SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Does Sig notify you when they receive the gun for the upgrade?

Mine got there on Thursday, 1-18, but I didn't get any email from Sig. FEDEX Tracking said dropped off at noon.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Your only verification that SIG receives it is through your FedEx tracking number.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
Your only verification that SIG receives it is through your FedEx tracking number.

Thank you. I'm an old worry-wart.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Well shit.

Seems I missed the part about including the form attached to the email saying they are ready for me and the shipping label was coming.

Dropped my P320's off today at FedEx. Guess I will be calling Sig tomorrow to see what they say.

They are all in original boxes and I did my own "Here is my Sig S/N..." note in each box noting what accessory was included (X-change kit) or changes had been made to the firearm (Subcompact slide on my Compact, with a cutdown grip)

Will I ever see them again?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
Sent my 320 in yesterday afternoon, it was received at SIG at 10:00 AM this morning.
Now I wait to see how long it takes to get it back. Soon I hope.

Update...Got my return notice from SIG on Friday. Just checked FedEx, it's on the truck for delivery today!
Took 20 days total, not too bad.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Quick/painless process overall. I had two FS p320s and a 357c and a 9c conversion kit done. Put 400 rounds down range between them yesterday, two thumbs up, all performed very well.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Called Sig this morning, they said it would be ok. Evidently I am not the first moron to not read the directions...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Called Sig this morning, they said it would be ok. Evidently I am not the first moron to not read the directions...

I'm figuring they built that "fudge factor" into their estimate of turn around time

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

I'm figuring they built that "fudge factor" into their estimate of turn around time

They emailed me guess they didn’t like my address , I never get mail to my house, ups store is so much better to own a box. And u get a real address for most part. But was told I need to find a ffl, so not sure what’s next

Posts: 50 | Location: florida | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by talon282:
But was told I need to find a ffl, so not sure what’s next
Sounds like you'll be finding an FFL to receive your pistol back.

I'm pretty sure that they spelled out in the original solicitation that a condition of taking part in the program was that they would only return it to your home and that you needed to be there to sign for it

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
So for those of us in Connecticut, you're going to have to bring your P320s to an FFL to be forwarded to SIG for the Voluntary Upgrade. It will be returned to the same FFL for you to pick up.

We are not being charged for shipping or any transfer fees. I'm assuming we will not have to go through the 4473 stuff, but in Connecticut, you never know.

Here is the email sent from SIG to those in Connecticut who filled out the online Voluntary Upgrade form. It was sent out on Jan. 17.

quote:
Dear SIG SAUER Customer,

Thank you for registering for our 320 Voluntary Upgrade Program. After the program began, we became aware of some compliance concerns in Connecticut with regard to the return of firearms from a manufacturer directly to a consumer. As we looked into this further, returns from Connecticut were delayed, but we have come to a resolution where you can bring your P320 to a dealer to return it on your behalf.

To ease the burden on your end, we have talked to a number of our top dealers in your state to explain the situation and get them on board with facilitating this transaction. Below is a list of these dealers that will be more than willing to send in your 320 for the Voluntary Upgrade Program. We recommend that you bring your pistol to one of these dealers so that they can set up the work order and send the pistol to us. The pistol will then be returned to the dealer for you to pick up without any costs or transfer fees.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact SIG SAUER Customer Service at 603-610-3000 option 1. Customer Service is open Monday-Friday from 830-6pm EST and will be happy to assist you. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience throughout this process.

Hoffman's Gun Center
2686 Berlin Tpke, Newington, CT 06111

Newington Gun Exchange
210 Market Square, Newington, CT 06111

Delta Arsenal
342 Quinnipiac St, Bldg 8, Wallingford, CT 06492

Housatonic Valley Firearms
331 Kent Rd, New Milford, CT 06776

Park City Tactical
1918 Stratford Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06607

Greyson Guns
543-545 Boston Post Rd, Orange, CT 06477

Bass Pro Shops
1 Bass Pro Drive, Bridgeport, CT 06608

Cabela's
475 East Hartford Blvd. North, East Hartford, CT 06118

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sent mine in and it was received the 12th. Got it back yesterday. Came back dripping in oil. Trigger feels ok. Leaving to a business retreat today so won't get to range test till next weekend.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent my P320 and 2 conversion slides to Sig on Jan. 4...got them back Jan. 26. Got some goodies with it and the original P320 came back with a new barrel. I think Sig is going above an beyond with this upgrade! The trigger feels better than the one I had originally! Will be test firing it soon...hopefully today.

Jimmers
Lakeway, Texas
"The first casualty of war is Truth" (Aeschylus)

Posts: 52 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first 320 upgrade took about 9 days door to door. My LEO compact has taken a little longer.
1/4/18 email to ship it to Sig.
1/26/18 email from Sig advising they are done and shipping back. Ill have it Tuesday 1/30/18.
Not bad with all things considering. I look forward to start carrying my compact again.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems I missed the part about including the form attached to the email saying they are ready for me and the shipping label was coming.

Not a big deal. your note will serve the same purpose. My first shipment didn't contain their receipt. totally forgot about it.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Mine has been shipped off to the wrong address.

Someone keyed in the wrong zip code after they verified the address with me. I have the emails where my correct address was verified two weeks before return PDF'd and the FedEx notification with the indication at the bottom that the address was manually changed to the wrong one at shipment.

They don't act too concerned over it being sent to the wrong address to godknowswho.

My very first experience with Sig warranty and customer service has been unacceptable.

I figured at the first sign of real trouble, I would have been handed off to someone higher up the food chain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any issues with the x carry?

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have several P320s and really like them. Right now, my X-Carry is at SIG. I am interested to find out what caused my issue.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...580065634#2580065634

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Got my FS 45 back from Sig today, after 22 days. I have to say, I'm underwhelmed by the new trigger. The original trigger was almost 1911-like, short and crisp. Far and away the best striker trigger I've ever felt. The new trigger is kinda squishy, with lots of take-up, followed by fair amount of creep. It is now on par with some of my other striker guns.

Hopefully it will improve with use.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They intercepted the shipment in Macon and it is going back to Sig.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post