SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAG_SE:
I just received this email for those with the 'Grayguns Competition Action Package'

To preserve the value of the Competition Action Package work previously performed and to receive the voluntary upgrade, customers must return their P320s to Grayguns for the Competition Enhancement Package. It is our goal to make available our package in the very near future and as soon as it is available, we will ask you to sign up online as you will be prioritized in our shop queue. This package will be offered at a special introductory price and provides the most up to date features developed by Grayguns.

....is it just me, or does that read as if they are charging for the upgrades?
*i made the part in question bold

I haven't received an email yet.

I hope that last line was intended for those who wish to purchase the competition package, not for those of us who have already paid, and have waited long periods of time for it.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Got my P320c back today, only dry fired it but the new trigger seems smoother and somewhat lighter to me. I never did experience the double click before the upgrade.

Does anybody know what the trigger made of?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up mine from FedEx today. Arrived at Sig on Wednesday 11/1 and shipped back on Monday 11/6. Can’t complain about the service.

How can you tell it’s been upgraded? All that’s obvious to me is some shiny areas on the underside of the slide above the FCG, where I assume they milled something out. Anyone have comparison photos of original vs. upgraded?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might help:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/new...ervice-announcement/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I got my upgrade registration confirmation email on Oct 3. Haven't seen anything about a return label yet.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15261 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I got my upgrade registration confirmation email on Oct 3. Haven't seen anything about a return label yet.

Same here, got the confirmation form letter on Oct 3.
Have patience, they will eventually get to us. Smile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:

Same here, got the confirmation form letter on Oct 3.
Have patience, they will eventually get to us. Smile

No impatience here, I've got alternate carry options. Just adding a data point.

Posts: 15261 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shipped my two P320 and two conversion kits on Friday 10/20, Sig received them on Wednesday 10/25. I got one of my P320 and one of my conversion kits back today Thursday 11/9. As most people have stated the trigger is different, I had trigger pinch with the original trigger but no pinch with the trigger upgrade.

Posts: 15 | Location: Missouri | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charlier26
posted Hide Post
Sig received my 320C on 10/23....no word on it yet. But my brother's got there several days later, and it came back a week ago. [Not fair....ha ha]

Posts: 19 | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Just received another form letter email from SIG today @ 4:47pm (still no shipping label) noting that the updates are underway and in so many words, to have patience with the process.

Regards, Steve

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted this & got an email from Sig shortly after. Essentially said thanks for your patience, wait a bit more for a shipping label.

posted Hide Post
Same here. I want to buy a compact kit but don't want to have to send it in as well.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received this yesterday afternoon, I was hoping it was the shipping label but at least I know I haven't been forgotten either.

Dear XXXXX,

As part of our promise to provide you with updates on the status of the P320 Voluntary Upgrade Program, we are pleased to inform you that pistol upgrades are now underway.
As scheduled, some customers have already received the first wave of return information and additional customers will begin receiving return call tags in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued patience throughout this process. We look forward to keeping you informed as further updates become available.
The SIG SAUER Team

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Same email I got.
"Thanks for waiting, now wait some more"

posted Hide Post
When did you guys who are still waiting register for the upgrade? I did mine as soon as it was announced.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
When did you guys who are still waiting register for the upgrade? I did mine as soon as it was announced.

I registered mine(I hate using that term) on 9/13th or 9/14th.

I got my first Sig email acknowledgement about the Voluntary Upgrade on 10/3.

That first acknowledgement said they'd be issuing the shipping labels in Oct/Nov and Nov is almost half over so hopefully soon we will be seeing ours soon.

This right from the Sig email from 10/3.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

Received the initial voluntary upgrade email from SIG on 8/17.
Signed up about two weeks later.

Regards, Steve

posted Hide Post
Sent out fedex on the 28th and got shipping notice it will be back on Monday. So 28th of Oct to 13th of Nov, plus they sent label for last 320. Not bad.

Posts: 7442 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

August 26 & 28. No Labels yet

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little P320 compact upgrade history:

Received shipping label on 10/17.
Shipped on 10/18.
SIG received P320 on 10/20.
SIG shipped P320 back to me on 11/1.
P320 arrived at my door on 11/3.

I have no problems with turn around time. In fact I think it was too quick. The pistol had never been fired by me, but when I got it back the slide could not be removed. I let it sit for a few days, and thought about what could be the problem. Finally, I locked the slide back, removed the magazine, rotated the take down lever and sling shot released the slide over a cushion. The slide came off the frame (finally).

After inspecting the slide, I noticed that the slide cutout for the disconnector was machined differently than pictures I have seen of another slide. Apparently the disconnector was hanging up in the cut out. I called SIG customer service today and tried to convey to them what I had found. The female on the other end did not want to hear it. She said "the slides may be machined differently because there are different slides." Now I don't care if there are 50 different versions of the same slide, the cut outs should be the same, and the slide should work smoothly. Customer Service refused to take another look at it, so I'm on my own. YMMV.

TBK

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post