SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Elite Warranty Question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Elite Warranty Question? Login/Join 
posted
Purchased a new P226 Elite. Received in the early part of Feb of this year. Shot in once - maybe 100 rnds. Cleaned it and noticed a small chip on the frame showing raw metal - you can feel it with a fingernail or cleaning pick. Felt the slide rail's and there is a small flaw where you can "catch" it with your nail. Figured it was hitting the frame.

Called Sig and they wanted to see it - sent a label and off it went. Yesterday received a call saying it can't be repaired and they don't have any to replace it. Agent said I should consult the catalog and pick a pistol that comes close. Not thrilled with the standard P226, know that the Legion has problem with the PVD finish (really don't think they'd replace it with that) and don't want the Scorpion. Do they still make the stainless ASE model or is there something else the general catalog doesn't show that is similar to the P226 Elite?

Sent the agent an email but haven't heard anything yet. My neighbor has basically everything Sig has ever made said they should replace it with anything they make if they offered to replace it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not too many choices left with the items the Elite has. Did the Elite have the beaver tail,upgraded G10 grips or E2 parts in it? Unless you get the Scorpion, maybe opt for a MK25? Sig changes their metal guns/options kind of spur of the moment,depending on what sells, as my p229 Elite Carry is no longer made either. It is a difficult decision. Sorry I can't be of more help but report back with what you decide.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went through a similar situation earlier this year with a P224 that refused to be reliable. I picked a P220 Legion because I already have a P226 and a P229.There was a very small upcharge for the Legion, which was worth it for the better sights, grips, and trigger than the regular P220. In any event, I was told that virtually anything they sell is fair game for your choice. When your customer service guy told you they did not have any like your Elite, is it because they no longer make them or because they don't have any currently in stock to send you? It took them about two months to get me the P220 because they were focused on building SAO P220s in Feb and March, and I wanted DA/SA. You might even consider something completely different, such as a P210. Good luck

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, they seemed to iron out the Legion finish issue with the newer models when they dumped the PVD finish.

Side note: I was a Legion "earl adopter" and my original PVD finish has been exemplary. I guess I got lucky.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So we're you and Sig able to sort this out, and what did you choose?

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post