SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P365 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Sig developed a new style striker with which all current Sig P365's are reportedly shipping. One poster with a broken striker recently reported that his Sig came back with the old style firing pin.

If you remove the pin, the new style has a shoulder leading to the pin portion that protrudes through the breech face; it's has more radius, whereas the original style did not.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6120021444

Sig has been on this site several times (Phil Strader) to ensure the shooting community that these events aren't occcuring except in very rare, isolated circumstances, and Bruce Grey recently assured us the same, as well as reminding us that nobody is reporting these events first-hand, that it's all anecdotal internet rumor. Therefore, it must be.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6420076444/p/3
 
Posts: 2706 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
sjames, you do that again and you'll regret it. I promise you.
 
Posts: 84860 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blindbuffalo:
Just received notice that a 365 I had on back order was in stock and ready to ship. I was told that the 365 was now a 365L. Does anyone know why Sig added the “L” to the 365 group of pistols? When I receive the firearm, I will go through it and update my post if I can see anything or if the literature explains the difference.



are you Law enforcement ???
 
Posts: 4663 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah searching around on the internet some places use the P365L nomenclature as a LEO model. FWIW.
 
Posts: 40298 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
That might be something some individual shops are making up, or something SIG just started.

The second P365 I picked up was from Quantico Tactical as an IOP pistol. There was no special designation on the case. It was a June 17 build.


____________________________________________________________________________________
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin
 
Posts: 1682 | Location: Central Va. | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
That might be something some individual shops are making up, or something SIG just started.



Not new. LEO handgun go through additional QC testing. They also include the third magazine. IOP never had that designation.


Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
 
Posts: 4987 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by Blindbuffalo:
Just received notice that a 365 I had on back order was in stock and ready to ship. I was told that the 365 was now a 365L. Does anyone know why Sig added the “L” to the 365 group of pistols? When I receive the firearm, I will go through it and update my post if I can see anything or if the literature explains the difference.



are you Law enforcement ???


Yes
 
Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blindbuffalo:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by Blindbuffalo:
Just received notice that a 365 I had on back order was in stock and ready to ship. I was told that the 365 was now a 365L. Does anyone know why Sig added the “L” to the 365 group of pistols? When I receive the firearm, I will go through it and update my post if I can see anything or if the literature explains the difference.



are you Law enforcement ???


Yes



maybe if you used that program you got a special one ?? for leo only ?
 
Posts: 4663 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
sjames, you do that again and you'll regret it. I promise you.


Forgive me, Para. Had no intentions of breaking rules/doing wrong.

I was posting from my phone, unable to access photos of the new striker, and my reference was for that reason.

I apologize.
 
Posts: 2074 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
That might be something some individual shops are making up, or something SIG just started.



Not new. LEO handgun go through additional QC testing. They also include the third magazine. IOP never had that designation.


I can't speak to additional QC on the LEO guns, but there is not a third magazine included with the P365 for IOP guns.
 
Posts: 1255 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Sig developed a new style striker with which all current Sig P365's are reportedly shipping. One poster with a broken striker recently reported that his Sig came back with the old style firing pin.

If you remove the pin, the new style has a shoulder leading to the pin portion that protrudes through the breech face; it's has more radius, whereas the original style did not.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6120021444

Sig has been on this site several times (Phil Strader) to ensure the shooting community that these events aren't occcuring except in very rare, isolated circumstances, and Bruce Grey recently assured us the same, as well as reminding us that nobody is reporting these events first-hand, that it's all anecdotal internet rumor. Therefore, it must be.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6420076444/p/3


Thanks for the heads up on the striker. I was not aware of the redesign. I pulled my striker today and it is, in fact, the new design. I took a picture and will post it later, but it's definitely the design with the more gradual transition.



Also, 400 rounds now and one failure to lock back on an empty mag, but I'm pretty sure that was due to my thumb on the slide release.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 47Straight,
 
Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I've never owned a striker fired pistol, shot a P365 last month and really liked it. Decided I needed one. 300 rounds through it so far and I like it more every time I shoot it. I'm amazed at how easy it is to control given it's size.

