SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    B&T USW?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B&T USW? Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
I am actually really tempted to pick one of these up.

-yes it's redic expensive at 2.2k. It is a complete package though as it comes with WML, Aimpoint nano, holster, sling, folding stoxk, 3 mags including a 30rnder, threaded barrel, etc. for example to get an MPX and equip similarly would probably cost in a similar range?
-it seems for a non carry HD situation it's just about as efficient size wise as a standard g17/p30 etc.
-the hand gun is the main HD/bedside weapon for many people for good reason. Portable, one handed if necessary and effective powers for across the hallway range. People also consider PCC or SBR for good reason. More accurate, better distance shooting etc. to me this has almost no negatives to the hand gun but some benefits of the carbine. Mostly longer distance accuracy.

I can still pick up use one handed as a basic handgun. I can flip the stock and increase distance accuracy for
A. Need to take out a coyote or other small animal (not that far fetched in my yard) if I get a suppressor it would be perfect for that)
B. Longest distance line of sight in my house across hallways and a few rooms in probably 20 yards (my house is not big but it's one long ranch)
C. From the street to my front window my front yard covers 30 yards
D. General Swiss awesomeness

Any thoughts forum friends?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My interest in that gun quickly waned after I learned two things. First, it appears that there is no iron rear sight of any kind on this gun, it is nearly useless without an optic. Second, it appears that the Aimpoint Nano is slightly larger than the RMR but has even smaller window. I think that RMR's window is already too small. I am a bit disappointed, expected a little more out of it.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if trigger return spring replacement in these requires return to factory?

Psalm 144:1

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So these are built on Sphinx SDP's?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Yes apparently the base in the sphinx.

I think the fixed bridge optic is pretty cool I am waiting for more guns to go this route eventually.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
These were designed for a specific request of a foreign LE/Military customer. As I've seen it used, its meant for holstered carry in vehicles where it can be used as a pistol inside and then as a rifle outside.

Its a pretty narrow use case and unique firearm so its not going to be practical. Think if it like a smaller, modern version of a TP9 I guess.

In LE/Military guise, its a select-fire as I understand it (like MP9 vs. TP9 options).

I have a TP9 SBR and can confirm its not great at anything except a thigh holstered 'pistol' you can shoulder LOL

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
1) I have reviewed most of b&t's marketing material and it never once mentioned any focus on vehicle use. It's made for standard patrol officer who may not have time to go grab a rifle in a urban European city when a terrorist event happens. (Paris Brussels London etc) its only purpose is to provide a handgun with a more effective (aim not ballistic) range than a standard pistol. Adding the red dot and stock is trying to make possible higher probability of likely hits from 25 yards to 75 yards.

Also B&T has specifically stated it will not be made is select fire as far as I have seen. so I am not sure where you are getting your info.

2) I have 0 interest in this as a CCW so the slight additional bulk has almost no negative to standard handgun.
3) given the lack of any downside any potential upside for increased range/accuracy basically comes at no cost.
4) it clearly will not be as good as a PCC MPX/MP5 etc but it also maintains all the benefit standard handgun as far as basic one handed use and side holster comfort while increasing hit probability from 20-50yards. I have already made a decesion of main HD weapon being a handgun over a PCC/SBR for various reasons so the question is do I get more juice out of it for very little squeeze.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Amurr,

Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
IMHO this is a Giffen good.

Definition: In economics and consumer theory, a Giffen good is a product that people consume more of as the price rises and vice versa—violating the basic law of demand in microeconomics.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I still think they are pretty cool but at this point I decided at over 2k it's probably not going to happen.

I will say I would way rather have this than an agency Arms Glock!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Amurr,

posted Hide Post
quote:

it also maintains all the benefit standard handgun as far as basic one handed use..

Shooting an RDS-mounted handgun one handed, especially in a non-static situation, especially with a small optical window (I started my pistol optic experiments in a pre-RMR era) is a fun exercise in anger management. If you haven't tried it yet, you should.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
If it gets your motor runnin' and scratches an itch, I say go for it!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'll want to put my hands on one before I go too far down the thinking about it road but I am on a B&T addiction role. Just replaced my stolen Sphinx Subcompact too. I just want to handle this hybrid life e child of a B&T and a Sphinx.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post