SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P 220 9mm 1976
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P 220 9mm 1976 Login/Join 
posted
I mentioned this on the new members section last week. I was able to pick up the gun today and get a couple of pics. I was in West Germany when this pistol came out in 1976 serving in the US Army in Schweinfurt W Germany. I have wanted to own one since my Army days and finally had the opportunity to pick one up. This is 9mm. No import markings.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice

I've got its twin...

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the purchase. I've always liked the 220 in 9mm and recently filled picked one up as well.

Good luck with it.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's an early one and a beauty too. Congrats, well done!

Edit: And, welcome to the forum!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Beautiful guns, guys. I consider the P220/BDA my favorite Sig.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Looks like a keeper. It even has the lanyard loop after all these years.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice!

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Very nice

That one is much older than mine. I have an American magazine release version in the G286xxx serial number range. (can't find the picture Frown )

BTW, I presume that you already know, the 38 Super magazines work just fine in the 9MM P220s

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I had the BDA model of a 9mm P220. When I sold it, I had either 5 or 6 of the magazines. I never shot it and only opened its slide twice. What a sweet heart of a 9mm pistol. Its 2 45 ACP twins, also Browning marked, I did get to shoot those. The magazines for your pistol are getting harder to find and the price is up there a bit.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
That pistol is awesome!

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Very nice acquisition. Congrats.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Very nice 220. I found one a couple years ago. 1977 model. HH code. Seeing yours tonight makes me want to get mine out for some fun. Congrats and enjoy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2763 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
I have one made in 1976 imported by Hawes. Absolute mint condition. Can't bring myself to shoot it.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
I have one made in 1976 imported by Hawes. Absolute mint condition. Can't bring myself to shoot it.

No problem !! I'll shoot it for you !! Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:

In Middle Tennessee I have more than I can shoot so I wouldn't shoot it either. I enjoy the oldies.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
quote:

No problem !! I'll shoot it for you !! Big Grin Big Grin
At least post a couple pictures. I love seeing that import mark and I've never actually seen a '76. My BDA P220 was a 1977. Believe the slide is called pinched nose by some here.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Please don't forget to add these fine examples to the serial list
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7320040262

posted Hide Post
Some years ago I was fortunate enough obtain a NIB 220/BDA in 38 Super and another in .45 acp. Then a few years later I found a 99% 9mm version of same. Set complete. They are fine pistols, too nice not to shoot occasionally, but very carefully maintained. --c

Posts: 63 | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post