SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Blackhawk Belt-Mounted Double Mag Pouch for P320 FS .45 ACP Mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackhawk Belt-Mounted Double Mag Pouch for P320 FS .45 ACP Mags? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Given my inability to find what I really want, I'm thinking maybe one of these...

Blackhawk Belt-Mounted Double Mag Pouch

to carry me over until somebody makes what I want. (Or I decide to break down and send somebody my mags so they can make what I want.)

Anybody have any experience with this product? Will it likely carry a pair of P320 full-size .45 ACP mags adequately?

Not doing competition with this rig--just need it to carry the mags securely and not be too awfully clumsy in use.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That soft floppy thing would annoy me.

I read your other thread as well...why won't a kydex carrier made for a G21 mag work? Especially if it has adjustable retention.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
I found out recently that the P227 I just picked up uses the same magazine tube (different base plate) as the P320 in .45. Just a thought.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:
I found out recently that the P227 I just picked up uses the same magazine tube (different base plate) as the P320 in .45. Just a thought.

Yes, and the P250 .45 ACP = P320 .45 ACP. Not much in mag carriers for any of them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
You may want to check out Blue Force Gear, they have some soft carry pouches that may be better than that monstrosity you found. I just picked up their double pistol belt pouch that says it'll fit up to USP 45 mags. Should work for you. Plus they're having a 20% off sale right now. Code is NRAsocial.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
El Paso Saddlery used to do custom builds for that sort of thing. I found their work high end for a reasonable price. They built me a custom pancake for a Colt Lawman Mark III for 13 bucks when I lived there, but requested permission to fire the gun. I let them run a few boxes thru-how could I blame them?

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I going to try to help. If my local LGS has a .45 P320 mag I'm buying it and stuffing it into one of the 10 or so various Bladetech mag pouches I have (G21, HK, SIG, FN, Beretta, S&W, etc.) and surely one of them will be good enough. Maybe somewhere on the interwebs is mag dimensions because I'm sure something else will be fine. I normally don't bother to switch mag carriers on my gaming belt even when I switch between guns.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I *think* that "soft, floppy thing" is only exposed when the pouch is in presentation-mode; otherwise, it stays safely captured by straps, hook-and-loop.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16342 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I interpreted "soft, floppy thing" to apply to the entire mag pouch, kkina Smile

I might snag one of those Blue Force Gear belt-mounted Ten-Speed double mag pouches. Thanks for the pointer, ACClauhs.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Ok I going to try to help. If my local LGS has a .45 P320 mag I'm buying it and stuffing it into one of the 10 or so various Bladetech mag pouches I have (G21, HK, SIG, FN, Beretta, S&W, etc.) and surely one of them will be good enough.

Thanks! You wouldn't be helping only me. While the demand apparently isn't big enough for many (most?) makers to cover it, I'm not the only one that's having this problem.

There's a fitment guide for Blade-Tech Signature Series double mag pouches > here <. It indicates the "Generic Double Stack 10/45" for the P227 mag. Would be the same for the P320/P250. But, Blade-Tech "conveniently" omits any images that would yield any clue as to how much "spare space" you'd be carting around, using a "generic" carrier, so I've been hesitant.

I do know a Blade-Tech Classic for Glock model 22 mags is too small, because I tried mine, last night.

Blade-Tech's offerings seem all over the map. Some mags you can get in either Tek-Lok or ASR, and some only with fixed belt loop sizes (BTK). None of their products appear to be available specifically for the P227 or P320/P250 in .45 ACP.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Maybe somewhere on the interwebs is mag dimensions because I'm sure something else will be fine.

Three of us measured P227 and P250/P320 mags a couple weeks ago. Came out to...

9/40/357: .852 x 1.267 (.840 w?)

45: .926 x 1.365 (.895 w?)

ref: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5440062224

Thing is: I learned, the hard way, that a remarkably small change in mag dimensions could result in a remarkable difference in how it fit in a mag carrier, and the resulting usability. At least where synthetics were concerned. Leather is considerably more forgiving/adaptable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
Did you get the BFG pouch? Mine came in and I was very pleased with it. Fits close to the body with enough flex to avoid fat pinch.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have one of their single mag pouches I use everyday, from PPS mags to SP 2022 mags.

That it fits several size mags is what I like and that the mags are protected against scrapes, rain, etc. It is too short however for my CZ P09 mags.

No experience with the double mag pouch you are talking about, but if the material and construction is similar to the single mag poch, its pretty durable.

I am not a fan of kydex mag carriers, I have several and hardly ever use them. With open top mag carriers, In the past , several mags have been pulled out when I was sitting, getting out of vehicle, etc, so I only trust a top secured mag carrier.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACClauhs:
Did you get the BFG pouch?

Not yet. I was kinda waiting to see if hrcjon came up with anything.

quote:
Originally posted by ACClauhs:
Mine came in and I was very pleased with it. Fits close to the body with enough flex to avoid fat pinch.

I kind of figured that's how they might work out. Very well: Thanks for the micro-review Smile. Mine's ordered. I added a double-M4 pouch while I was at it. That also gets stellar reviews.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Received my Blue Force Gear pistol double mag pouch yesterday. My sincere thanks to ACClauhs for making the original suggestion and to Sunset_Va for chiming-in with his experiences.

The thing works beautifully! Weighs nothing, has no bulk to it at all, holds the mags close to your body. Holds the mags well, but, they come out smoothly and easily. With a little practice it's not really all that difficult to re-holster them.

I'd originally intended this to be a hold-over until I was able to obtain the Kydex mag holder I thought I wanted. Now I'm thinking my quest is over.

I'd been wondering about spare mags for my AR-15, so I thought "What the heck. Why not?" and ordered the M4 molle dual-mag holder as well. It can be configured to work well on a 1-1/2" belt. I tried it out, too, last night, with a pair of fully-loaded 30-round Lancer mags. Worked like a charm. Had it positioned between two pants belt loops at about 7:30 - 8 o'clock. Much to my surprise, I was even able to re-holster one of those mags w/o too much trouble.

What a find!