SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlight TLR-7
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlight TLR-7 Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted
https://www.streamlight.com/en...s/detail/index/tlr-7

Wow. I was thinking of a more compact light for my 32 but this looks like it might be the answer since all others weren’t bright enough for me.

Small and Mighty 500 Lumen Tactical Weapon Light

Experience the TLR in a new light. The small and mighty TLR-7 securely fits a broad range of full-size and compact handguns. Low-profile design prevents snagging and a “safe off” feature prevents accidental activation, saving batteries.

500 lumens; 131m beam; runs 1.5 hours; 4,300 candela
Custom optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
Low-profile ambidextrous on/off switch
Uses one CR123A lithium battery (included)
Safe off feature prevents accidental activation; saves batteries
Rail grip clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly and safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of muzzle
Securely fits a broad range of full-sized and compact guns
Durable, anodized machined aluminum construction
User enabled strobe function
2.15” (5.46 cm); 2.4 oz (68.1g)
Operating temperature: -40°F to +120°F
IPX7 waterproof to 1m for 30 minutes
Limited lifetime warranty
Assembled in USA

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrgunsngear did a thorough review and I will buy one when available

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have weapon lights but have never been completely impressed. Until this little guy! I really like it and will get one for my 19.5

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen any prices yet.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
All these CCW lights are going to drive the holster makers bonkers. How many permutations of guns and lights are the going to have to make.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I really like the output, being double that of comparable compact weaponlights, but I'm not sold on the activation switches.

You activate it by pushing sideways/in on the side switches. I'd prefer it if they went with traditional-style up/down toggle switches, like nearly every other light.

More importantly, I also don't like that all the light makers seem to be going to this method of "press and release for constant; hold for at least one second for momentary". It goes against the way that myself and a number of other LEOs have been trained to use lights in certain situations, such as for building clearing.

When clearing a building, I was trained to use brief "pulses" of light, without leaving the light on for extended periods to telegraph your position. This results in quick "taps" on the momentary activation to achieve these "pulses". These "taps" can be less than one second at times.

With lights like this and the new XC-1B, a quick tap on the activation switch will simply turn the light on constant-on, which is the opposite of what I want. The best you can achieve for momentary use is to consciously hold the button down for over 1 second, then release the button to deactivate it.

I'd rather they keep the momentary and constant activation methods as two different things, like the earlier TLRs and the XC-1A, rather than trying to get one switch to do it all. I rarely use constant-on, and I don't want to keep mistakenly activating the constant-on function by not holding down the button long enough.

Yes, I get that it's a training issue, and with some practice and some changes to training doctrine, it could be worked around. But it would be easier if the light companies were more consistent, even within their own product lines. And it seems like the light makers might need to have a longer chat with folks who are using their lights for serious purposes.

For example, Travis Haley has a similar complaint with the Gen 1 Inforce WML lights, which used the same "tap for constant/hold for momentary" activation on one single switch. He first convinced them to produce a special Haley version of the WML that was momentary-only, to prevent the constant-on from inadvertently being activated when trying for a brief pulse. And now the newer Inforce WMLs have a toggle switch on the side to select between momentary and constant. So Inforce was listening...

quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I haven’t seen any prices yet.

According to MrGunsNGear's video review, MSRP is ~$215, which puts street price at under $200.

Slightly cheaper than the XC-1.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I will have to go check out his video.

$200? Wow, I can find TLR-1HLs on sale for just over $100 from time to time.
Well, I guess it is new.

I wonder if the sliding switch is so it turns off when you holster? My old Lasermax used to do that. They could have done something similar to Viridian where if it senses the magnet, it’s in the holster and turns off.

But in the end, I will probably pick it up since I balked at the XC-1 price and output.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a coworker told me about it a couple of weeks ago, roughly a month and a half after I bought the Inforce APLc. Gee thanks. Only 200 lumens and uses CR-2 batteries, but so far it's bright enough for most of what I need and I've already got a stash of cells thanks to my rangefinder. Paid under $100 for it with promo code before Turkey Day so I'm not feeling too bad. I'd guess that the new Streamlight would sell in the 180-190 range if MSRP is $215.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
SureFire killer. Razz

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
But will it fit on SK series HKs

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ghost-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
SureFire killer. Razz

We shall see. I like as it does not stick out as far as the SF X300 series lights which have always kind of bugged me. But what else is as good out there as the SF lights. I have had a the TLR series of lights before and always seemed to just take them off and slap my SF back on.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Posts: 3235 | Location: USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
But will it fit on SK series HKs

That’s what I’m waiting to find out as well.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this will relegate the PL-Mini my dad gave me for Christmas to my SP2022 and I will happily mount this on my P229. I would rather rock a Streamlight over and Olight any day.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the one i have been waiting for, i have the APLc and like it just fine, and works for what it's intended, but sill find it lacking in it's ability to "push through" the darkness i guess you can day.

TLR-1 HL, X300 are my go to, and looking forward to the rumored 1,000 lumen X300.

Fact is Streamlight has done a heck of a job and forced Surefire to step up it's game, and it's a win for all of us.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Time will tell.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with everything RogueJSK said. I want to like this light, but I think I'll be staying with the XC1A for a compact light with switching being the primary reason

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I think I'll be staying with the XC1A for a compact light with switching being the primary reason

Same.

The XC1A isn't perfect, but it'll do until something better comes along. Hopefully something that combines compact size, traditional switching, segregated momentary/constant activation, decent output, and ruggedness/reliability.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Yeah, this will relegate the PL-Mini my dad gave me for Christmas to my SP2022 and I will happily mount this on my P229. I would rather rock a Streamlight over and Olight any day.

Is there a reason this vague statement is being made? In the end they are both made in China. Streamlight is based in Pennsylvania but every package I've had with my Streamlights has said "Made in China"

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have an XC1B on the way and will try to give a good comparison to the XC1, but I've had zero issues with mine over a year plus, daily carry, and plenty of live fire.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
500 lumens for 1.5 hours on one CR123? I think they meant 1.5 MINUTES. Eek

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post