SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by turtlebaykid:
Customer Service refused to take another look at it, so I'm on my own.

How is the gun functioning now after you got the slide off?

If the gun isn’t functioning properly, including allowing the slide to be removed as it should, then I’d call back and politely explain that it’s not working and it needs to be fixed.

If the gun is functioning properly ….

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by turtlebaykid:
Customer Service refused to take another look at it, so I'm on my own.

How is the gun functioning now after you got the slide off?

If the gun isn’t functioning properly, including allowing the slide to be removed as it should, then I’d call back and politely explain that it’s not working and it needs to be fixed.

If the gun is functioning properly ….

The pistol appears to function (except for slide removal), but I haven't fired it yet. SIG evidently fired it at the factory, because it was clean when I sent it, but is now dirty.

I've been through all of this with Customer Service, and I was polite. The CS rep said that the gun has to "break in" the new parts. They would not discuss it further.

TBK

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been through all of this with Customer Service, and I was polite. The CS rep said that the gun has to "break in" the new parts. They would not discuss it further.

When I encounter curt, script reading, or unknowledgeable CS I usually just call back until I get someone that I feel comfortable with. You might try again.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a photo of the milling for the disconnector. The disconnector has to come out of the "home" position, ride on the narrow rail, and then wind up on the bottom of the slide. There are two jumps it has to make and they are not smoothed edges. They are sharp. What will this do to the disconnector over time? Only the shadow knows (and he's not too sure).

The distance the slide must move before the disconnector is depressed enough to perform it's function is approximately 1.5 inches. That is not a typo. This gun is definitely out of time. Just want people to know what to expect.

TBK

Sig.P320.slide.02

This message has been edited. Last edited by: turtlebaykid,

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may have already been addressed and I apologize if it has. I saw a video on YouTube of someone causing the gun to fire by hitting the back of the slide with a hammer. The trigger doesn't appear to move so you can't blame the weight of the trigger in this case. Would the other modifications they're making in addition to the lighter trigger prevent the gun from firing during the hammer test?

Posts: 131 | Registered: January 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on LE P320’s yet?

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can say that getting my slide off was easier than getting it back on after the upgrade. But after several trips to the range, ~1000 rounds, and multiple cleanings, it's much easier.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
When did you guys who are still waiting register for the upgrade? I did mine as soon as it was announced.

I registered the very morning they opened it up at 09:08am. Got my shipping e-mail around Oct 13th.

Sig signed for it on Oct 17th. 27 days now and have heard nothing..

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Signed up for it on first day it opened.

Shipped to Sig on 10/26, and received it back today, 11/13.

Included in the case was a Sig sticker, and a coupon card for 25% off my next order at the Sig store.

Haven't shot it yet but I'm happy with the trigger just dry firing it.

Still havent heard anything about sending in my LE 320 yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarms229,

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:

Shipped to Sig on 10/26, and received it back today, 10/13.

Included in the case was a Sig sticker, and a coupon card for 25% off my next order at the Sig store.

Gotta love time travel. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USCO160:
Any word on LE P320’s yet?

I don't think anyone has...we're at the back of the line it feels like...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta love time travel.

LOL, thanks. I fixed it Wink

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LDB
posted Hide Post
I was going to read the G&A article linked on page 1 until they shoved the stupid Weinermobile commercial in there and the X wouldn't get rid of it. Anyone know of a source to the text without commercials?

-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
-----
Common sense isn't "right wing" unless you are too far to the left.
-----
P220 .38 Super
P225 9mm

Posts: 151 | Location: Greater Houston | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

Shipped to Sig on 10/26, and received it back today, 10/13.

Gotta love time travel. Big Grin

Less anxiety...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDB:
I was going to read the G&A article linked on page 1 until they shoved the stupid Weinermobile commercial in there and the X wouldn't get rid of it. Anyone know of a source to the text without commercials?

Odd, when I click the link I just get the G&A article and nothing else. I have my Firefox browser buttoned down with no popups and some other browser tweaks. That could be why I get the page with no crap displayed.

Also, try the link again. When Oscar Mayer or the Anthony Weiner Razz Weinermobile thing pops up, just hit Refresh or ctrl-key F5. Sometimes that clears junk if it's programmed to pop up only once.

Same link as Page 1:
http://www.gunsandammo.com/new...ervice-announcement/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Received the below email today on my LE Purchase 320.

quote:

Dear John,

We are sending you this email because we have received your online submission for the P320 Voluntary Upgrade Program as a member of US Law Enforcement, or US Federal Agent / Military.

We have reviewed your submission and for serial number ********, you have identified this firearm is NOT your primary duty weapon.

We require NO FURTHER ACTION on your part. In the next few weeks, you will receive communication from us with a prepaid shipping label and instructions for returning your pistol and/or any P320 caliber exchange kits that you may have.
If the above listed serial number IS a primary duty weapon, please email us at one of the addresses below by 5:00pm EST on Friday, November 17 so we can update your request.

For US Federal Agent / Military: defensestrategiesgroup@sigsauer.com
For State or Local Law Enforcement: publicsafetysales@sigsauer.com

Thank you!

SIG SAUER

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Received the below email today on my LE Purchase 320.

quote:

Dear John,

We are sending you this email because we have received your online submission for the P320 Voluntary Upgrade Program as a member of US Law Enforcement, or US Federal Agent / Military.

We have reviewed your submission and for serial number ********, you have identified this firearm is NOT your primary duty weapon.

We require NO FURTHER ACTION on your part. In the next few weeks, you will receive communication from us with a prepaid shipping label and instructions for returning your pistol and/or any P320 caliber exchange kits that you may have.
If the above listed serial number IS a primary duty weapon, please email us at one of the addresses below by 5:00pm EST on Friday, November 17 so we can update your request.

For US Federal Agent / Military: defensestrategiesgroup@sigsauer.com
For State or Local Law Enforcement: publicsafetysales@sigsauer.com

Thank you!

SIG SAUER

Same here

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I got the same email today for my P320c.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea I got that same email about 4 hours ago, finally some good news for the LEO owners

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one of mine back. The bronze compact. Observation time.

They did scratch it. Nice Z shape on side of slide. Gun disassembles stiffer but not anything unexpected since the disconnector is riding in there. Harder to reassemble. Kid of like old S&W autos where you have to push all the junk down and wriggle it around to get it to budge. No big deal. Trigger looks painfully thin, looks like it could break, of course that is completely aesthetic and it feels the same on my finger. Trigger pull feels roughly the same. Maybe slightly less crisp but that could be my imagination. No complaint on pull. What has changed is the reset. Completely different animal. Very distinct, very tactile, very audible. I like that part much better.

I will lube up that slide cut and shoot it tomorrow. Expecting zero issues. Nice job Sig.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post