaded Black Operator or some such. Basically an all black MC Operator with a magwell and G10 grips, no?
Either way, I like Springfield stuff. Good guns for reasonable prices.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Heritage on Post Rd had what I believe was a used milspec, priced at like $475 or something.

It was a good thing they did, because they didn't have a damn thing else in that store.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Is this one of the over run guns from a couple years ago or the new catalog gun they were calling the Loaded Black Operator or some such. Basically an all black MC Operator with a magwell and G10 grips, no?
Either way, I like Springfield stuff. Good guns for reasonable prices.

I believe it is a new production gun. I was able to field strip it and the slide is numbered to the frame like the old guns are. So, I guess there is some amount of fitting. I'm not sure if the new production ones are the same. I didn't look at the product code on the box.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The only thing I would say is that depending on price you might be happier with the Lipseys run of Springfield Operators which have checkered front straps and Tool steel intervals not MIM.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SA has a 10mm coming down the tracks.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Springfield has some nice special edition pistols. My LGS has a MC operator Warren Tactical edition. The gun is really smooth and the WT sights are incredible.

Unfortunately, its been languishing in the case for almost a year now. He wants "professional" money for it.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Billy, is the Warren Tactical a 9mm?

I talked with Scott Warren a few years ago and he was using one of the 9mms from the first run of the gun. It was really a nice gun!

Do you mind mentioning what they want for the gun?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're OK with the gun stock, I'd say buy it. I purchased an MC Operator about a year ago and was super impressed with everything about it. I did however buy it with the intent to send it to SACS to have a few things customized to my liking. SACS has not been taking pistols in for work since the fall, and it looks like they are changing their business plan (best I can tell from internet articles). That led me to sell my MCOP - I'm now saving pennies for EXACTLY what I want without having to send it somewhere for tweaks. My 2 cents...

Posts: 406 | Location: NW FL | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy it, There great guns and virtually the same gun as the LBO. Mine has been reliable and acurate.

Posts: 440 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post