SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Possibly doesn't permit the upgraded fcu to work as intended. For what it's worth, even before the modifications, the 320 worked perfectly.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, I don’t know what “as intended” means. I shot it 100 rounds worth last week. Everything worked perfectly. I like guns more than I like computers because I can understand exactly how they work. A blanket statement with no explanation does me no good. It’s like saying the long cut lightening cut is dangerous. Why?

They want them back, they paid for shipping to get them back, they still work perfectly. What is wrong with them. I asked Sig. They said incompatible. Clearly that isn’t true. What gives?

I’m not trying to cause problems but I am looking for a solid, real answer, not a blanket platitude. Inquiring minds and all that. Lol

Posts: 7442 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
pedropcola, I may have missed it but did Sig request you to send in your SC grip shells? I sent in a SC conversion, no grips, and received no communication from them to send in the SC grips.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes ceptor. They actually called me, I had a SC in that I had stippled and they were calling to tell me that it had to be replaced. I asked why and they said the old modules were incompatible with the upgraded fcu's. I told them I had a couple other older subcompact grip modules, I told him 2 but I actually have 3, and he told me on the phone and subsequent email that they were sending me my SC firearm/new grip module and two additional grip modules of the new style. He sent a shipping label for me to return the 2 old style SC grip modules that I have.

I have shot the new fcu in an old SC grip module so I know for a fact that compatibility doesn't seem to be an issue.

I haven't heard much of this changeover. One guy posted a picture of the new style, it only differs in that it has a beavertail much like the compact, carry, and fullsize.

This is why I am confused.

Posts: 7442 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a notice from Sig today and thought Friday for sure but when I checked the FedEx tracking it says delivery tomorrow. Looks like a range trip this weekend.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Registered mine late.
Received by SIG on 30 November.
Shipped back by SIG on 6 December.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
Just received my LE full-size P320 back from SIG. Received by SIG on 29 November, picked up from FedEx last night, 6 December. Pretty good turn-around in my opinion!

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Possibly doesn't permit the upgraded fcu to work as intended. For what it's worth, even before the modifications, the 320 worked perfectly.

I wonder if it has something to do with the beavertail absorbing some of the drop energy.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aha, now that possibility makes sense. It begs the question though, if a upgraded fcu in an old shell is drop safe or not. That is a pretty big IF.

That would explain the desire to cull all old SC shells from the wild. Of course, they seem to be playing this aspect of the upgrade pretty close to the chest.

Interesting.

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure saying dig created this problem is being fair. The number of incidences that have occurred is small compared to the number of guns sold. And the recall is voluntary so no one is twisting anyone's arm. And the guns have been declared safe without the recall.

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Sig 320 lover. My posts indicate that. My multiple guns with multiple conversion parts do as well. That being said, saying these guns are safe without the voluntary upgrade is a weak argument. It is a modern gun that dropped from slightly above waist height onto a firm surface will discharge on a regular basis is hardly the grounds to declare it "safe". Most people believe the use of voluntary upgrade vice recall revolves around two issues. Liability and the idea that the gun passed an arguably standard drop test.

The people who "declared safe without the recall" are also the people who made the gun and are liable for any faults in the product. I think the proper term for that is conflict of interest.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Registered mine late.
Received by SIG on 30 November.
Shipped back by SIG on 6 December.

Registered mine late as well, still no word from SIG. Frown. Oh well, the wait continues.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yes ceptor. They actually called me, I had a SC in that I had stippled and they were calling to tell me that it had to be replaced. I asked why and they said the old modules were incompatible with the upgraded fcu's. I told them I had a couple other older subcompact grip modules, I told him 2 but I actually have 3, and he told me on the phone and subsequent email that they were sending me my SC firearm/new grip module and two additional grip modules of the new style. He sent a shipping label for me to return the 2 old style SC grip modules that I have.

I have shot the new fcu in an old SC grip module so I know for a fact that compatibility doesn't seem to be an issue.

I haven't heard much of this changeover. One guy posted a picture of the new style, it only differs in that it has a beavertail much like the compact, carry, and fullsize.

This is why I am confused.

This is interesting because I love to put my compact barrel and slide on my old SC grip module. Soooo should I be calling Sig to see if they will swap my old SC module for a new one?

Posts: 473 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Received my compact 9 and SC 9 conversion back today.

First, there was a new style SC small grip shell with the beavertail included. The bevertail completely changes the grip and makes it much more solid. I previously had cut down compact grips so I could have the beavertail with a SC grip, this is a good improvement.

Second, my compact slide has the shallow lightening cut and I see what another member is concerned about regarding the reset. My slide has to travel just shy of maximum rearward travel before the disconnector resets. I know that during fire this will be a nonissue but it does seem odd.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received notice that my gun is on its way back. With the shipping time included that will make a total turn around time of just shy of 2 weeks. Not bad.

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Are they replacing Medium subcompact grips too, or just the Smalls?

I have a railed Medium subcompact grip that I use with my Compact on occasion.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. They replace both sizes of SC. I have them in hand right now. The beaver tail feels better in my hand but I’m starting to think the impact absorption theory is the most viable right now as to the change.

We need Omaha Outdoors to start drop testing new fcu’s and old SC grips. Lol

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Received mine back today. Not much new or different to report than what has already been discussed. I do like the new trigger better than the original factory model, and it’s easy to use while wearing light gloves. Until I fire the gun I won’t know if I will prefer it to the Apex flat trigger, but I’m optimistic that it will be satisfactory.

The pull weight was 5 pounds, 7 ounces. The gun has about 1600 rounds through it and out of the box originally the pull weight was 6 pounds, 0 ounces. With the Apex trigger before I sent the gun back for the “upgrade” the pull weight was 5 pounds 1 ounce. The pull weight increase over the Apex trigger is probably due to the difference in the leverage contact points between the two triggers. I was a little surprised that the original factory trigger was returned to me along with a coupon for 25% off SIG products through the end of the month.

Although not unexpected, it was good to see that the pistol had been test fired at the factory.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveM_SIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Received mine back today. Not much new or different to report than what has already been discussed. I do like the new trigger better than the original factory model, and it’s easy to use while wearing light gloves. Until I fire the gun I won’t know if I will prefer it to the Apex flat trigger, but I’m optimistic that it will be satisfactory.

The pull weight was 5 pounds, 7 ounces. The gun has about 1600 rounds through it and out of the box originally the pull weight was 6 pounds, 0 ounces. With the Apex trigger before I sent the gun back for the “upgrade” the pull weight was 5 pounds 1 ounce. The pull weight increase over the Apex trigger is probably due to the difference in the leverage contact points between the two triggers. I was a little surprised that the original factory trigger was returned to me along with a coupon for 25% off SIG products through the end of the month.

Although not unexpected, it was good to see that the pistol had been test fired at the factory.

Double check your 25% coupon. It should be good through December 31, 2018.

Posts: 7 | Location: NC | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveM_SIG:
Double check your 25% coupon. It should be good through December 31, 2018.

Big Grin
I am glad someone can read. Thanks. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato