SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk me out of Sig 1911 in .357 Sig
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk me out of Sig 1911 in .357 Sig Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Alright, so the local fun store has a Sig 1911 Nightmare Fastback Carry (who the hell comes up with these names?) in .357 Sig. I really have no practical need for it, it really doesn't fill any gaps in the carry rotation or does anything that I don't already have something else for, but yet I'm somehow drawn to it.

I already have a couple of commander sized alloy framed 1911's in .45ACP hat are lighter and more suitably for carry. I've got a gov't sized 1911 in 10mm that packs more punch that the .357 Sig. But yet, I'm still digging the idea of getting a .357 Sig to play with and I like 1911's...

So what say the all knowing oracle of knowledge that is SigForum?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No, I'm not going to talk you out of it. I want one, and I don't even like 1911s. Thank Talo an M17 Bravo popped up last week and soaked up the "mad money" in my cowboy boot.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have a 5” XO model, a plain version of the TacOps. I really like this gun! It shoots great, not a lot of recoil in this size gun, is somewhat unique and I like the cartridge.

I’d say buy it!

I am looking at putting a 40 S&W barrel in it for USPSA games only as .357 Sig doesn’t fit the categories very well.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like it, buy it.
I love the 1911 platform. And, you can always convert to .40 or 10 mm ???

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Buy it! I've got a full size Nighthawk in 357sig and love it!!! Cycles fast, but flat with little muzzle rise.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 5" Nightmare and really like it. Do you reload? The 1911 allows you to long load the 357 SIG cartridge, no more concerns about the bullet profile in regards to maintaining cartridge OAL and bullet setback.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Sounds pretty sweet. I say buy it!

(You came to the wrong place to talk you out of buying a gun.). But I think you already knew that before you posted. Wink

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Riley- I have a TacOps 1911 in .357 Sig and have looked for a .40 barrel without any luck. If you find one please post that information.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I love my 1911 tacops in .357. Got a .40 barrel fitted for it. Major fun gun and with the 357 barrel I carried it every now and again. Went through a one day class at SIG Academy with the 357 and it performed perfectly.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Let me be in the minority and say no. I really like 1911's also. If it were me, I would get 38 super instead of the .357 Sig.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is buy.
Been keeping an eye out for one myself.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
You really do need it whether you know it or not,and 357 Sig to boot.

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
1911 in 357 Sig is a marriage made in heaven. Buy it.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
1911 in 357 Sig is a marriage made in heaven. Buy it.

This....I have talked myself out of one several times ONLY because I do not want to stock a new ammo.

But you team a great trigger with a flat shooting powerful round....dare I say with a 5" barrel it may be the perfect two legged critter SD pistol.

Ok slight stretch but still damned good.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say no. NO! You have enough damn pistols already! Buy your wife a new wedding band with six or eight carats worth of diamonds sprinkled around it and a big honkin' stone in the middle. Or give her that trip to Budapest she's been wanting. Or grab a buddy and go flyfishing for a couple weeks in Wyoming come spring.

Another pistol ain't gonna do it...

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
357 magnum? I would vote no.

Why invite issues when there is the 38 super?

It’s the natural fit for the platform.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
.357 SIG, not magnum. Smile

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
.357 SIG, not magnum. Smile

Gotcha. You’re right of course.

Still....what is the ratio of 1911 smiths that work on a 357 sig vs a super? IDK. I’d go 38 super.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I don't go to the meetings, but if I did I would still tell you to buy it... Razz

More toys are always better... Big Grin

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to think of a reason NOT to buy it and I can't think of any.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post