SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there still a place for the P239?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there still a place for the P239? Login/Join 
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I bought a pristine 9mm one a couple of months ago for $400 cash. Had the case, paperwork and 3 mags. It is a very accurate pistol. Even my wife enjoys shooting it. I might even start looking for another one.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Sig 239 shines in a shoulder holster with lots of comfort in driving, or sitting. Otherwise a VM2 is a good IWB.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coma
posted Hide Post
I have one in 9MM it is a great gun. Are some of the new Tupperware guns better and can do more with less weight yea, but other than maybe the 365 I have not seen anything that is so much better in a same size or smaller platform that could cause me to buy it.

death and taxes....need i say any more.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SIG Super Target SS .45
Bersa .380 model 83
M686 .357 S&W
P239 9MM
P229 .40S&W
p229 .40 legion
p229 9 legion
1911 9 mm
M400 tread coil 5.56.

Posts: 660 | Location: Barrington, NH, usa | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of the P239 owning two each in 9 mm and .40 S&W. In fact I used to shoot IDPA with one of my .40 S&W. The P239 is flat, yet has enough mass to be easy to shoot, and it is extremely accurate. I own smaller and lighter guns, but I just don't trust them as much, as they can be a bit temperamental. OK for the range, but not OK when I might not be at my best. Other CCW guns I use are a P245 and a G19. Not exactly small and light, but utterly reliable.

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 239 is a great gun. I debated on getting a 228/9 or a 239 for ccw. After going over all the pros/cons, the 239 won. It is a little large compared to other single stack pistols but compared to a 228/9 it felt and carried perfectly. It is only slightly smaller than compared to a 229 but that little bit made a huge difference for me. Like most things, I sold it like a fool and want another one some day. I was at a gun show not long ago and saw an older/maybe original model 239 for sale. It looked kind of strange and had a boxy/Hi-Point looking kind of slide,not the type we are used to seeing now. I kind of liked it as it was unique, not ugly but different. Even the frame and grips were different. It was a neat looking pistol and was in great shape for it's age. I kick myself now.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Four O'clock, in Comp-Tac tuckable IWB. Smile

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say much about the P239 that hasn't already been said. I have one in 357 SIG and will probably get another one.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it wasnt for the accessories so hard to find, it would be much more popular.

Posts: 66 | Registered: February 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a great place for one - 3 o'clock strong side.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I really like my 239-9mm, but must admit to not carrying it since getting a G19.5, the G19 is roughly the same size, a little lighter, and holds 7 more rounds.

I'm not ready to sell the 239 yet, but for the foreseeable future it will stay in the safe.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've got a 239 SAS, 1st Gen, in 40. I've carried this for a while and have no plans to sell it. If I'd get off my butt and order a holster for my 229, I'd probably carry that instead.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 239 in 357 Sig is my favorite gun. Small and thin enough for city concealed and powerful enough for the woods. It's not that heavy with a proper holster and belt. Trigger is way better than any Glock.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
P239 357 Sig rides with me. Hogue G10 checkered grips. Will put X-Ray sights on it next.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes...in my Sparks VM-2 IWB holster.

DA/SA .40 with "Plus 1" 8 round mags and Heinie sights. I'd go to "Hell and Back" with it. Big Grin

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Heck Yeah !
My GF tried my P239 9mm and liked it MUCH better than the SW Shield she was carrying.
So it is now her EDC.

Well, she was out of town for a week and I carried it while she was gone.

I had forgotten how much I liked my P239!

So I got me a SIG factory refurb'ed P239.
Had looked at several P225'S at LGS's.
But the P239 just feels "right".

Much love here for our P239's!

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Yeah, lather, rinse and repeat here, but it's true.

I daily one in .357 Sig DAK in a High Noon Holsters IWB. The heft just eats the recoil, it's match accurate, the mags are as slim as P230 .380's (almost) and I've noticed that the DAK system 'shoots in' well, like an old S&W revolver...the more rounds that you put through it, the smoother it gets. Mine has nearly 5,000 rounds through it and I've never had a single MALF of any kind.

Also, the DAK gives you that "same trigger pull every time" dynamic that seems to drive all poly-striker fanboys into orgasmic glee.

Never shot one in 9mm, but I think if I had one chambered in the FBI's favorite round, I'd have to ditch their "put a skirt on it" mentality and go find some really hot ammo to justify it's weight. A standard 9mm loading might be too mild for this platform. But say, Cor-Bon's 115 gr. +P or Federal 9BPLE? That might be OK, but you're pushing that little straight walled cartridge pretty hard at that point.

That's why I love the .357 Sig...you get +P+ performance with essentially +P pressures, the whole point behind the bottleneck design. I don't care that it gives up one round to do it, either.

It's a fantastic package....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never shot one in 9mm.

The 9mm has significantly less mass in the slide, so it's actually a smaller/lighter gun. I love mine in 357, I think it's one of the best 357 SIG pistols you can buy, but the P-239 is an absolute peach in 9mm.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus one Seven Plus One.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 9mm, 239 when they first came out, sight unseen, just going by full-size picture that was in a magazine. I was carrying a Walther .32 at the time, and loved the way it carried, but, hated the sights, and horrible trigger, and weak caliber.
I laid the walther on top of the picture and they appeared to be exactly the same size, but, when I got he pistol, I found the 239 to be quite a bit wider. I didn't like carrying the 239 as much as the Walther, but, it had real sights and was very accurate.
A few years ago, I had a cash flow emergency, and sold it to a friend. I've been thinking of asking him if he'd sell it back to me.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
The P-239 is an absolute peach in 9mm.

Hmmmm, your comment intrigues me. Perhaps I will check it out. If they truly do stop making them or they're already out of production, they might become a somewhat desirable 'niche' weapon in the future, far more than the P224, which I think really missed the mark and didn't do anything any better than the P239 was already doing.

Yep, I just might have to scout around for a P239 SAS to flesh out the brood that lives in my safe...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post