SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Didn't I read about HK brining out button mag releases?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Didn't I read about HK brining out button mag releases? Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the 1911 mag release could be better. I like my 1911 grips scalloped in front of the mag release to make it easier to get to.

Newer guns like the Gen 4 Glock, CZ P07, etc are perfect IMO. No movement needed to activate them.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
If I remeber the original story correctly, the push button mag release models were only going to be available in Europe.

It was me that posted. According to an HK USA CS e-mail I received, no button releases for the US. Search for HK still hates us IIRC for the actual thread.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think the current trend of fully ambi mag buttons is the best of all worlds.
-they are industry standard (push button)
-they still allow end user to use the same old release they have years of muscle memory on
-they allow those of us with either smaller hands or feel trigger finger is faster smoother that option as well.

I prefer paddles and like their integration but the above makes a lot of sense.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a lefty (and an Hk fanboy) I much prefer the paddle release and using it with my trigger finger. However, I own and shoot and compete with many guns that use a button. I never switch the release on any gun and always use the trigger finger. I can and do use either without issue, but prefer the paddle. However, on my HK45, occasionally the recoil will cause me to drop the mag unintentionally if I get too much finger in the trigger. That's a training issue but still concerning enough that I don't really shoot it that much. I've shot it in matches and it never happened, but still...

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Going with the button style didn't hurt PPQ sales, at least at the domestic consumer level. It doesn't seem to have helped with agency sales however, which I think was the main reason for creating the M2. Aside from the gun being adopted by Taiwan police forces--ironically choosing the paddle release M1--there doesn't seem to be much in the way of police contracts for the PPQ.

The Walther PPQ is generally issued to police officers in the Netherlands and the PPS M2 is utilized for plainclothes assignments there.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see the button go the way of the dodo and the paddle be the norm, walther and hk vp9 were/are easier to manipulate, you don't get the button pressing into your grip, or unintentional mag release.

My G34 button looks like the Burj Khalifa in Dubai sticking out of the side of the gun, digs into my hand, paddle releases are smooth, out of the way and ambi, simple..

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
So I have this right, you want the button mag release to go away because you prefer the paddle?

Wow, lol, paddle fans are like the democrats of the gun world Razz

We know what's best for you and it's a paddle, you're wrong for liking the button more, so we'll save you from yourself and remove your freedom of choice.

If you mention a paddle mage release, I swear these cats come out of the wood work.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like a paddle release in my H&K... rifles.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I seem to recall reading that HK was going to release a gun with a button mag release?

Is this gonna happen?

Blasphemy!!! I know HK hates us, but this much? I hope not.

Hope this abortion of pistol HK mag release never reaches our shores.

H&K-Guy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H&K-Guy,

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the paddle. It's perfect for people with fairly short fingers like me.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
A paddle mag release especially the way it's executed on the PPQ is my preference, using the index finger to release the mag allows me to maintain my grip instead of using my thumb which requires me to shift my hand position to reach due to my smaller hands, seems like a no brainer.

If HK/Walther wants to make push buttons available then make it so that both versions are available, and don't make different mags for crying out loud.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I prefer the PPQ paddle as I feel it's much easier to use. The HK paddle has prevented me from buying them up to this point.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post