SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For those that carry reloads...what capacity?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those that carry reloads...what capacity? Login/Join 
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Depends on the situation. Preferred and standard carry was a full size with 18 + 1 onboard and a 15 rnd on the side. When the COVID-19 panic started I made an adjustment and now carry the same full size with 18 + 1 onboard, but now carry 2 spare 18 rounders weak-side for a total of 55 rounds.

P226?

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
10+1 in my Sig P365 and a spare 15 round magazine on my hip. No matter what pistol I happen to carry, I ALWAYS have one extra magazine on my person and extra(s) in my vehicle.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually carry a 320C with 15 round mag and standardized on the 17 round full size magazine in an IWB mag pouch. I went with the full size because I occasionally carry my 320F and after a range screw up where I found out that 15 rounder really dosen't work in a full size pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
P365 with a flush 10 rounder in the pistol and a spare 12 rounder in my pocket.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Depends on the situation. Preferred and standard carry was a full size with 18 + 1 onboard and a 15 rnd on the side. When the COVID-19 panic started I made an adjustment and now carry the same full size with 18 + 1 onboard, but now carry 2 spare 18 rounders weak-side for a total of 55 rounds.

P226?

Yes sir. I realize that this means that I'm a throw back relic but I figure, go with what you know and go with what has worked for me for decades.

The day may come when I'll have to make a change...but it ain't here yet. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I'd be right there with you if I was allowed to carry in CA.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
P365 with a 12 plus 1 and a 15 rounder in my pocket.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Greetings, good sir! Usual carry is a 1911; always at least 1 spare, standard-capacity magazine and often 2.

If carrying a revolver, at least one reload and, again, often 2.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 carried with a flush fit magazine.
Glock 19 magazine carried as back up mag.

The G19 mag is much easier to retrieve from front pocket, and also faster and smoother to insert into mag well... the extra length (vs shorter 10 rd mag) also carries better in my pocket, as it sits up straighter and doesn't "fall" over.

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Standard magazine.... which in my case is 7 rounds... (Sig P239 in 357)

I think the spare magazine is more likely going to be for a malfunction than for an actual reload. At least that is how I was trained.

(need to 'index' the top round before inserting the spare magazine)

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Once I get a good carry holster I will carry my G19x with a single G17 17 round mag as a reload. I am leaving the 19 rounders for my Ruger Carbine.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weight is an important consideration for me. One of my favorite carrys is the G42 with spare mag in a Snagmag.

But that's just 6 rounds (I have a couple that hold 7, but I don't trust them like the OEMs).

My P365 XL is great with the Romeo Zero and another spare 12 rounder in a Snagmag or similar.

My plain old P365, probably my 2nd favorite has a 10 rounder in the gun and a 12 rounder in a pocket carrier.

These combos are the best compromise I can come up with as I am in shorts and a T=shirt almost all the time. Weight is important, at least to me.

Bob

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My usual carry around my local area is a five-inch 1911 in either .45 ACP or 10mm with one spare magazine carried on my belt. I also carry a Sig P938 9mm in my front pocket with a spare magazine.

If I go to the big city, I switch the 1911 for a Glock G35 .40 S&W or an SA XDM in either .40 S&W or 10mm with two spare magazines on my belt.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I carry a G26 so my reloads are 10 round magazines.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
G26 + spare G19 mag with Xgrip mag adapter.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
For the 365 that I carry daily, I keep a fifteen round magazine for it on my belt.

For other, full size EDC guns, multiple reloads of their standard capacity are carried.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
My off duty Sig P320 subcompact carries 12+1. My spare off duty magazine holds 17. I have some 21 round mags but they are in my duty belt.

That said, in the past I carried my little Taurus M85 with a single speed strip in my pocket and felt perfectly fine... but not lately.

quote:
after a range screw up where I found out that 15 rounder really dosen't

Yep. I occasionally carry my full size and I don’t have to remember to change spare magazines.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
A few neighbors and I were discussing reloads the other day, in light of the recent craziness, and the topic of reload capacity came up.

One of my neighbors carries a Glock 26 as his primary EDC pistol. When he carries a reload, it's usually another 10 round G26 magazine. I asked why not a 15 or 17 round mag - and after a few seconds you could see it finally clicked that "yeah, I can carry more rounds".

So for those that carry reloads, what capacity do you carry?

The standard capacity for the pistol?
(E.g. - a 15 round mag for a Glock 19)

The greatest capacity for the platform?
(17 round mag in a G19)

Mag extensions?
(+2, etc.)

Multiple standard mags?

I carry off body. Sig 229 357 sig 13 +2 and 4 additional mags 15 each also spare recoil spring and other assorted stuff compass and tweezers and small pepper spray canister. Can i get into operation in less than 5 seconds, yes otherwise 627 Smith snubby 8 shot 357 mag and 4 8 shot moon clips. I don’t go into Seattle, no reason to anymore. What I do wonder is where have the homeless camps and bums gone and where to 4000 rioters go to the bathroom, where do they sleep and where the hell did they come from Not Seattle 90 percent of them.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
A few neighbors and I were discussing reloads the other day, in light of the recent craziness, and the topic of reload capacity came up.

One of my neighbors carries a Glock 26 as his primary EDC pistol. When he carries a reload, it's usually another 10 round G26 magazine. I asked why not a 15 or 17 round mag - and after a few seconds you could see it finally clicked that "yeah, I can carry more rounds".

So for those that carry reloads, what capacity do you carry?

The standard capacity for the pistol?
(E.g. - a 15 round mag for a Glock 19)

The greatest capacity for the platform?
(17 round mag in a G19)

Mag extensions?
(+2, etc.)

Multiple standard mags?

I carry off body. Sig 229 357 sig 13 +2 and 4 additional mags 15 each also spare recoil spring and other assorted stuff compass and tweezers and small pepper spray canister. Can i get into operation in less than 5 seconds, yes otherwise 627 Smith snubby 8 shot 357 mag and 4 8 shot moon clips. I don’t go into Seattle, no reason to anymore. What I do wonder is where have the homeless camps and bums gone and where do 4000 rioters go to the bathroom, where do they sleep and where the hell did they come from Not Seattle 90 percent of them.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old226
posted Hide Post
Reading this post reminded me of the good old days.

Being a New Yorker, now days I carry a 10 rounder in my P228 with two 10 rounders as spares. I may have even traded my preban factory mags to some of you for your 10 rounders...hmmm

On my 1911-days it's a flush 7 rounder with two 8 rounders as spares.

Tools of the Trade: WG P226, P228, P229 SAS Gen II, Para P16, S&W 610, Springfield 1911 (Les Baer) 10mm, EMP .40S&W & Ed Brown Executive Carry 45acp

Posts: 168 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post