SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    glock slide finishes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

glock slide finishes Login/Join 
posted
Hello, do we know what the slides finishes were over the years ?

For instance the 1st thru early 3rd gens had what appeared to be a flat black oxide finish.

At some point the frying pan finish appeared. I want to say 2009 but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I see this term- 'frying pan finish'- and I don't know what you guys mean. The original Glock finish was phosphate (parkerizing) over Tenifer. My very early 3rd generation G17 (September 1998 production) has this phosphate finish. I have a G17 made in October 2003 which has a slick, shiny finish to the slide. If that's what you mean by 'frying pan finish' it was used starting around 2002, I think.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen 3s from 2004 have what you are referring to as frying pan finish. It almost looks like the inside of a Teflon pan and is very slick to the touch. My Gen 4s definitely do not

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I have both a G19 and a G21 (Both Gen4) with the “frying pan finish” and I suppose it looks like a Teflon of sorts. It seems less black to me than other finishes. I kind of like it but I like my other Glocks just fine too.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Did Glock ever use an Ilaflon finish? I haven’t heard it mentioned in connection with SIG pistols recently, but for a time it was the finish to have according to its fans. It is also used on nonstick cookware.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post