SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Could not resist it....Sig 365 XL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could not resist it....Sig 365 XL Login/Join 
posted
Last week Kenzie’s Optics had the Holosun 507k x2 in stock and with a little digging, I found a coupon code for 12% off my order and free shipping. These little sights are hard as hens teeth to find and $260 shipped was a great deal, so I purchased it. Now I needed a gun to go with it. I wanted a Hellcat after shooting my buddies with the Romeo zero, but did not want to use a mounting plate or dremel off the extra nubs on the slide. I could not find one at a decent price anyway. This NIB XL with the gray frame and manual safety was listed on a local forum. 45 minutes later and $625, she was mine. The Holosun is a direct fit and literally to 2 minutes to install. Range time Thursday (hopefully).

I carried a RMR’d G26 for several years before moving to a regular Sig 365. I missed the red dot on my gun and wanted another, but not the feel of a little brick on my side. This little gun feels like it is not even on my hip. The 507k is a great fit and looks right at home on the gun. It is a very nice compact package.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very nice sir. I’ve had three or four 365’s come through here in different configurations, but I have yet to handle an XL. It’s probably for the best cause I bet I’d keep it!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6994 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it!

I have a 365 with an XL frame. Had to have the slide milled for a 507K, too.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I love my Holosun 507c GR!

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Guys, don't do this. Do not give your thread a misleading, vague title that will cause members to click on it.
Just don't do this here. If you want click-bait, the internet is sickeningly full of that shit. You can't go anywhere online where people are not pulling this crap. Don't do it here.
-para

I’m 50 years old and do not have time for games. Smile. I can assure you click bait was not going through my mind when I posted this. I post pics here all the time. I added 365xl to the title so no one assumes they were intentionally click baited.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looking good! I think that's a great practical carry optic setup.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My stepmom just got a standard 365. Looking to get one for my wife & may consider an XL for myself.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15147 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I did a double take when I opened this thread as I snagged a 507K from Kenzie’s as well, they did not last long. Bought the P365XL this morning! I’m 58 and the evolution of the RDS is most welcome since I started needing to wear “readers”.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pictures and gun look great. I see that you have the latest edition of the 507 the "X2." For my SIG MPX K I am trying to decide between the 507 and 510 for my MPX. The 510 would give me a wide view but also a larger footprint and a little more weight. I saw someone's MPX K with a Trijicon RMR and it looked nice.

Any opinions on whether the 507 or 510 would go better on the MPX K?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos! Well composed - good job!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Pictures and gun look great. I see that you have the latest edition of the 507 the "X2." For my SIG MPX K I am trying to decide between the 507 and 510 for my MPX. The 510 would give me a wide view but also a larger footprint and a little more weight. I saw someone's MPX K with a Trijicon RMR and it looked nice.

Any opinions on whether the 507 or 510 would go better on the MPX K?

I ran a Trijicon RMR on a 300blk and loved it. I would use the smaller 507 on the K. The 510 is too large for a K sized gun.

posted Hide Post
A 509T would probably go great on the MPX. Nice set up OP. I love the 507ks.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful setup - thanks for posting the pictures. I hope you follow up after you get a chance to try it on the range. I recently bought a P365XL (manual safety) that doesn't have an optic...yet. I've been thinking about getting one for it.

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun and photo's I like the grey. The 365 XL, the CZ Shadow urban grey and the HK VP9 all keep vying for first place in which one I want to add next.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
Very nice pistol and photos. I have a P365XL-MS coming tomorrow, and a HS507K-X2 coming Saturday. I have been more than impressed with my P365X. Now if Wilson Combat would come out with a grip module with a standard rail.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That bluish-grey color is attractive, much better than that baby poop brown.

Posts: 27829 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your XL and the RD sight look very nice.
I have the XL too only I mounted the Shield RMSc
on mine.
Have the P365 too. Now its a toss up which I pack.
They both are fine shooters.
I think you enjoy your XL with the RD sight.

Your pictures are outstanding.

Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I have yet to handle an XL

The XL is by far the best of the bunch. I own 3 of them (plus 2 standard 365's). One is my primary carry, one is my training gun, the third i picked up on a whim at a price I couldn't walk away from.

To the op: Looks great!!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Folks are evidently unaware that the Holosun company is a prime example of Chinese Communist Party's theft of US intellectual property.

Please do a little research and stop supporting the Red Chinese attempted takeover of the USA.

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtnwind:
Folks are evidently unaware that the Holosun company is a prime example of Chinese Communist Party's theft of US intellectual property.

Please do a little research and stop supporting the Red Chinese attempted takeover of the USA.

If you think the United States does not use other countries technologies then you are sadly mistaken. We were getting our butts kicked during WW2 by the Japanese Zero until we used a captured Zero Fighter to make our planes better. I have Several Trijicon RMR’s and let me tell you, they are not any better for twice the price. They have less features, the glass is not as clear and cost way more. Trijicon has rested on its military record and see’s no reason to update its optics or lower the price. They have more than recouped R&D prices. Aim Point is not American, but it always get recommended. People buy what they can afford. I’m fortunate that I can buy what I want. I love this country and served 24 years to defend it, but point of the matter is as long as profits for big business stays large, they will drive the average American to a lower priced option that WORKS.

This is a thread for shooters, let’s not turn it into a political one.