Date on case says 20 June 2018




"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

President Theodore Roosevelt

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
-- George Washington
 
Posts: 2368 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's official Dance Professor
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPD217:
I've never owned a striker fired pistol, shot a P365 last month and really liked it. Decided I needed one. 300 rounds through it so far and I like it more every time I shoot it. I'm amazed at how easy it is to control given it's size.

Date on case says 20 June 2018



My results have been the same. I picked mine up less than a week ago and have about two hundred rounds through it. Not a single problem. I love the 12 round magazine and sights.


My Fifteen Seconds of Fame
__________________________________________________________
 
Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
I have had the same experiece after 300 rounds of every type of ammunition I had, 8 in total. The P365 just replaced my Kahr PM9
 
Posts: 945 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Great price at $495


P220 Legion
P227 SAS
M11-A1
P229 legion (357 and 40)
CZ 75 tactical
CZ PCR
 
Posts: 10 | Registered: August 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's official Dance Professor
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
I have had the same experiece after 300 rounds of every type of ammunition I had, 8 in total. The P365 just replaced my Kahr PM9


Coincidentally, mine also replaced a Kahr PM9. My build date was 31 July.


My Fifteen Seconds of Fame
__________________________________________________________
 
Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Just hit 1k with mine, very easy to make hits with this gun. No issues to date. Build date 3/31/18. I’m not a huge fan of the green front sight ring but this thing hits spot on so I’m not messing with it for now. If I hit 3K with mine and there are no issues, I’ll probably buy a second one in the spring some time.
 
Posts: 4196 | Location: NH | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SRA:
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
I have had the same experiece after 300 rounds of every type of ammunition I had, 8 in total. The P365 just replaced my Kahr PM9


Coincidentally, mine also replaced a Kahr PM9. My build date was 31 July.


Mine was also built in July. I must admit I am amazed at how well this small pistol handles. I have just ordered the 12 round magazine and am likely to prefer it. I had Doug Childers at Bear Creek build a IWB holster just like the Kahr holster he made. It really fits great. Believe it or not, the Sig fit too loose in the Kahr holster.
 
Posts: 945 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Sig developed a new style striker with which all current Sig P365's are reportedly shipping. One poster with a broken striker recently reported that his Sig came back with the old style firing pin.

If you remove the pin, the new style has a shoulder leading to the pin portion that protrudes through the breech face; it's has more radius, whereas the original style did not.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6120021444

Sig has been on this site several times (Phil Strader) to ensure the shooting community that these events aren't occcuring except in very rare, isolated circumstances, and Bruce Grey recently assured us the same, as well as reminding us that nobody is reporting these events first-hand, that it's all anecdotal internet rumor. Therefore, it must be.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6420076444/p/3


Thanks for the heads up on the striker. I was not aware of the redesign. I pulled my striker today and it is, in fact, the new design. I took a picture and will post it later, but it's definitely the design with the more gradual transition.



Also, 400 rounds now and one failure to lock back on an empty mag, but I'm pretty sure that was due to my thumb on the slide release.


Hit 600 rounds yesterday. No issues. Once I hit 1000 it's going to go back into my carry rotation. Actually, I like this gun so much it will likely all but become my carry rotation. Because of my work it's hard for me to carry anything but a micro-compact and I like this one better than any of the others I've tried. I own an XDS 9 & a PPS M2. I was leaning towards a G43 when this came out. For me, this is more shootable, just as concealable, and the ability to carry 23 rounds with one extra mag is huge.
 
Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I love everything about the 365 when I shot it except the trigger. Way too much up and back swing around the pivot point, not enough front to back travel, if that makes sense. I always have a horrible time shooting with triggers like that and just couldn't get used to it.

Anyone know of aftermarket trigger assemblies that might make the trigger a little more 1911 and a lot less playground swing?


... Chad



http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper!
 
Posts: 486 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365

© SIGforum 2018