SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Flared mag well in a Combat Commander?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flared mag well in a Combat Commander? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
I have a Combat Commander which I plan to incorporate in to my carry rotation.

I am considering replacing the main spring housing with one that incorporates a mag well. I am not talking about a huge flared mag well funnel.

Does anyone here carry a Commander length 1911 with a mag well? If so, is there a mag well you recommend?

Yes, I understand I will need to use mags with base pads if I use a mag well.

Please share any pics you may have.

Thank you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I carried a full size Colt 1911 for 25 years & never saw the need for a funneled mag well. One can get extremely fast changing mags with the "stock" mag well. It just takes a little practice. For a race gun,I can see it but for an edc, it's just superfluous.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have carried 1911’s before with magwell a from Smith & Alexander, Ed Brown, and EGW. All worked great. No issues at all.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the EGW magwell.
OVMV.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Love well-designed mag wells.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have S&A's on full size and Officers ACP sized 1911's.

I no longer own these two, but they're both wearing them.

ETA: The two I still do have.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great information and pics. Thank you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post