SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220st headed off to Robar need grip/sight recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220st headed off to Robar need grip/sight recommendations Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Sig P220st from a forum member that had its fair share of surface rust/little problems and now it’s sitting at Robar to get their Np3 finish on it. Just looking for recommendations on grips and sights for it to finish it off and make this P220st great again!

Ps obviously it was no surprise it had issues with rust and stuff so this is by no means a bash on the member I bought it from he was a stand-up guy.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I put Siglites & Rosewood grips on mine and I think it looks really good.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That does look good

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you. From your description it almost sounds like you have a blued ST?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No it’s a silver stainless looks a lot like the one above but not as pretty. Ugly beat up rubber grips. Wish I would have taken a picture of it before dropping it off at Robar, but I didn’t.

Here is a link to what looks like the same batch of guns. Mine had rubber grips instead of the plastic ones, but same basic thing.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...210009844#1210009844

Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Trijicon HD XR sights.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I prefer Warren Tactical rear sights, either with a big dot or trijicon front sight.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Gotta ask, why not just have surface media blasted back to stock condition?
Removes the light scratches & rust pitting.
Of course it’s your pistol & you didn’t post any pics as to condition/ damage, nor was it even the topic of the thread... but it’s kinda like putting vinyl siding over brick.

Anyway,
As to the grips, I’ve had Blackwood grips on mine.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the rosewood on the stainless. That 229 with the rosewood is great looking. And why refinish? Wanted to do something new... I have a handful of stainless/nickel finishes and when I buy them the finishes are usually too good to alter, but since this one needed a little love I figured it was a fun project to try something new.

Ehh it takes 8-12 weeks anyways so I’ve got a little time to decide because the Blackwood looks good too.... so many choices