Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The new, smaller cases started shipping in early May.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Any new gun with the volume of sales like the P365 is going to have a few problems. The good news is that if it's the gun, Sig will fix or replace it. I had a young fellow in one of my classes last week who insisted there were all kinds of problems with this gun that he read about on the internet. He shoots a Glock and yes he spends all his time on Glock sites. I take all this with a grain of salt. Break the gun in, clean and lube it properly, and use quality ammo and it will work. If not, send it back and Sig will take care of it.

One of my USPSA club members got a G43 when they first came out, and he had problems with it. When the GSSF match came around that year, he took it to the Glock armorer who accompanies these matches. He took a look at it and told him, "Oh, you have the old parts. I'll swap in the new parts." Worked fine after that. Razz

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
An Uplula is definitely going to be purchased. These are some little monsters to load. Can't recall any like them.

UPDATE I only got to fire 70 rds but they functioned just fine. 40x124gr my reloads and 30x124+p gold dots. Recoil wasn't an issue at all.

The only problem was it is possible to jam the follower in a notch in the magazine when you get it half full.

The mags have lightened up slightly but they are still thumb eaters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Another 300 rounds thru it tonight for 900 total and it was flawless. at this rate none of my other guns will see the light of day again just cant put it down.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I'm with you XLT, I've got about 700 rounds through mine and it's been flawless. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. Every time I go to the range, I take it along and after I've shot the other guns I brought, I put another 100 rounds through it. A real sweet shooter.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
The LGS had them in stock - and the price had dropped! $499.99 Smile So picked one up. I'd shot their P365 rental before and liked it, so what the hey.

Took it out to the range for the first time today. Three boxes of Blazer Brass and a box of Gold Dot 124s without any issues. Well, other than that the sights seem to be set up with a 'combat hold' assumption, so the first few holes were lower than I expected.

I'm very happy with the wee beastie. Smile (And, yes, an UpLula was involved.)

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Had to send my P365 back to Sig. While cleaning last week the slide lock fell out. Thought I had it back in properly, however after the slide went back on the slide was locked back and would only move to the rear about 1/8" and slide lock would not go down to release the slide to go forward. According to Sig CS the slide lock is not supposed to come out except in a "complete" dissasembly. They got it Tues. morning so now to see how long they have it and if it can be fixed or not or if I get a new gun.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
Had to send my P365 back to Sig. While cleaning last week the slide lock fell out. Thought I had it back in properly, however after the slide went back on the slide was locked back and would only move to the rear about 1/8" and slide lock would not go down to release the slide to go forward. According to Sig CS the slide lock is not supposed to come out except in a "complete" dissasembly. They got it Tues. morning so now to see how long they have it and if it can be fixed or not or if I get a new gun.

Why did you remove the slide lock? I can see of no need to ever do such.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pm9:
quote:

He clearly in his first sentence said it "fell out."

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:
quote:
Originally posted by pm9:
quote:

He clearly in his first sentence said it "fell out."

I am no expert, but without a bit more disassembly than Sig recommends, I can't see how it could just "fall out".

posted Hide Post
It can "fall out" if one removes the trigger group from the frame. If it happens it is kinda 'tricky' getting it back in place. One learns not to play around with the trigger group much, when it isn't in place in the frame.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I have removed the trigger group each time I have cleaned the gun. Maybe I don't need to but I try to clean thoroughly after each range trip. The slide lock fell out when putting it back together. How I don't know.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have removed the trigger group each time I have cleaned the gun. Maybe I don't need to but I try to clean thoroughly after each range trip. The slide lock fell out when putting it back together. How I don't know.

Per the owners manual, you don't need to remove the trigger group in cleaning, and it sounds like it's not something they support the casual user doing anyway.

Reference: Owners manual, Section 8.1 Disassembly. On page 34, after describing the removal of the barrel from the slide, it says "Stop. No further disassembly of the P365 pistol is authorized."

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:

Per the owners manual, you don't need to remove the trigger group in cleaning, and it sounds like it's not something they support the casual user doing anyway.

Reference: Owners manual, Section 8.1 Disassembly. On page 34, after describing the removal of the barrel from the slide, it says "Stop. No further disassembly of the P365 pistol is authorized."

Missed it. Won't be doing it anymore.

Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

P365 owner

While I get what the Owner's Manual says...who doesn't disassemble their firearms for inspection and cleaning?

It's not as if the FCU is some fragile piece. It's a whole unit that easily lifts out and can be cleaned/inspected.

And, just like the 320, the modularity of the 365 is a bonus. Screw up your grip module? Chip the mag well? Scratch it? Screw it up with a custom stipple job? Get a new one!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Took my 365 with me to Lk Tahoe last week for my Nieces husband to shoot. Went to an indoor Range in Reno, and he really liked it.

Two other guys who had never shot one, also got some time with it. I'm closing in on 800 rds so far and NO issues.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
quote:
quote:
quote:

P365 owner

While I get what the Owner's Manual says...who doesn't disassemble their firearms for inspection and cleaning?

It's not as if the FCU is some fragile piece. It's a whole unit that easily lifts out and can be cleaned/inspected.

And, just like the 320, the modularity of the 365 is a bonus. Screw up your grip module? Chip the mag well? Scratch it? Screw it up with a custom stipple job? Get a new one!

Sounds good In theory. Are they selling replacement frames yet?

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 owner. June 20th birthdate per the box.

Ran 100 rounds through it. Ammo is US cartridge reload 115 grain. No issues.

Gun was excellent and I shot 10 in the 10 ring almost every mag at 7 yards.

Want to carry it but the reports are dishearteneing.

I will report back after another 2/300

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Authorized?

I don't need Sig's authorization to clean my pistol.

They might have said "recommended," but when they sold the pistol and accepted payment, they lost the ability to authorize what I do with that firearm. That includes cleaning it.

I've seen Sig's treatment of firearms on Sig days at the range, when they showed up with jammomatic bone-dry new weapons out of the box that couldn't complete one magazine. Unimpressive, no sale.

Between their denials of problems until their hand is forced by market pressure, and the ongoing issues, their "authorization" is more than a little over reach.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Authorized?

I don't need Sig's authorization to clean my pistol.

They might have said "recommended," but when they sold the pistol and accepted payment, they lost the ability to authorize what I do with that firearm. That includes cleaning it.

I've seen Sig's treatment of firearms on Sig days at the range, when they showed up with jammomatic bone-dry new weapons out of the box that couldn't complete one magazine. Unimpressive, no sale.

Between their denials of problems until their hand is forced by market pressure, and the ongoing issues, their "authorization" is more than a little over reach.

I see both sides here. Sig, like every other manufacturer, is covering their ass with their in print warranty. Please understand there are people that are fully capable of completely disassembling their gun as well as getting it back together correctly, but then...
there are those who cannot, and should not. Hence, the creation of spray cleaners which will do the job and prevent people from calling Sig with a handful of leftover parts on their kitchen table.