SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another Dark Elite Adjustable Sight Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Dark Elite Adjustable Sight Question Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Hey all, I was reading the thread down below about the adjustable sights on that fellow's SIG P220 Dark Elite. I had a question about the adjustable sights that came on many of those pistols. Does anybody know who the manufacturer of those adjustable sights was? I called Meprolight and they gave me a part number, but when I researched it it did not look anything like the sites that came from the Sig factory.

I'm looking at picking up a P226 Dark Elite with adjustable rear sights (I may be the only guy on the earth that actually likes these) but in the event that the tritium goes dark, I would like to know if the entire site can be replaced, if the glass capsules inside can be replaced or if I'm simply out of luck.

Again, if anybody knows who the manufacturer was, I would appreciate the information. Like I said, Meprolight had no idea what I was talking about and the part number they gave me, #ML-20110, did not look anything like the Sig's original adjustable rear sight.

Thanks

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
When the Elite Darks first came out, there was some talk that the adjustable rear sight was a SIG Sauer knockoff of the MMC sight.

MMC - Miniature Machine Corp

There was not a lot of love for these sights, because they tended to move from where you adjusted them. YMMV, of course. Good luck finding parts and service for them in the future, especially on a discontinued model.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post