SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Slimline Glocks With MOS/Rail G43X, G48
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Slimline Glocks With MOS/Rail G43X, G48 Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I haven't seen this here yet, but if it is feel free to remove.

New GLOCK Slimline Models: MOS For Optics – Rail For Lights, Lasers

Slimline MOS/Rail G43X, G48 TFB

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably going straight to "vaporware" status, just like where the rest of Glock's current lineup is at. Glock's ability and effort to feed the marketplace with anything other than G44s has so far been abysmal.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What light is on the Glock pictured?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Probably going straight to "vaporware" status, just like where the rest of Glock's current lineup is at. Glock's ability and effort to feed the marketplace with anything other than G44s has so far been abysmal.

Can't blame Glock for the current rush on firearms, they are popular, fairly priced, well marketed in movies, tv, online. It's what people go for initially,

At my LGS which normally is stacked with all Glocks, few are in the case, same for Sig, Walther, Smiths, you can still find CZ pistols and HK, since they are more expensive.

Might have to upgrade my 43/48

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, across the nation you will hear gun store folks saying that the first choice for newbies buying their first gun is GLOCK. And in 9mm.

Reportedly there are over 5 million first time gun owners this year, and they all want Glocks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t think many folks realize just how synonymous the word GLOCK is with the word GUN for a large segment of the public.

It’s almost like saying you are going to Xerox something when you mean copy or have a coke when you mean any soda.

I totally get millions of ignorant (as in not educated on the subject not as a rude remark) folks walking into gun story’s saying I need to get a Glock.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The light looks like something made by Steiner. Reminds me of the DBAL/SBAL.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:

Can't blame Glock for the current rush on firearms, they are popular, fairly priced, well marketed in movies, tv, online. It's what people go for initially,

At my LGS which normally is stacked with all Glocks, few are in the case, same for Sig, Walther, Smiths, you can still find CZ pistols and HK, since they are more expensive.

Might have to upgrade my 43/48

Sure I can. Not about the insane demand part. But I can whine about their manufacturing part, notably their apparent lack of it.

Glock doesn't sell direct to dealers. They get their guns to dealers via intermediate distributors. However right now there's too often nothing to be bought, in ANY caliber because those same distributors are nearly as shut out as the dealers themselves are. Pretty much every FFL dealer nationwide is finding nothing of any quantity to bring into their shop's inventory. Early on in the rush I could find ones and twos with an occasional dozen units, but it's been bone dry for months now. Even those notorious "allocated" guns that distributors can parse out to favored dealers are conspicuously void of Gaston's guns. But I've been able to get SIGs, S&Ws and Springfields in, mostly direct but also through distribution channels when needed. It was never this bad post-Sandy Hook; back then there was always someone getting a large shipment of Glocks, even if our shop was mostly shut out. This time? Crickets all around.

If Glock is indeed making them in quantities similar to S&W and SIG, the lion's share of them are most definitely NOT going towards the U.S. civilian market. But I'm guessing that they're busy trying to re-adapt to new manufacturing realities, and that's the true reason why so few Glocks seem to be available for sale.

Anyways, it's probably a good thing that Glock is announcing new product. Maybe that means Austria (and Smyrna) are going to step on the gas Real Soon Now. Or so I hope.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
What light is on the Glock pictured?

I saw it on another forum when the 43x Rail debuted overseas about a year ago. It looked like it had a Surefire stamp on it.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now give me a updated 43 thats a tad shorter in barrel length and takes 43x mags, and optic ready.

Wouldn’t need a 365

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I got on the list for a blue label 48 mos. Shop said they expected the first batch around Sept 1.
Now I was a guy who always pined for a single stack 19 size pistol. Got one (48) and it shot great. But at the end of the day it had 10 rounds.

The Shield 15 rounders really shook it up I think.
And the older I get, the more pistol rmr's make sense.

Dealer didn't know exactly what optics it will handle. Guessing a Shield RMS/c? Of course no one has any of those.

I think glock is doing a fair job of listening to the customer.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Dealer didn't know exactly what optics it will handle. Guessing a Shield RMS/c? Of course no one has any of those.

The Shield footprint has almost turned into a universal footprint for CCW sized guns. Romeo Zeros use the same footprint, are $200, and everywhere. Just as good as the Shield for a lower price. The Holosun 407/507k are a little more and aluminum, but they're just starting to filter into stores.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have one of the older RMS sights, hopefully it will fit.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8019 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Extremely doubtful on an RMR. Never say never for the Glock aftermarket but it will not be anything but an abomination.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon just announced their new compact RMR.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep- just got emails from a couple of sites like EuroOptic...sweet

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God Dammit I just got a 43X a few weeks ago! And today a local shop told me they had some 43X MOS's earlier today but sold them. I didn't even realize they were coming out, and just missed them.

At least the other Glocks I recently picked up are Gen 5 G19MOS and G45 MOS with front serrations and no cutout on the front strap.

But, Glock is going to sell one with a pre-installed Shield RMSc so I think that's the best option because it will be a lot less expensive then buying them separately.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
quote:

Yep- just got emails from a couple of sites like EuroOptic...sweet

It it shorter and narrower than the RMR but the same length front to back and I don't think it will fit the 43X and 48 MOS. It will fit a full size MOS with a new plate without any overhang on either side which is nice. I may put one an a G19MOS or G45 MOS.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s the new Surefire light for the proprietary rail:

https://youtu.be/Pj--xATTszI

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I just can’t get excited over rechargeable tech in a weapon or other serious use light.

If I am using the same light day in and day out like uniformed PD or something where I can charge the light for a period everyday then fine.

For the average gun owner who was a likely to leave a light in a safe or not have a normal charge routine they are likely to find a dead light. For these type of things at least for me I want a primary cell option.