Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Decided on this one, the Clinger V3 No Print Wonder. You can convert it to OWB and to the V3 Stingray. With the extra clips you get three holsters in one.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 is scarce around here . One of the bigger shops manages to get 3 or so about once a week but they go quick . Academy doesn't carry them . Cabellas and Bass Pro don't have any .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 update, I’ve fired 400 rounds of 115 grain ball through my 09Jun born on date P365 without any problems. My wife checked it out the other night and fell in love with it. I hated it so much that I just ordered me a replacement P365 from Buds.... she took the first one...

Posts: 60 | Location: lex, ky | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Just picked mine up on Thursday, haven’t gotten a chance to get to the range yet though. Born on date of 24 Jun 2018, with a new style box.

Picked it up from Osage County for $599 after seeing their thread in the classifieds section HERE

I can’t fault any dealer charging full MAP on these given the demand. Nice thing about Osage County though was free shipping and two additional 10 round mags (one with and one without the pinky rest) at no extra charge. Given the cost of the mags, the deal effectively made the gun about $520.

I just checked their website as I write this and it shows as still having them in stock. Don’t know if still including the free mags though as it was a July 4th special.

Pretty impressed with the trigger dry firing, no grittiness in mine, short take up and crisp release with a nice reset. Hoping to get to the range Monday and poke some holes in paper.

If all goes well, I will be giving my P938 a good cleaning and sticking it the safe for a well earned semi-retirement after about 3 years of almost daily carry.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok guys! Was shooting at Top Gun Range this morning and had a misfire with my Sig P-365 9mm manufactured on 5-15-18! Was doing a drill that calls for three shot volleys! I inserted clip and released the slide forward! This chambered the first round! MISFIRE! I immediately ejected the round and the last two fired no problem! I believe protocol for misfire recovery is to first pop the back of the slide forward with palm of your hand to insure that the slide is seeded properly! I did not do that! I recovered the round that did not fire and inserted it as the first shot in my next sequence! Everything worked as designed! The firearm has less than 100 rounds through her! I've been using the Sig 365 9mm 115 grain ammo! I am seeing the primer drag marks on the spent shells as others have experienced! I'm an old school revolver kinda guy so I'm not even gonna pretend I'm an expert on these new compact semi-autos! Any input from our forum experts on what may have happened will be greatly appreciated! Obviously I'm very reluctant to add this firearm to my concealment rotation! Thanks in advance!!

Retired U.S. Army Vet

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: July 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Frank59...

Don't believe everything you read on the internet about SIG P365 quality control. There's far more people who have no issues than those who report issues. Things can happen with any man made product but I've put almost 600 rds through mine, 115gr, 124gr and 147gr, both fmj and jhp without issue. When I got it I did take it apart and lubed everything up before shooting it. A lot of issues can be reduced with a little bonding and lube. A semi auto needs more attention than does a revolver.

*Was this the first time shooting your P365? You might continue the "break in" with 124gr or 147g instead of 115gr ammunition.
*Was the pistol lubed or shot as is "out of the box"? A light viscosity grease on the slide/frame, especially on a new tight tolerance semi auto pistol, might be better than generic gun oil.
*Did you "ride the slide" when the first round was chambered? It's not uncommon with shooters new to semi auto operation.
*Or did you use the slide stop? KAHR pistols are notorious for failure to return to battery during "break in" and recommend use of the slide stop. I didn't heed that advice and it cost me a lot of money. Many of use prefer to use hand over slide to chamber a round, strong hand pushing forward and weak hand pushing rearward at the same time.
*Did the recovered first round exhibit that the striker had even struck the primer?

Put a few hundred rounds through the P365. I'll bet it'll grow on you. For such a tiny pistol they are very accurate.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Frank59...

Don't believe everything you read on the internet about SIG P365 quality control. There's far more people who have no issues than those who report issues. Things can happen with any man made product but I've put almost 600 rds through mine, 115gr, 124gr and 147gr, both fmj and jhp without issue. When I got it I did take it apart and lubed everything up before shooting it. A lot of issues can be reduced with a little bonding and lube. A semi auto needs more attention than does a revolver.

*Was this the first time shooting your P365? You might continue the "break in" with 124gr or 147g instead of 115gr ammunition.
*Was the pistol lubed or shot as is "out of the box"? A light viscosity grease on the slide/frame, especially on a new tight tolerance semi auto pistol, might be better than generic gun oil.
*Did you "ride the slide" when the first round was chambered? It's not uncommon with shooters new to semi auto operation.
*Or did you use the slide stop? KAHR pistols are notorious for failure to return to battery during "break in" and recommend use of the slide stop. I didn't heed that advice and it cost me a lot of money. Many of use prefer to use hand over slide to chamber a round, strong hand pushing forward and weak hand pushing rearward at the same time.
*Did the recovered first round exhibit that the striker had even struck the primer?

Put a few hundred rounds through the P365. I'll bet it'll grow on you. For such a tiny pistol they are very accurate.
Thank you for responding sir!This was the second time to the range with her. I did field strip and clean then lubed her before firing for the first time like the manual suggested! Because i was executing a close quarter combat drill it is very possible that i may have inadvertently rode the slide. That's exactly what i was thinking when it happened! It did appear that the striker had not hit the primer sir! I will follow your suggestion and use the 124 and 147 grain for awhile. Thinking about the situation now and what you said, my instincts to eject and start fresh were correct. Had i been a fire fight i would have still been shooting! To be honest the instructor was not aware i had a problem until i told him!

