SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Sent in my eight P320s on the 20th.
Two of them are arriving back at my place tomorrow.
A third one is arriving Friday.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I had posted early on that I was going to wait and see what other's opinion of the results were before deciding to send my 9mm compact in or not.

I went on-line yesterday and signed up. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for Sig to get to me.

I signed up my P320C for the upgrade on Jan 1st and I got my notification e-mail today. WOW! I expected to be (and was fine with) waiting well into March or April due to waiting so long to sign up.
I will be shipping it off tomorrow.

Shipped my P329C off on the 19th, just got notification that it should be back tomorrow.
32 days from registration to return is nothing to complain about.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two of them are arriving back at my place tomorrow.
A third one is arriving Friday.

You could log on to FedEx and change them to arrive on the same day.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
and two more coming on monday lol

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
And it's on its way back again.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My 320s are back home again. Had to go to FedEx Terminal in Delaware to pick them up, no one home when they wanted to deliver. My 320 compact has a great tigger much better then before. The 320RX is about the same if not a little heavier but still nice. Now off to the range. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
320 Compact back. 20 days portal to portal. Trigger is a bit heavier but nice clean break. Me thinks that a little lube and some shooting will get it just about right.

I see what you guys mean about a little finicky on breakdown and assembly. Gotta retrain myself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: yanici,

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is due back tomorrow Tuesday Feb. 5, 18 days round trip.
Then it goes up for sale. I see a lot of people selling them or parts, presumably to get more money selling the FCU and slide separately.

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My phone just indicated it has been delivered.

Shipped it to Sig on January 11th, got it back today after sending it to the wrong address last week.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Extremely disappointed with this "upgrade".

It went from a crisp break to a VERY mushy, sloppy thunk that smacks the slide forward around a sixteenth of an inch. It is extremely gritty feeling and very hard to move.

The trigger is NOTHING like it was when it left.

The slide wobbles vertically, then slams forward. It fails to go into battery every time.

How did they allow this to leave the factory?

This is unacceptable.

Oh, and for the trouble of shipping it to the wrong address? A Sig sticker.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I'll get mine back anytime, and it seems like a roll of the dice whether the trigger is better, or worse.

Some folks have the same or better trigger, some folks report getting a mess back. I wonder what they're doing to get such inconsistent results?

I was very happy with my P320c, if I get a garbage trigger I'll just try to find an unaltered one I guess.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This is garbage. I'm wondering if it will fire out of battery, it is so bad.

I can't wait to post up a video.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I wonder what they're doing to get such inconsistent results?

Hiring incompetent idiots, that's what.
Apparently Sig does not give a shit anymore.
A coworker got his back and his is shit also.

I won't have anything newer than a folded slide.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I just got my shipping notice. It's due back tomorrow.

Chance that no one is here to receiver it: 99%

I logged into the Fedex package management thing and it won't let you pick a delivery time or even have it held at the hub.

So, great. Now I have to chase a handgun around.

I sure wish they'd let you pick when to have it delivered.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I correct in reading that Sig stopped production to deal with the voluntary recall? If so, have they resumed production and are sending retailers upgraded or completely redesigned models?

If I see a P320 in a display case and want to buy it, is it likely the reailer has sent it back?

And finally, are some preferring to buy models that haven't been sent in, or are choosing not to send in for the voluntary recall for fear that the trigger will not be as good.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm home sick from work today, which was a good day to be sick. My P320c arrived about 20 minutes ago.

I'm pleased to report that the trigger is improved from the original.

quote:
Originally posted by Stafford:
Am I correct in reading that Sig stopped production to deal with the voluntary recall? If so, have they resumed production and are sending retailers upgraded or completely redesigned models?

If I see a P320 in a display case and want to buy it, is it likely the reailer has sent it back?

And finally, are some preferring to buy models that haven't been sent in, or are choosing not to send in for the voluntary recall for fear that the trigger will not be as good.

If they stopped, they're back at it again.

Gun shops near me have both un-upgraded and new guns with the new trigger in them. The upgraded trigger is distinctly thinner in profile.

Some folks have chosen not to upgrade, and if my pistol had come back with a mushy gritty trigger I'd feel as they do, and either go get a non-upgraded gun or ditch the platform.

The trigger on my newly "voluntarily upgraded" gun is still one reason I really like the P320c, I'm relieved to say.

SIG should address this inconsistent application of their new parts, it's not good to have to wonder if your gun will come back with a turd for a trigger pull.

Arc.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I called my CS rep and stated that my repair was unacceptable and they insist that it is "within spec", just shoot it. The slide won't even go into battery properly. It shoves into battery when you pull the trigger, though. The firing pin sounds like there's a marshmallow stuffed up in the slide, where it had a good crisp, loud click before as if it is now contacting the FPB.

I sold it last night and now it's someone else's problem.

I will never be stupid enough to ever purchase another Sig product again.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I called my CS rep and stated that my repair was unacceptable and they insist that it is "within spec", just shoot it.

Frankly, that's just bad CS, and a separate problem. They should take the damn pistol back and see what might be wrong, plain and simple. How does the guy on the phone know what happened to yours? He doesn't.

quote:
The slide won't even go into battery properly. It shoves into battery when you pull the trigger, though. The firing pin sounds like there's a marshmallow stuffed up in the slide, where it had a good crisp, loud click before as if it is now contacting the FPB.

See, that doesn't sound at all like what should happen, and my sample of one doesn't do that, it functions normally. The difference in mine is no more "click," and a trigger as good as or better than original. So, somebody at the factory F'ed up and they should own it.

It seems that they're adopting an HKesque "We have military contracts and the consumer market can suck it" attitude.

quote:
I sold it last night and now it's someone else's problem.

Can't blame you for that, particularly after CS insisting it's "in spec."

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Condensed information now stickied for those who still need it.

Arc.