Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
Gen 11 - Promised alternative frames and caliber conversion kits which either never materialize or cost more than buying a new pistol.

Available in 9x21, 32ACP, and 7.62×25mm Tokarev.

Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
smoothed off all the sharp corners

initially I was going to do that as I thought there were a couple particular spots that needed it;

after 600+ rounds unable to quite tell where those spots were, as no sanding done yet & the grips feel proper;

Zero failures of any kind to date.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
quote:
Originally posted by cre8ors:
For the last time:
Gen 1, just came out
Gen 2, cut slide and barrel relief
Gen 3, different night sights
Gen 4, corrected that very small batch of bad strikers
Gen 5, corrected short trigger springs
Gen 6, will be the version with a safety
Gen 7, we're waiting for the 2 inch beaver tail
I hope this clears up some of the generational confusion.

Just curious...did you get this info straight from Sig? If not where did you get it?
Someone missed the sarcasm class.

Nope didn't miss "sarcasm class" just don't see any in his post. Talks like he is an authority. His post in the "P365 and why I am flipping it" thread doesn't seem much better. Just another gluck lover and Sig hater from what I can tell.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nope didn't miss "sarcasm class" just don't see any in his post. Talks like he is an authority.

Actually, you did miss the point of the post. It's all sarcasm.

Some folks just seem to need a cute dot with a winking face to get it.

His posts in the other thread you reference are the same way. Irony and sarcasm, but perhaps without a smiley face to tell you that, it wasn't apparent.

(hint: nobody is waiting for a two-inch beavertail)

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
(hint: nobody is waiting for a two-inch beavertail)

Speak for yourself! I'm eagerly awaiting the beavertail grip module, along with a micro Romeo sight, extended threaded barrel with compensator, and Surefire X300U mount.

Oh, and Wink

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of that means shit, without the detachable shoulder stock.

And bayonet.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:

And bayonet.

Chainsaw bayonet...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Ordered a couple 12 round mags, seems like a loose gap between frame and mag (about +1/8") Anybody else have the 12 rounders that fit loose like this?

Also take down lever flips to 45 degrees and have to push slide stop up to rotate to 90 degrees to put slide back on ???
Seems like take down lever should stay down at 90 degrees?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Ordered a couple 12 round mags, seems like a loose gap between frame and mag (about +1/8") Anybody else have the 12 rounders that fit loose like this?

mine is about 1/16 of and inch got to have some room there.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up, I got my 365 back from Sig yesterday. Paper said it was indeed a broken striker. They replaced it and test fired. I put 100 rounds through it over lunch today. No failures. Planning on doing another 100+ rounds tomorrow. I'm going to put at least 1000 rounds through it before it goes back into carry. I'll let you know how it goes.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:

mine is about 1/16 of and inch got to have some room there.

Ok
thx, just expected a tighter fit like the extended grip 10 round

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:

And bayonet.

Chainsaw bayonet...

I'll take two.

quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
Just to follow up, I got my 365 back from Sig yesterday. Paper said it was indeed a broken striker. They replaced it and test fired.

Did you get the old style striker, or the new? Someone else just posted about getting their P365 back with a replacement striker (last one broke), and Sig had put the old style in it.

Of course, Sig tells us this isn't really happening...certainly no active, current, ongoing first-hand accounts here.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also take down lever flips to 45 degrees and have to push slide stop up to rotate to 90 degrees to put slide back on ???

It is designed so you push the takedown lever forward with your thumb while assembling the slide. It is mentioned in the owner's manual. Not sure why they made it that way but there it is

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received notice that a 365 I had on back order was in stock and ready to ship. I was told that the 365 was now a 365L. Does anyone know why Sig added the “L” to the 365 group of pistols? When I receive the firearm, I will go through it and update my post if I can see anything or if the literature explains the difference.

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

That's interesting.

Does anyone have comparison pictures showing the different striker designs?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365L = Longslide? Laser Sight? Lego?

posted Hide Post
quote:

My 12 round mag is exactly like yours as is the need to push up on the slide lock lever to move the takedown lever into correct position.
Also note that sometimes when you are putting the slide back on, there is a little tab on the right side of the frame that may stick up and prevent the slide from going on. A tap with your finger and it will drop allowing the slide to go on.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cre8ors:
For the last time:
Gen 1, just came out
Gen 2, cut slide and barrel relief
Gen 3, different night sights
Gen 4, corrected that very small batch of bad strikers
Gen 5, corrected short trigger springs
Gen 6, will be the version with a safety
Gen 7, we're waiting for the 2 inch beaver tail
I hope this clears up some of the generational confusion.

Just curious...did you get this info straight from Sig? If not where did you get it?
Someone missed the sarcasm class.

Nope didn't miss "sarcasm class" just don't see any in his post. Talks like he is an authority. His post in the "P365 and why I am flipping it" thread doesn't seem much better. Just another gluck lover and Sig hater from what I can tell.
Yeah you missed the humor branches on the fall outta the tree.

And yes, Glock haters are the cause of all SIGs problems. Mmkay. Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:

And bayonet.

Chainsaw bayonet...

I'll take two.

quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
Just to follow up, I got my 365 back from Sig yesterday. Paper said it was indeed a broken striker. They replaced it and test fired.

Did you get the old style striker, or the new? Someone else just posted about getting their P365 back with a replacement striker (last one broke), and Sig had put the old style in it.

Of course, Sig tells us this isn't really happening...certainly no active, current, ongoing first-hand accounts here.

To my knowledge there is no "new style" striker from Sig. There is an aftermarket striker that you can buy, but I'm not aware of any new striker that Sig is using as a replacement.

I also haven't seen where Sig has said it isn't happening. They've acknowledged online and directly to me that they've had a small percentage of striker failures that they attribute to a run of bad strikers.

You can choose to believe them or not, but with the number of guns in the market I can't say that the number of online issues you're seeing is evidence that it's worse than Sig indicates.

Time will tell.

As an update, I now how 300 rounds through the repaired gun without a failure of any kind.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I thought Sig added a taper to the front on the more recent striker... I could be wrong.

BTW, Academy price their 12 rounder 39.95, cheapest I’ve seen at local store.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post