SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 shoots low with new barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 shoots low with new barrel Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys, I got a 1996 226 9mm. I bought a silencerco TB for it. It consistently shoots about 3 inches low with this barrel in the gun. With the factory barrel is shoots right on the money. Anyone know why it would so this?
The gun functions with either barrel flawlessly

Posts: 161 | Location: Marietta,GA | Registered: January 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d call silencer co and see if they will swap it out. Sounds like it isn’t fit right

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
3" low at what range? And we're assuming you mean with no suppressor attached?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7 yards I guess. No can attached

Posts: 161 | Location: Marietta,GA | Registered: January 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's interesting. A few months ago I purchased a Silencerco TB for my P320 FS 9mm RX, and took out to the range for the first time two weeks ago. It shot about 4-5 inches low at 12 yards, no suppressor.

Since I also had my older P320 9mm FS with me I swapped that OEM Sig barrel into the RX. It came right back to POA, only change was the barrel.

I moved on to shooting other pistols that day and haven't gotten back to the testing the threaded barrel. If same results as before I will have to contact them.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's quite an offset. This is interesting. Why would threaded barrels do this?

I have tested a threaded barrel in a P229. It does change the POI, but only about an inch @7 yards, and the offset is higher, not lower (probably due to the longer time the bullet is in the barrel relative to the recoil cycle).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
It shot about 4-5 inches low at 12 yards

Which is also about 3 inches @7 yards. Interesting. Anyone have an answer?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I have changed barrels in a number of pistols. Some drop-in,some fitted. Even if the new barrel is factory, or an aftermarket drop-in that actually drops in, I never expect two barrels to shoot to the same POI. Every barrel sets up in the pistol slightly differently. A thousandth or two difference in dimensions here and there,can still be in spec, but can still make a difference. Assuming all is in spec with your pistol and both barrels,and not being able to personally inspect the pistol,I wouldn't be surprised if this is the issue.......ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silencerco said send it back to them, they said it should never shoot that low.

I agree rock 185, i assume there are small tolerance differences that cause this, but it would still be to there standards, just not mine

On another note i have a German 220 with a TB and the POI has never changed with or without the can, or with the factory barrel