SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
Why is that? If Sig is advised that the pistol is going to be sold to another person, why would they not be able to have it upgraded if they contact Sig after the fact? There appear to be a number of persons who are wanting non upgraded P320's as it is. The pistol is listed as being a non upgraded model and I am not misleading anybody by posting it. Wanna buy it?

People do seem to want non-upgraded pistols, but how many people have sold them, after activating the RMA but not following through?

If you're going to sell it, at least call Sig and ask them whether the buyer will have an issue, should that buyer want to upgrade the pistol.

This is just due diligence to not cause a buyer inconvenience down the road. Or you could just wait, send it, and see if you like it.

Peoples times to get the RMA, and how long the turnaround is, have varied wildly. I didn't get mine for quite some time. Who knows how long they'll have it for.

If you can't wait 3 months, you're going to have a hard time buying a lot of firearms products and services.

Yes, this is why I indicated that Sig and the Buyer would both be advised prior to any sale or trade. Knock on wood, after buying firearms since 1990, this is actually the first pistol I have needed to return to a manufacturer. If it sells or is traded, great. If not, it will simply remain in the gun safe until Sig sends a shipping label. Personally, I am not thrilled about having a pistol milled after it has been finished. I am assuming that the milled areas of the slide are left bare metal?

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is left as bare metal. But it is a stainless steel slide. There are plenty of stainless steel handguns that are completely unfinished.

And there should be at least some lubrication in the pocket milled for the disconnector since the head of the disconnector rides in it and there is some friction.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I posted on page 18 that my gun has been out for nearly a month. Well, I got the return ship notification today, almost exactly a month.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I sent mine Dec 29th and just got notification for delivery back to me.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Why is that? If Sig is advised that the pistol is going to be sold to another person, why would they not be able to have it upgraded if they contact Sig after the fact? There appear to be a number of persons who are wanting non upgraded P320's as it is. The pistol is listed as being a non upgraded model and I am not misleading anybody by posting it. Wanna buy it?

People do seem to want non-upgraded pistols, but how many people have sold them, after activating the RMA but not following through?

If you're going to sell it, at least call Sig and ask them whether the buyer will have an issue, should that buyer want to upgrade the pistol.

This is just due diligence to not cause a buyer inconvenience down the road. Or you could just wait, send it, and see if you like it.

Peoples times to get the RMA, and how long the turnaround is, have varied wildly. I didn't get mine for quite some time. Who knows how long they'll have it for.

If you can't wait 3 months, you're going to have a hard time buying a lot of firearms products and services.

I just got off the phone with Sig Customer Service. The gentleman advised that there would be zero issues with a second owner having a P320 upgraded even though mine is still waiting to be processed. This is what I had suspected to be the case, but given the situation, it is best to confirm. After this one is gone, I will probably wait a couple years and then look at a full size model.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just put 50 rounds through my post-update 357Sig P320C. Shoots just as well as it did before, but the trigger has a bit more sting to the trigger finger that I don't recall pre-upgrade.

Shot my co-worker's .40 Stoeger Cougar & it shoots like a soft 9mm by comparison.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Going to re-sticky this for a while so people can find it. Post your upgrade questions, and anything you've learned from Sig here instead of starting a new thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I told you's when I got my 320 full size back I wasn't happy because of the trigger lbs.! Went to the range and it took some rounds and said ah ok I can deal with it . Well took it home, stripped and cleaned . I remember a old shooting brother told me to take some ballistal and lube REALY good and take a hair dryer and warm it up good wipe down this gun I had and it will help ! Well I did it to the 320 trigger etc.. And it really help so I'm happy again very nice !!!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: N.H. | Registered: January 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just sold the P320. Do you think it would be prudent to call Sig again and have them simply remove this particular pistol from the upgrade process so as to not waste time and resources? I went to update my for sale add in the EE and it looks like it may have been removed or deleted. I'm not seeing it.

posted Hide Post
I took four upgraded P320's to the range this evening, along with an older P239 that I just put a barsto .357 barrel in. All ran perfectly.

