SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new carry pistol: HK 2000sk
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new carry pistol: HK 2000sk Login/Join 
posted
Carried the M&P Shield for the last 2 years, but got this HK to replace my 3rd ccw gun that I sold. While qualifying, I shot way better with this HK then the Shield. Especially at the longer distances.

Glock 19
HK P2000sk
Sig P226
Spikes AR15 Middy
CA94 MP5 clone

Posts: 683 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You will love it. If you do have any issues make sure to run some hotter heavier stuff through it for a box or three (147 grain, NATO SPEC, defensive or +P etc.). Early on a lot of HKs can have issues with powder puff 115 grain range fodder. As they loosen up they will typically run anything.

Enjoy shoot safe.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Based on the slide it looks like a 9mm

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's a 9mm. Consolidated calibers a few years ago. Now, I just stock 9mm and 5.56.

Glock 19
HK P2000sk
Sig P226
Spikes AR15 Middy
CA94 MP5 clone

Posts: 683 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
I had one in 357 SIG with a factory .40 barrel to boot. Had to give it up to bounce back following a divorce back in 2009. It was worth it. Nice pistol, but I'd sell it all over again in the same circumstances.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Oldy but goody...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't bring myself to carry my 357 sig with rgrizzle holster. The rig is too pretty to mess up. LEM trigger is to die for.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Well done sir! My P2000 is standard size but I do have the P30SK and both are the light LEM. Love them!

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry one in the summer,and carry a P2000 13 round magazine & X-Grip spacer as my extra mag. Small concealable pistol that shoots like a larger gun,and I always have 24 rounds on me.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 308th_sps
posted Hide Post
Also my off duty carry. But in 357sig.
Light LEM. Love it.

308th_sps

American by birth
Veteran by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried one for a few years in an ankle rig. In fact, I was wearing the same when I got married last.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow an ankle rig? I have a 2000sk that I adore. I have carried a Glock 26 in an ankle rig and it is much smaller....and I still felt like I was walking with a limp.

posted Hide Post
I didn't think the weight was bad, or the bulk. I carried a G27 on the ankle for a time, too. Essentially same size, same weight.

My P2000SK, in .40, came with LEM. I put a few thousand rounds through it, and ended up alternating with a P239 before I stopped carrying the P2000SK.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
P2000 series of pistols are hard to beat.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I started to trade mine a couple of months ago. Took it out of the safe, fondled it, then made the mistake of taking it to the range. Hadn't shot it in 2 years. I was so accurate with it, I cleaned it and put it back in the safe. (After carrying it for a week). Great gun that's going nowhere. Just not as weight to round count efficient as either my MPc or G26L with 12 round mags.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Put a 10lb hammer spring in it and you'll be very happy with the smooth pull. If I remember correctly, you use a 10lb USP spring, cut it down to the exact length of the factory spring, and that's it. Love mine.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Nice! Love the p2000sk. Mine is in 357sig. It's the perfect carry gun. You may already know this, but P30/VP9 full size mags fit in your P2000sk. You can get an X-grip spacer to fill the gap. This way you can carry with 16 rd mags if you want.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I use a P30 15 round mag in mine when not carrying and it feels GREAT. Most extensions feel a little afterthought but this combo is a match made in heaven.

posted Hide Post
It is a great carry gun. For various reasons I am selling my 4.1 Grayguns 2000sk right now but not for any fault of the gun itself. It is one of my all time favorite carry pieces.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post