Retired U.S. Army Vet

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: July 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Generally, if you have a semi auto that goes click, you hit the bottom of your mag with your weak hand to make sure the mag is fully seated, then you fully rack and release the slide to seat a new round.

The drill for a double feed/ stove pipe stoppage has a few more steps.

If your pistol is functioning fine with 115gr ammo, you can still use that. If you want to make sure it is reliable with different weights, bullet types, and brands, test everything that you may likely use.

Welcome to the forum!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Joined the P365 club today. Made 6-12-18 which I kinda liked - a numbers thing.

Dunhams had one in stock and on sale. No one else did.

I like the Vedder Lighttuck and Clinger V3 Stingray holsters or think I will.

Do they sell spare 10 Rd floor plates? I'm not sure how the extended 10 is going to suit me when I get to shoot it. I'll probably get a 12 just to try at the range.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Picked up mine today, born date, 6/21/18
Only dry fired but bottom of the mags dig the shit into my hand???

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

get the 12 rounders and you will shelf the 10's unless you want it smaller. that being said the very bottom right back Corner of the 10 rounds mags are kind of sharp take a little finger nail file to them and take that edge off it doesn't take much, It makes a big difference to the dig in your palm. I found that tip on utube. I wish I could find a 6/21 just because thats my birthday Smile I would buy another.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

get the 12 rounders and you will shelf the 10's unless you want it smaller. that being said the very bottom right back Corner of the 10 rounds mags are kind of sharp take a little finger nail file to them and take that edge off it doesn't take much, It makes a big difference to the dig in your palm. I found that tip on utube. I wish I could find a 6/21 just because thats my birthday Smile I would buy another.

Already planned to do that myself. Only seems to be the 10 Rd extended.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I had one more thought since I anticipate a thorough breakin trip. Somewhere I have some of the old HKS mag loaders. I think I have one for the 229/40 and another for the 239/9.
Any idea if any of the 365 mags will fit?

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I doubt the P239 pouch will work unless it's leather which you can stretch out. I have an HK double stack single mag pouch that was way to loose for the P365 magazines. I glued a very strong magnet to the inside which secures the P365 magazine well for owb carry. It won't come out until I want it to. However, the magazines are so short that they sit to low in the pouch.

So I made a double (side by side) Kydex pouch for pocket carry which I actually prefer better with the short P365 magazines.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
I doubt the P239 pouch will work unless it's leather which you can stretch out. I have an HK double stack single mag pouch that was way to loose for the P365 magazines. I glued a very strong magnet to the inside which secures the P365 magazine well for owb carry. It won't come out until I want it to. However, the magazines are so short that they sit to low in the pouch.

So I made a double (side by side) Kydex pouch for pocket carry which I actually prefer better with the short P365 magazines.

The question was asking about HKS magazine LOADERs, not pouches. Wink

I have one that works with my 226/229 9mm's. I think the 365 mags are too short to reach the slot for the basepad, so you'd have nothing to stabilize the mag. Uplula's work great, though.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:

The question was asking about HKS magazine LOADERs, not pouches. Wink

I have one that works with my 226/229 9mm's. I think the 365 mags are too short to reach the slot for the basepad, so you'd have nothing to stabilize the mag. Uplula's work great, though.

My mistake, it's a free tip then. Razz I'll second the UPLULA though. No other magazines have been as hard to load as the P365.

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I've been so proud of myself for NOT falling for the lure of the 365 over the course of the past seven months! Five months ago I even purchased two twelve round mags and a rather expensive (for me anyway) fancy handmade leather IWB holster....then cancelled my Brownells order placed way back in January. I watched as various maladies befell the gun and smugly patted myself on the back thinking I'll wait a year when V3 or V4 or V5 is released. Well, I'm here to say that I just can't take it anymore: Kentucky Gun Co. sent me an alert earlier today and I snap-bought-it within seconds. Gotta confess, I'm both excited and ashamed! End of rant. Smile

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Any new gun with the volume of sales like the P365 is going to have a few problems. The good news is that if it's the gun, Sig will fix or replace it. I had a young fellow in one of my classes last week who insisted there were all kinds of problems with this gun that he read about on the internet. He shoots a Glock and yes he spends all his time on Glock sites. I take all this with a grain of salt. Break the gun in, clean and lube it properly, and use quality ammo and it will work. If not, send it back and Sig will take care of it.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Any idea when the cases changed? The early ones look like old Sig cases with latches that go to the side and formed foam.

My latest came in a case that looks smaller, has flip latches and only had eggshell foam with no cutout.

It will disappear into a closet forever anyhow.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Any idea when the cases changed? The early ones look like old Sig cases with latches that go to the side and formed foam.

My latest came in a case that looks smaller, has flip latches and only had eggshell foam with no cutout.

It will disappear into a closet forever anyhow.
I'm sure SIG ran out of the old cases and these are the new ones from the new supplier, the game must continue. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post