There are some quirks to the P320's in handling and dry firing, but they functioned fine. After I had spent some time on steel with them and found nothing wrong, I offered my two youngest sons some trigger time. Both liked the P320 compacts, so I gave them each the one they were shooting.

I keep hearing about people describing "trigger sting" from the P320, especially the new thinner-profile trigger, but it it was occurring, I didn't detect it in any of the pistols, in any frame size. All were 9mm; maybe it's an issue in other chamberings.

Turn time on the last ones out and back was five to ten days (sent several off at once, arrived back at different times.

The last pistol I received back, a 9mm compact with a medium frame, when manipulated empty, wouldn't return to battery, and yet the trigger engaged and dropped the pistol into battery as I pressed the trigger; if held with the slide aft about 1/4" I could still engage the trigger. Each the slide didn't want to settle forward when cycled. I took the pistol apart, oiled and greased it, and reassembled; it functioned fine. No difference in operation in any of the pistols at the range that I could tell.

The pistols all feel the same to me in operation after the upgrade as before; other than a few days wait while Sig took care of the work, a fairly painless operation, and the turn was fast.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My 9mm compact has now been upgraded, and I took it out for some "group therapy." The trigger pull actually feels a little lighter and crisper than before. Its thin but nicely contoured profile is very noticeable. Because it also reduces the reach a little, it took some getting used to, putting my shots about two inches left. A change in finger placement took care of it. And it ran perfectly.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LtsAv8
posted Hide Post
I called Sig on 8.31 to register for the upgrade. My P320 Carry is a LE purchase as part of the NRA discount.

Received my email with shipping label 12.18. Sent 12.20 to Sig. Returned 1.2.18 from Sig.

I am not currently fond of the new trigger, but have yet to take it to the range. Overall the take up, break and reset are good. Will provide an update after range time.

P220R3, SP2022 (9MM), P2000SK (9MM), P320 Carry (9MM), G17 Gen 5, G19 Gen 5

Posts: 148 | Location: The Metoplex, TX | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice a difference in the POI once you got your upgrade back? My sights went from 6O'clock POA to 12 O'clock POA. Otherwise the groups are good and the gun shoots great. Could I have gotten a different slide when it was upgraded? I don't know of anything else that would change the sights. If this is in the wrong place to post please tell me where it should be and how to get it there.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of my Sig P320s were to Sig and back in under 10 days.

Maybe I got lucky I don't know.

I will tell you I like the pistols even more and are now in my carry rotation.

The improvement it the trigger is huge. So far the best trigger of any of my plastic guns.

Not a Sig fan boy but I'm moving that direction.

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flog me if it’s been asked, but will the Sig flat trigger I put in my .45 before she went to NH work if I put it back in when she gets home? That said, I’m really waiting for GGI to drop their carry enhancement kit.

Posts: 9 | Location: Lovely Central Texas | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just sold the P320. Do you think it would be prudent to call Sig again and have them simply remove this particular pistol from the upgrade process so as to not waste time and resources? I went to update my for sale add in the EE and it looks like it may have been removed or deleted. I'm not seeing it.

I'd say it's worth calling and asking what you should do, or if it's going to be a problem should your buyer want to upgrade. Maybe it's not an issue, but best to check.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived at Sig for the upgrade.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34083 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Great, just great.

Sig just called me and left a message, they have a problem with my home return address.

He said it "kicked back", whatever that means.

They also have my email incorrect after know I keyed it in properly and got the RMA label at the proper address, it was proper on the return form.

I put the return sheet in the pistol box just like they gave it to me and it was right.

Edited: They just called me back.

Seems my old address was still in the system and he was verifying the return address was correct.

Super nice guy and assured me they would see to my pistol is take care of.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34083 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I had posted early on that I was going to wait and see what other's opinion of the results were before deciding to send my 9mm compact in or not.

I went on-line yesterday and signed up. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for Sig to get to me.

I signed up my P320C for the upgrade on Jan 1st and I got my notification e-mail today. WOW! I expected to be (and was fine with) waiting well into March or April due to waiting so long to sign up.
I will be shipping it off tomorrow.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Got my email today of "send us your guns"
So I dug out the cases and got them all ready to take to fedex.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post