SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Langdon LTT vs SigArmorer M11 A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Langdon LTT vs SigArmorer M11 A1 Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
Shooting Langdon Berettas has helped steer me away from striker fired back to DA/SA. I have a LTT, Px4 Full and Compact with Langdon Trigger Jobs. I carry the Compact Carry most of the time. I just traded a Glock 19 for a M11 A1. The Trigger on the Sig felt terrible, but I know it’s because I’ve been spoiled by my Langdon Berettas. I’ve asked the SigArmorer to do his competition action work on the M11. He says it will be better than my Berettas when he’s done! Robert has done carry action jobs on several of my Sigs and I’ve been very happy with his work. I’m looking forward to seeing if his M11 will equal or beat my LTT! I have an Rx slide to put on the M11 and will make that my carry gun if it Rivals my Berettas. I’m anticipating getting my Sig back in a few weeks “Bigley”. Those who are familiar with these 2 platforms and skilled gunsmiths, who will win? I think I’ll be the true winner!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've had WC Beretta Brigadier with action tuned, Grayguns worked SIGs, CZs from CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works, German Mastershop SIGs. And, for me, and me only, Robert's works are just better. Ymmv.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they'll both be great in their own right.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
LTT Beretta. Langdons work revolutionized Beretta as we know it today. The WC guns are a direct result of his input as well. You can’t compare that to someone who gunsmiths in any sort of head to head comparison.

It’s like comparing Van Gough and a guy that paints houses for a living because they both do great work.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Triggers are subjective to their users.
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
LTT Beretta. Langdons work revolutionized Beretta as we know it today. The WC guns are a direct result of his input as well. You can’t compare that to someone who gunsmiths in any sort of head to head comparison.

It’s like comparing Van Gough and a guy that paints houses for a living because they both do great work.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert did the trigger work on my old 226. The SA is comparable to my tuned 1911s.
$$$ well spent!
Great communication and pretty quick turnaround, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an X5 AO tuned by Robert, and a 92c with LTT trigger job in a bag. The guns are wildly different. I hesitate to make a direct comparison. I like the 92 da smoothness better, the length of the pull not so much. The X5AO has it beat in DA pull length. The X5 SA trigger is very good, As is the LTT trigger job in a bag. Truth be told, i think the X5 AO SA trigger just a bit squidgy when comprared the the 92c LTT trigger in a bag Single action.

So, for me LTT Trigger in bag hands down. That being said, you are comparing two completely different gun designs. If LTT was providing a TIAB for p226,x5,229's I would want to give it a go. Since he is not, i will bet the difference i feel between the two is simply due to the design of the two pistols.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 10's of thousands of rounds through my P226 Legion and Wilson Brig Tac.

Man, the lock time on the Brig Tac is LOOONNNNNGGGG. It is certainly smoother than my P226, but it is too long for me to draw and prep while pushing towards the target.

I'm quite a lot quicker with the Sig.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenDragoon:
I have 10's of thousands of rounds through my P226 Legion and Wilson Brig Tac.

Man, the lock time on the Brig Tac is LOOONNNNNGGGG. It is certainly smoother than my P226, but it is too long for me to draw and prep while pushing towards the target.

I'm quite a lot quicker with the Sig.

This is a interesting post. This happens to me, too, with my Beretta M9A3 and 2003-era P226. I'm just quicker with the Sig. Mind you, my M9A3 and P226 don't have even remotely the quality of trigger pulls that Earnest and Robert can provide, but they're not bad, either. I'm just faster with the P226.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just when I'd talked myself out of an LTT!!

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I'm just faster with the P226.

I have to ask if that is confirmation bias. I ask because I too am much faster with a P226. I bought $1500 worth of CZ Shadow 2. Stoked with all kinds of Apex goodies. Shooting standardized drills I am faster with a stock P226.

I think it may be a familiarity thing.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I'm just faster with the P226.

I have to ask if that is confirmation bias. I ask because I too am much faster with a P226. I bought $1500 worth of CZ Shadow 2. Stoked with all kinds of Apex goodies. Shooting standardized drills I am faster with a stock P226.

I think it may be a familiarity thing.

Mea culpa, Jerry. It probably is some confirmation bias on my part. I don't have any empirical data (yet!) from my timer to completely back up my conclusion, and it's mainly by "feel." You're right, I'm much more at home with my P226 than I am my M9A3, but the trigger pull is SO LONG on the M9A3 (though not at all bad), it just "feels" like I'm slower in all facets with the M9A3 when compared to the P226. I know that I am, but I will get out the timer to verify it.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I got my M11 A1 back from Robert with about a 2 week turn around time! I compared the Trigger pulls between my LTT and Px4 with Langdon Trigger job to the M11. The DA pulls on the Berettas are both lighter with more of a rolling thru the pull sensation when compared to the Sig. The Sig is very nice, but feels heavier. The SA pull on the Sig is incredible and combined with the SRT makes for a joy when shooting follow ups. The Langdon SA pull is great, but not as crisp as the Sig. I got the M11 to combine with an RX slide, so shooting was done with that in place. Cheating for the Sig, but a practical test. Shooting the Sig at 1 inch targets at 7 yards, I didn’t miss until I got lazy at about 40 rounds. That was shooting both DA and SA. The Beretta was almost as good, but not quite. The red dot is the main reason for me getting the M11, and it seems that I shoot it just fine. Even though the LTT DA feels better, the Sig matches it in performance. Either way, I’m very happy with my Sig Armorer M11 A1 Rx and will make it my carry gun when I want to carry a red dot. I’m now converted back to DA/SA for EDC but of course that may/will probably change in the future. It’s a wonderful time to have so many great options.

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Robert's SA action job is simply incredible.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Langdon will win. He doesn't half step on anything.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Shoot all three with a chrono. Split times don’t lie and The compared results will answer your questions.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I shot the M11 again without the red dot. Having trouble missing in either DA or SA. Functionally the best shooting gun of this type I’ve ever tried. Thanks SigArmorer.