SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
posted
I called Sig customer service & asked three questions;
1) Are upgraded slides backwards compatible with non-upgraded FCU's - "Yes"
2) My upgrade was rejected online because it was sold to LE - CS Rep took info for upgrade on phone
3) Was any change made to the configuration of the trigger other than the thinner profile - "NO, all aftermarket triggers will work with the upgraded FCU, only the weight of the standard trigger was reduced. That is why the flat X5 trigger is not being replaced".

4) Being retired with extra time on my hands I decided to weigh P320 triggers. Sig is reducing the curved trigger weight, but not the X5 flat trigger with the upgrade. I know that weight distribution is more important than actual weight, but here it is. Weighing was done on my powder scale in grains & sample of 1 except for 2 Grayguns Flat & 2 Sig non-pinch.

Sig Original - 229.6
Sig non-pinch update - 251.5
Sig X5 Flat - 234.5
Grayguns Flat - 235.0
Grayguns Curved - 249.9
APEX Action Flat - 230.6
APEX Advanced Flat - 234.8

It appears that Sig increased the total weight of the P320 trigger by about 9% from the original trigger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arcwelder,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah thanks. It's refreshing to have a P320 upgrade thread containing only useful, factual information.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
only useful, factual information

Have you talked to SIG C/S reps before?

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL Rhino. After surviving some of the posts on the Mutha Of All P320 Threads, even Sig CS is looking good. Razz

Actually, I've had very good service over the years from Sig CS. However, it was for work I wanted done and had questions on. Never had an issue or warranty work on any of my Sigs to deal with though. As we know, results may vary.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Let's keep it to useful, factual information, and it can stay independent of the other thread. If it heads the same way, it'll get locked as a duplicate.

If you want to speculate, or argue, do it in the other thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want to speculate, or argue, do it in the other thread.

Hear, hear!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I 2nd that.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
useful, factual information,

Any one care to give the factual synopsis of what's going on. I started reading it when it was DPD thread and a page or two in the late 40's of the thread. The sections I read didn't have the black and white information I was looking for. Since I don't own one and don't plan on buying one, I guess it's not super important, although the VTAC one looks semi appealing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Considering that the original curved bow is the lightest of the group, I wonder if there will ever be a curved trigger bow that will be considered 'drop safe' if mass/weight distribution does play a role in the failures. Personal preference, but in hand I tend to prefer curved over straight.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
useful, factual information,

Any one care to give the factual synopsis of what's going on.

Basically mass hysteria giving validity to the old Chinese expression "Everybody pushes a falling wall."

Stay on this new thread for FACTS.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exfed2001:
......Basically mass hysteria giving validity to the old Chinese expression "Everybody pushes a falling wall."

Stay on this new thread for FACTS.

Agree on first, disagree somewhat on second. If you mean only this thread.

The original thread, generally, is/was a PITA. I've read everything and continue to monitor additions. However, there is some good information buried within. Most folks don't want to wade through seventy some pages and some dippy doo posts to find it though. Can't say I blame them.

If somebody has the time, follow both.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
......Any one care to give the factual synopsis of what's going on. I started reading it when it was DPD thread and a page or two in the late 40's of the thread. The sections I read didn't have the black and white information I was looking for......

I understand your interest. However, once that starts, many of the argumentative posters on the original thread will be crawling over this one too. Sometimes, one man's facts become another man's opinions. It is one of the most emotional, heated threads I've seen here on SF. Thank goodness that Para and Arc have maintained some semblance of order.

There are some links to good sources and some good posts, but I'm not going to wade through it all again to pick them out. However, here is one from Guns&Ammo describing details (factual) of the upgrade itself:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/new...ervice-announcement/

Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Nipper- that link was very helpful.

As a 320 owner it provided clear information to help me in my decision of how to proceed.

Thank you

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
My upgrade was rejected online because it was sold to LE - CS Rep took info for upgrade on phone

Did they say anything about a timeline for LE pistols? I'm wondering if it's the same as for the others, just with a different method of "joining the queue."

I have to admit that I'm still torn between getting mine in there ASAP versus waiting to see how the updated pistols are turning out. I'm leaning towards waiting until any rough edges in the upgrade are identified and smoothed out.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thanks excellent and concise. just the facts!

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link was very helpful. I'm trying to figure out why the disconnector was added. If I understand the mechanics of this, a disconnector would not contribute to preventing a "drop fire." I can see where it would help with preventing an out-of-battery fire or doubling.

Am I missing something (not unusual)?

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well Praise the Lord, Nipper.... that one link told me more about the issue than all the hysteria I've read and watched over the past two weeks. Thank you! I own three P320's and have been more than a little concerned about them. After reading this short thread, not so much.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy to be of service guys. G&A did a fine job.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
However, once that starts, many of the argumentative posters on the original thread will be crawling over this one too. Sometimes, one man's facts become another man's opinions. It is one of the most emotional, heated threads I've seen here on SF. Thank goodness that Para and Arc have maintained some semblance of order.

That's not in their best interests, or ours. It is useful for everyone to have information easily accessible instead of wading through the other thread. We appreciate people keeping this one nice and tidy.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post