SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 X-Carry in the wild! (well till I bought it)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 X-Carry in the wild! (well till I bought it) Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted
Called a local shop looking for a 320 X5 and they said "Sorry we sold the X5 but we do have an X-Carry in stock". I re-confirmed they said X-Carry then beat feet over to the shop. We'll in short it came home with me.

Initial impression is that it feels good in the hand. Trigger is better than my other 320's including the one that already had it's factory recall/updgrade. The slide release and takedown lever are a lower profile. Side by side with a 320 compact the grip length is obviously a little longer, but only about the height of the magazine butt plate. It uses the fullsize 17rd mags so it's impressive they were able to pull that off and only be slightly taller than the 320 Compact grip. It came with three 17rd mags. Price was $749. Hope to have a range report tomorrow afternoon.

I've included pics of it with the 320 compact.

In the below pic the X-Carry is under the 320 compact.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I can't wait to hear how the X-Carry shoots compared to the 320.

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Nice! It looks like the tang/beaver tail is a lot higher, further forward than the standard Compact. How does the grip feel? I haven't seen one in the wild yet, but the more rounded grip looks more comfortable, but I like that backstrap.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
To me, the grip looks much taller than the compact.

quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Nice! It looks like the tang/beaver tail is a lot higher, further forward than the standard Compact. How does the grip feel? I haven't seen one in the wild yet, but the more rounded grip looks more comfortable, but I like that backstrap.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I didn't make it to the range today. Hopefully in a day or two.

quote:
How does the grip feel?

While it fills the hand for it's height, it seems slimmer than the 320 Compact grip. Has a similar feel to the E2 style grip on the classic pistols.

quote:
To me, the grip looks much taller than the compact.

I agree it does look that way but look at the 2nd pic I posted and you will see it's not much taller.

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Hit the indoor range this morning and put 100rds through it. Function was flawless and below you can see a pic of the 1st mag I put through it (Ammo was American Eagle 115gr FMJ). This was done at 10 yards.

I shot it better than my 320 Compact that I just got back from the trigger recall. I did shoot several brands of ammo, including WWB, UMC Remington and American Eagle.

Overall, recoil seemed less with the X-Carry but I'm sure that's just my imagination. I was very happy with it on this range trip.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Did your X-Carry come with the "upgrade" already performed? You can't tell by the trigger on this one but you should see the disconnect groove milled in the slide.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang! That's awesome! CongratsSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What kind of RMR / RDS can it fit? Romeos only?

How does that work with the sights currently installed?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did your X-Carry come with the "upgrade" already performed?

Yes it did. It's born on date is 11/7/2017 so it was done during production.

quote:
What kind of RMR / RDS can it fit? Romeos only?

Romeo only. Not a big deal as I have no intention of putting one on anytime soon. If you do fit one, the plate with the rear sight is removed so you won't have a rear sight anymore.

At this point I can't get into the RMR thing. I'm perfectly happy shooting with regular sights.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Thanks - I was just curious with the plate under the sights.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
FYI, that optic plate looks to be the same as the one on the fullsize 320-X5. Springer makes adapter plates for all the major brands of red dot, so you're not stuck with the Romeo1.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
FYI, that optic plate looks to be the same as the one on the fullsize 320-X5. Springer makes adapter plates for all the major brands of red dot, so you're not stuck with the Romeo1.

Good news. I wasn't aware. Thanks!!!

posted Hide Post
Impatiently awaiting the arrival of my 320 X5 and Romeo 1. Shot one about 3 months ago and the red dot was awesome....

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I played with one at my LGS.
The trigger was pretty so-so but the grip module was a huge improvement over the standard P320.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up today it has a end of Nov build date the cut was made and then sent to finish area Ijust got to clean the packing oil from it a reoil , also dug out my Galco black open top leather holster for it and a Desantis speed scabbard both are a perfect fit .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one a few weeks ago. The grip fits my hand perfectly (but the hand is pretty wide with slightly short thick fingers) and it shoots great. I've been dunning the holster mfs, but no luck so far.

Posts: 15 | Registered: October 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Been carrying mine for the past 2 days and it carries as easy as my P320 Compact.

As far as anyone wondering about holsters it fits all of my P320 Compact holsters just fine.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
If anyone is looking, a bunch just came available on Gallery of Guns. Price depends on your local dealers, $730 + tax around here.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/g...px?item=798681568246

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Been carrying mine for the past 2 days and it carries as easy as my P320 Compact.

As far as anyone wondering about holsters it fits all of my P320 Compact holsters just fine.

Thank you, i was hoping someone had both to comment on holsters, need some for my x-carry, and i am glad to know the compacts work just fine.

"We beg you, please don't squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us" 2 Cor. 6:1 The Message

Posts: 774 | Location: FL, USA | Registered: February 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post