SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there still a place for the P239?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there still a place for the P239? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watarski:
I'm currently Sig-less, and contemplating the P239 even though on paper it doesn't make sense: Sig's discontinued them.. Might have to jump at one...

I'd find an SAS 9mm, I think they were a bit more rare and from what I've found out, they're lighter than the .357 Sig/.40 and are smoother to handle. I'm contemplating finding one myself before they dry up. Also, maybe in today's age they don't make as much sense as far as what the market says, but a daily carry can only go so small and light before it becomes unwieldy and no fun to shoot. The P239 makes more sense than it should in my big mitts, and a lot more sense the P224 ever did.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Taidog1:
Jumping back into this polite disagreement...

Shortcomings of the P239, perceived or real? Not too big or too small...proven reliability... sufficient capacity...already well established on the street...totally trusted by those who carry it...yadayadayada. Just sayin'...

The .357 SIG caliber, with a few faults like every other caliber, is what the 9mm so much wants to be and tries to be. IMO.

This, 100%.

Thank You,

Mark
Bikers For Christ M/M

The Bible: Read, Apply, Repeat

Posts: 474 | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anybody wants to jump on a P239 before they disappear, this looks like a good deal:

http://www.quanticotactical.co...CMSNum=971&CMSN=P239

I have no connection with this retailer except having been a satisfied customer in the past. They're legit.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my 239SAS in .40. Carries well and discretely. a second ingle stack mag is thin, and easy to carry comfortably. It's a keeper, for me.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Taidog1:
I’m a new member here and appreciate that. Will be 72 next month. Open up your calculator and enter these numbers for how many firearms I’ve owned, used, competed with, kept, traded, sold. The earlier decades were always about chasing the “new and improved.” Over the last few years I’ve selectively “cut” my collection all the way down to what I consider my required.

All my Glocks are now gone because I could never get totally comfortable with striker fired. Yes, I know…you can…but I could not. I’ve no interest in debating that. My P239 in .357 Sig is not obsolete. It is the elite, having survived so many downsizing cuts. It’s still here…and always will be for the long and the (sadly overlooked) list of very real advantages pointed out by members here, which I won’t repeat.

Yes, I’m a SIG fan, but not because of any need to be a “part of the group.” I’m a fan because, IMHO, SIG handguns are simply better made than others…hence their a) performance statistics in so many areas and situations, and b) worldwide trust in SIG. Coupled with my P220 in .45 ACP…I, personally, no longer have any need to add or upgrade. And you can take this to the bank…they won’t just “do,” they’ll do and then some. I consider these 2 pistols “destination guns,” and I hope more people get there.

Have a good week everyone.

So well said! I too am downsizing in calibers and weapons. My AR is gone and my P220 is available. My P229 and P239, both in 357Sig will be with me till I'm gone. Then they'll go to my grandson. My .22LR lever guns, autos and revolvers have also made the 'destination' cut. As have my 357/38 lever gun and revolvers. Life is good. It's good indeed.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
I had (2) 239/40s sold one but still have the new one, I was thinking about getting rid of it but it's a very nice pistol & the P series pistols are quality pistols, And the 239 is kind of heavy but not too heavy and the size is not too large so I'm thinking about keeping it, They don't make quality pistols like this anymore, I do regret selling my 9mm & 357Sig barrels I had for it though.

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post